Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stand by for Titanfall...2!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So there will be no season pass, and all maps and modes will be released free for everyone.

www.pcgamer.com/titanfall-2s-maps-and-modes-free-no-season-pass-required

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Has the game really changed so much from the beta? The beta pretty much ruled out me buying the game on launch and it seemed to get criticised in most places but now it's getting perfect scores across the board. Shame they pulled the ten hour trial as if it has actually improved that much then i'd be buying it for sure.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Has the game really changed so much from the beta? The beta pretty much ruled out me buying the game on launch and it seemed to get criticised in most places but now it's getting perfect scores across the board. Shame they pulled the ten hour trial as if it has actually improved that much then i'd be buying it for sure.

Haven't read the reviews, but surely they are based on the campaign no ? There wouldn't be enough people on to justly review the multiplayer which is where the guts of the game is for most :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Mickeroo wrote: »

Im extremely surprised too, the main red flag for me is none of the reviews mention the beta one way or the other. Im still going to pick it up tomorrow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

The game is live NOW!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭crowseye

So what are peoples impressions of this so far? I'm considering picking it up after work for PS4 but I'd like to get peoples thoughts on it before I decide. I'd be mainly looking at it for the multiplayer not too bothered about the campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

crowseye wrote: »
    So what are peoples impressions of this so far? I'm considering picking it up after work for PS4 but I'd like to get peoples thoughts on it before I decide. I'd be mainly looking at it for the multiplayer not too bothered about the campaign.

Brother got it after midnight and he's well impressed. Already likes it better than battlefield 1 apparently.
    I'll be picking it up at lunch. Argos are the cheapest but they don't have any stock until tomorrow apparently.
    Maybe Smyths, certainly not gamestop...

crowseye wrote: »

Im multiplayer primerally but will be giving single player a go with all the reviews.

Played attrition for about 1.5hrs, on level 4. It feels much better than the beta, just played the level with the bridge in the middle and it felt great.
    I cant put my finger on whats changed but the matches seem to be very manic with a lot going on. When I control my titan it feels like I am having more of an effect on the game than as a pilot, enemy pilots are difficult to kill and when I kill one it feels like an accomplishment, the grunts AI is bit better (they are still just cannon fodder) and take a few more bullets to kill.

The one complaint I have is as a pilot it is difficult to keep track/team up with other pilots whereas obviously its easier with titans.

Overall cautiously happy.

just realised they have put bounty hunt as the first multiplayer option so all the noobs are in there. Well done Respawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Where is the cheapest place to pick this up?

What are peoples initial thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

In case anyone forgot, PC "retail" edition only contains an EA Origin download code.

No disc at all. (just for our non-broadband brethren)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I should finally clear gears today (if I can get some people out of the house!). I've never been big on gears multi-player so I'll offload it and get TF2 today/tomorrow at minimal cost. I'm still playing the original and loving it. I didn't hate the beta although didn't get a lot of time on it.

I did however hate the battlefield beta so it's no contest for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

theteal wrote: »
    I should finally clear gears today (if I can get some people out of the house!). I've never been big on gears multi-player so I'll offload it and get TF2 today/tomorrow at minimal cost. I'm still playing the original and loving it. I didn't hate the beta although didn't get a lot of time on it.

I did however hate the battlefield beta so it's no contest for me.

You're only buying* this Valve masterpiece 9 years after release?

*edit*
    *forgot TF2 is F2P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

I have to say I didn't think I'd be bothered with this but it looks very very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

What I am looking for is player base longevity. Titanfall 1 started great also but then the player base evaporated.

I am thinking in January if its still going good I'll pick it up then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

From the Eurogamer review...
    Make no mistake - as short as it is - Titanfall 2's campaign is a benchmark, and quite feasibly the best single-player FPS since Modern Warfare 2 (although this year's Doom might have something to say about that).
    My raised eyebrow at the iteration of MW used in the comparison aside, there does seem to be a lot of gushing going on with the campaign. To the wishlist!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

gizmo wrote: »

My raised eyebrow at the iteration of MW used in the comparison aside, there does seem to be a lot of gushing going on with the campaign. To the wishlist!

Yeah I am picking this up once back in stock at Argos, the original was fantastic until the player base dropped. Nut that was die to lack of content, something I am sure they have learnt from.

It does look like great fun, which is what I am looking for at the moment. Battlefield is good but its a bit of a grind to be honest.

Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

gizmo wrote: »
    Make no mistake - as short as it is - Titanfall 2's campaign is a benchmark, and quite feasibly the best single-player FPS since Modern Warfare 2 (although this year's Doom might have something to say about that).

It reminds of this from IGN about TF1 :D

titanfall.png

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭limitedIQ

Hopefully smyths have some in stock so i can pick in up on the way home.
    also new 40" tv just got delivered this morning so happy days :) !

£42 on Amazon. I've just sent in a Flubit request so hopefully they come back with £36-37. I paid £35 for gears and CEX are giving £36 cash :D

• Advertisement

I wonder why the game has nothing to do with EA access? I knew they weren't offering the 10 hour trial but theres not even the usual discount you get with EA games when you're an EA access subscriber.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Just picked it up for ps4, was going to hold off for a while, but the reviews have been so overwhelmingly positive that I had to bite.

I wonder why the game has nothing to do with EA access? I knew they weren't offering the 10 hour trial but theres not even the usual discount you get with EA games when you're an EA access subscriber.

Most likely down to the game only being published by EA and not developed by them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Put in a fair few hours today.

I found MP games tend to be very once sided. Played mostly Attrition with 4 or 5 games of Bounty Hunt to round off the
    afternoon.

Haven't touched campaign yet so can't say anything about that.

Fun so far but not at all sure of its staying power. Fear it could suffer the same faith as TF1.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Played some campaign and dabbled in a few multiplayer games, very impressed so far. Not really concerned about the game having staying power myself, the gameplay is as good as ever, and the progression system much more robust so that should give the game some extra legs. To be honest I actually rathered the original Titanfall once the squeakers and the trolls all pissed off, having a small community who all enjoyed the game for what it was, was quite refreshing. Granted, the playerbase was eventually very small, but I never had any bother finding games all the same.

goon_magee wrote: »
    To be honest I actually rathered the original Titanfall once the squeakers and the trolls all pissed off, having a small community who all enjoyed the game for what it was, was quite refreshing. Granted, the playerbase was eventually very small, but I never had any bother finding games all the same.

I'm the same, I still play and enjoy the original. Got my offer back from flubit, £38.64. I should have it Monday. 3 days of pat leave left should be fun!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm really liking the campaign. Not sure about the story but the banter between the MC and Titan is very well written and the combat is so much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I got Battlefield last weekend thinking that this wasn't going to be fantastic, I thought it might be good but thought Battlefield was a better bet. Was not expecting all the high praise it has gotten. Very tempted to splash out.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Put about three hours into the multiplayer then and it's class. There's just a great flow to the movement and gunplay and it all feels right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Just after playing a few games of mp and it is very good.

-Controls feel tight.
    -movement is spot on
    -shooting feels good
    -titans are quality.

Maps seem fine . so far so good. an hour with the game has left me wanting more. Hope to get more time over the long weekend .

Advertisement