Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stand by for Titanfall...2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Sorry to disappoint, but I'm playing the Xbox One version anyway

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Shiminay wrote: »
    It is most assuredly NOT a platformer when you're playing multiplayer! But if you wanna play a game against me with your controller, please go right ahead, I'll feed off you all day and night :D

I can put up a good fight :) Game from this morning:

IMG_4323.png

But seriously, I do not deny the objective reality of the superiority of mouse and keyboard shooting (I do prefer the analogoue movement but that's just a personal preference). Mostly it's a case of old habits dying hard, TBH: played a lot of the first game on 360 as I didn't have a gaming PC at the time, so have become incredibly comfortable playing it with a pad. Wouldn't go near one for any other PC shooter, oddly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You get analogue movement with a keyboard and mouse if you use it properly.

I think Titanfall you really need more than two buttons on the mouse. Got a budget five button jobbie and it plays a lot better but managing the extra functions on keyboard was a bit troublesome.

Have to admit to pausing the game then picking up the controller subconsciously and playing for a good 30 minutes before I realised why the controls felt sluggish. Titanfall is very lenient with aim assist so aiming isn't a massive issue (other than long distance weapons, aim assist always puts me off) but Movement is a lot better when you can make quicker turns.

• Not sure if it's been mentioned already but there is no paid DLC with this game either. All free.
    Another great move.
    I'm hoping this sells more. Devs really deserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Discounted to 35 already for X1/PS4 on US amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Wow,strange how this can happen to good games the odd time.

Can only think the release window is to blame,madness releasing it right in between the big two.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

EoinHef wrote: »
    Wow,strange how this can happen to good games the odd time.

Can only think the release window is to blame,madness releasing it right in between the big two.

Reminds me of the year Psychonauts, PoP Sands of Time and Beyond Good and Evil failed to perform. Happens a lot in busy years with busy release schedules. Happened to EA before with Mirror's Edge and Dead Space (although Dead Space is a pure 7/10 game but definitely didn't deserve to bomb).

Hopefully EA take a chance on the series like they did with Dead Space. I can see it becoming popular once it reaches a few more people at heavily discounted prices.

• Dead Space was 9/10 ;)

It happened to games like Vanquish and Binary Domain if I remember back.
    Such a Shame

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Dead Space was 9/10 ;)

It happened to games like Vanquish and Binary Domain if I remember back.
    Such a Shame

Wonder if/when games like dead space will be remastered for VR (pipe dream really). It may have been completely derivative but it oozed atmosphere.

bugs wrote: »
    It may have been completely derivative but it oozed atmosphere.

The sound the design was unreal but it kind of ran out of ideas very early and got repetitive I found.

Dead Space probably wouldn't work in VR, it's just VR games need to be made around VR but something in the Dead Space universe would be good, or even remaster the wii lightgun shooter for VR might be fun.

• Advertisement

I think EA are taking a very clever and insightful "chance" on Respawn. From 2015 to Infinity Ward to Respawn, they made decent FPS games. Its only a matter of time until MOH is made by Respawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Discounted to 35 already for X1/PS4 on US amazon.
    Wow, this soon. Thats great.

Wow, this soon. Thats great.

BF1 is also that price, only on US amazon from what I can see.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Think they're price-matching Target in the US who had the same price on the two games as part of a pre Black Friday (or Annual Consumerism Day) sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

dreamers75 wrote: »
    BF1 is also that price, only on US amazon from what I can see.

I think Amazon is starting black Friday sales on the 14th. Maybe something will pop up on the UK end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Atrition is one hectic game mode. Really enjoy that and bounty hunt.

The boards happy hour is at 10. Very few people on tho

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

CptMackey wrote: »

Same happy hour as my friends network too. Six of us in total. What's the boards one again?

smokingman wrote: »
    Same happy hour as my friends network too. Six of us in total. What's the boards one again?

Search boards and it comes up. Tag is bie

Finished the campaign last night. Was just long enough for me. Have to say I really enjoyed it. First fps story that I have finished in a while bar doom .

None of the mission specific weapons/objects stuck around too long which was refreshing.

Will play through it once more to explore a bit more.

Back to mp now for a while and maybe try and get top 3 in the gauntlet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CptMackey wrote: »

What platform are you playing on? I always hop networks to find one that's at happy hour. It doesn't really make a huge difference anyway.

What platform are you playing on? I always hop networks to find one that's at happy hour. It doesn't really make a huge difference anyway.

I'm on ps4. I hop networks too but check when I get on to see if there are other boardies playing

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

What is the XBO boards server?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Not seeing many boardsies on the PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Is the Xbox Boards network the one called Boards, or the one called Boards.ie? Obviously the latter is, but wondering if the first one is op

• FutureGuy wrote: »
    What is the XBO boards server?

bie I think
    Search boards either as above

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Losing patience with this game. So many rounds with teammates who have 2 kills.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Losing patience with this game. So many rounds with teammates who have 2 kills.

are they not getting minion kills though? I find it rare to see someone who's truly sucking. I've often been 2nd on the leaderboard with only 1 or two pilot kills.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Nah... Like 2/3s of the team are proper bad. I'd like more clarity on how MM works in this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I'm playing on PC but with a gamepad - best of both worlds ;)

I can't play FPS games with a game pad I'm just too old school I need my mouse.

But I do know others who can't get used to mouse and keyboard, most of those people started FPS gaming on Xbox with Halo.

Advertisement