Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stand by for Titanfall...2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Started using the hemlock burst rifle last night, was my favorite gun in TF1, and it absolutely wrecks in TF2, possible to take pilots down in one burst from decent distances if you catch a headshot, hip fire is terrible though, going to take me a while to get out of my Lstar run and gun habits.

myself and M!ck had a good win streak going last night, funnily enough, we tended to lag behind a little in the opening stages, but once the titans came in, it was game over for the other teams. It good to see the strategies evolving.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Started using the hemlock burst rifle last night, was my favorite gun in TF1, and it absolutely wrecks in TF2, possible to take pilots down in one burst from decent distances if you catch a headshot, hip fire is terrible though, going to take me a while to get out of my Lstar run and gun habits.

myself and M!ck had a good win streak going last night, funnily enough, we tended to lag behind a little in the opening stages, but once the titans came in, it was game over for the other teams. It good to see the strategies evolving.

Jesus I thought it was an awful awful gun. Hip fire like you said is nasty and ADS zooms in too much imo.

• Jesus I thought it was an awful awful gun. Hip fire like you said is nasty and ADS zooms in too much imo.

I find it great, started using it last night.
    Highly accurate

Jesus I thought it was an awful awful gun. Hip fire like you said is nasty and ADS zooms in too much imo.

its very situational, if you get a pilot coming straight at you, bouncing from wall to wall, you haven't a hope, but at medium to long distances its very strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Nice little interview with Vince Zampella about the building of Titanfall 2 at Respawn from Glixel.
    Will you make another Titanfall game?
    We don't know yet. The game is, critically, a huge success. We're really happy with all the reviews and the positive sentiment. Sales, it's too early to tell. We'd definitely like to tell more of the story and the universe. I think it's pretty safe to assume that we'll explore more of it. EA might have announced more. Devin?

[Devin Bennett, a publicist for Electronic Arts, interjects, "What we've said is we're committed to the franchise."]
    So, whatever the **** that means.
    But my favourite part... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I find it great, started using it last night.
    Highly accurate
    its very situational, if you get a pilot coming straight at you, bouncing from wall to wall, you haven't a hope, but at medium to long distances its very strong.
    gizmo wrote: »
    Nice little interview with Vince Zampella about the building of Titanfall 2 at Respawn from Glixel.

But my favourite part... :pac:

Medium distance fair enough but the game doesn't reeeeally cater for long. I'd say a good 80% of my kills come from close, throw a grenade range. The rest are at medium length and as I said in this or the other Titanfall thread there's no 'real' need to use anything other than an SMG.. The default car is fantastic, the alternator is pretty good although now I've unlocked the Volt with its deadly accuracy it pretty much covers all angles.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

RC 201 is decent once you get it above level 3.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    RC 201 is decent once you get it above level 3.

Is that the starting gun?

I couldnt get on with it and never went back, must try it again.

• http://www.craveonline.com/entertainment/1165417-titanfall-2-creator-provides-brash-response-titanfall-3-question

EA, ya done ****ed it up

Feel sorry for Respawn, games deserves the support

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Wasn't the smartest move to leave Activision and then team up with EA of all companies

• Advertisement

Xbox early black friday sale has this down to 35

EDIT: Sorry I was looking a dollar price, it's 41.99 here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Special sale also on PSN has it at €40.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Wasn't the smartest move to leave Activision and then team up with EA of all companies

Yeah it was 100% the smartest move, Activision are far worse than EA have ever been.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

http://www.craveonline.com/entertainment/1165417-titanfall-2-creator-provides-brash-response-titanfall-3-question

EA, ya done ****ed it up

Feel sorry for Respawn, games deserves the support

Zampella's relationship with publishers has never been great. Things went very sour with Activision.

Its crazy early to even be asking about Titanfall 3. The second game is only out. Initial sales may not be great but it might be a slow burner. I plan to get it at Christmas. If I had to guess I am sure Vince wasn't happy with the release date of the game. Titanfall 1 launched in March 2014. A perfect time for an FPS getting onto its feet.

EA did the same stupid move with Medal of Honor a few years ago. They set its launch day just one week before Call of Duty Black Ops 2 and destroyed a franchise in the process. Months later they announced they would not make another Medal of Honor game again.

Respawn have the right idea not charging for map packs, that just divides a community and contributes to the death of game with a small community.

We have seen how successful Rainbow 6 Siege has become due to constant updates and free map expansions and new characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

To be fair, Zampalla's comment was more than likely a tongue in cheek response to a publicist just spouting what amounts to little more than a "no comment" at the end of the interview. Inferring anything else from it is jumping the gun a wee bit imo.

As for the move to EA in general, it's worth bearing in mind the original game was developed under the EA Partners Program which ensured Respawn retain the IP which was a pretty significant change from the usual AAA contracts at the time. While the program is now defunct, I'd wager the sequel was made under the same agreement and since the original didn't exactly set the world on fire sales wise, sticking with the series and making the rather bold decision to make future content free, is commendable from EA's perspective.

• Zampella's relationship with publishers has never been great. Things went very sour with Activision.

Its crazy early to even be asking about Titanfall 3. The second game is only out. Initial sales may not be great but it might be a slow burner. I plan to get it at Christmas. If I had to guess I am sure Vince wasn't happy with the release date of the game. Titanfall 1 launched in March 2014. A perfect time for an FPS getting onto its feet.

EA did the same stupid move with Medal of Honor a few years ago. They set its launch day just one week before Call of Duty Black Ops 2 and destroyed a franchise in the process. Months later they announced they would not make another Medal of Honor game again.

Respawn have the right idea not charging for map packs, that just divides a community and contributes to the death of game with a small community.

We have seen how successful Rainbow 6 Siege has become due to constant updates and free map expansions and new characters.
    This is what must be utterly frustrating for the devs.
    They did everything right including getting rid of bull**** DLC polices which would be normmally attached to other crap titles like the new COD for example and the game is still getting overlooked simply because of a nonsense release schedule by EA

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

gizmo wrote: »
    To be fair, Zampalla's comment was more than likely a tongue in cheek response to a publicist just spouting what amounts to little more than a "no comment" at the end of the interview. Inferring anything else from it is jumping the gun a wee bit imo.

As for the move to EA in general, it's worth bearing in mind the original game was developed under the EA Partners Program which ensured Respawn retain the IP which was a pretty significant change from the usual AAA contracts at the time. While the program is now defunct, I'd wager the sequel was made under the same agreement and since the original didn't exactly set the world on fire sales wise, sticking with the series and making the rather bold decision to make future content free, is commendable from EA's perspective.

Gizmo is on to the right track here as to why most of Infinity Ward left to form Respawn,they had zero rights regarding the COD IP. After helping create and form the IP that must have been gauling.

EA knew this and knowing how good Zampella and West were offered them a way out with control over their IP,sounds like the right decision at the time was to form Respawn and move to EA.

I reckon we're on the edge of seeing games hold off on the traditional christmas / thanksgiving release spot - games like dying light have shown that its possible to launch at a traditonally quiet time and do well via word of moth / positive reception. If TF2 had launched late february / early march, it would have done gangbusters. Call of Duty is seeing its active lifespan shorten every year as they recycle the same stuff that no-one wants.

As an Aside, Publishers need to stop this active drive to 'dethrone' COD from the top spot. no one cares - and its making other games suffer by splitting up the playerbase, and its declining away on its own naturally. 99% of the reason TF1 was so successful on xb1 was that there was a drought of other games worth playing.

I do think that TF2 is a game that'll see a surge over christmas and via the sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I really think the 'free DLC' will help Titanfall 2 massively in the long run. Multiplayer focused games tend to tail off because of Paid DLC fragmenting the possible audience, which means when you're looking at starting to play one a year after it's out, if you see lots of paid DLC, you'll probably skip it because you know that. The free DLC will have the benefit of combating that, but it also allows Respawn to get a trickle of free publicity every time a new piece of content is added. Think of how Battlefield 4 saw a surge in popularity years after it launched because the DLC became free, and they added lots of additional free content too.

I hope Respawn have the freedom to continue improving the game. One area they really need to work on is the multiplayer UI, because it's a mess right now. SW Battlefront and BF1 have fantastically designed UIs for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I already have TF2 on the PC but got that PS4 code and couldn't resist buying it again. It's such a great game that I actually feel like deserves my support and I've more friends playing it on PS4 anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Bought it this morning for €22 for PC, fantastic game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Anyone got a code they might want to donate? No sign of one for me ðŸ™႒

Great game but that horrible film grain is almost a game breaker for me and it cant be removed apparently.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Dcully wrote: »
    Bought it this morning for €22 for PC, fantastic game.

Where you get it for that price?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Where you get it for that price?

Its reduced on origin but reduced even more via a trip to South Korea :D:D;);)

Then at checkout add TITAN20 code for a grand total of €22.81

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Dcully wrote: »
    Its reduced on origin but reduced even more via a trip to South Korea :D:D;);)

Then at checkout add TITAN20 code for a grand total of €22.81

Do you then always have to play it from South Korea or can it be played back here?

Lol

Not sure if your being serious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Played a few more games of Bounty last night and had a lot of fun - still nowhere near topping leaderboards, but capable at times (did hit a cold streak in one game of Respawn-Die-Respawn-Die, but otherwise I helped out). I haven't hit my stride in Titan vs Titan battles like I did in the original. Still getting to grips with some of the different classes.

As a pilot, tips for taking down Titan? Rodeo is only good til you remove a battery? And then hop off and just let loose with Anti-Titan weaponry? Currently using the Magnetic Grenades (after trying the laser cannon thing for a bit - terrible latency caused me to abandon that!)

🤪

• Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Played a few more games of Bounty last night and had a lot of fun - still nowhere near topping leaderboards, but capable at times (did hit a cold streak in one game of Respawn-Die-Respawn-Die, but otherwise I helped out). I haven't hit my stride in Titan vs Titan battles like I did in the original. Still getting to grips with some of the different classes.

As a pilot, tips for taking down Titan? Rodeo is only good til you remove a battery? And then hop off and just let loose with Anti-Titan weaponry? Currently using the Magnetic Grenades (after trying the laser cannon thing for a bit - terrible latency caused me to abandon that!)

Not really worth your time using anti-titan weapons continuously.
    You will find time wasted when you could have been killing AI / Pilots and helping you team that way.

For attacking titans;
    Use cloak.
    Hop on then pull the baterry and give it to friendly titans which makes a huge difference. This also accelerates you Titanfall.
    Note when holding a baterry cloak is negated somewhat as you will glow green so be quick.
    Jump off straight away if the electric smoke is used btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

After you rodeo and remove the battery, you can rodeo again and you'll drop a grenade into the battery chamber.

Advertisement