Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean MacDermott St building

Options
  • 11-04-2016 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭

Whats the building at the end of this street,big red brick building,looks like a warehouse or storage facility? Its between Rutland St Lwr and Buckingham St Upper.It has a high railing as you walk past it on Sean Macdermott St.No signage and looks to be deserted,but the building is in good nick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Sounds like the Magdalene laundry.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

No, I know the place the OP means, across from the Magdalene, by the City Council offices.
    I always thought it was a big sub-station or something like that. It's usually fairly well-maintained in terms of litter blowing in etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭easygoing39

@ spurious..... That's the building I'm on about!!As I said,it's being maintained,but I pass it at weekends and there's no sign of anyone on site.I must go by it during working hours and see if I can see workers there.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

It is an ESB substation. Very rarely see workers at it.

Advertisement