Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR -Cancel Order get bill of €157 for nothing!!!

Options
  • 11-04-2016 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Its a long story but so are most Eir service delivery stories!! Apologies guys!!

I moved to a rented apartment 2 months ago in South Dublin.  I decided to go for an eir broadband/mobile/tv and landline bundle, it seemed like a good deal in the advert!!

Went online to get a deal, but I was informed that I HAD to call. Called, oh I’m in a FIBRE area, you must get FIBRE.  Its a little more expensive but its 100mbs.  OK, I can live with the good connection so I agree.  Salesman was a nice guy, I’m nearly sure he said that I would havea 14 day cooling off period after the INSTALLATION (This forms a contract?, its different in the EIR contract, notwithstanding the legislation)

Anyway, 2-3 weeks for install, in fairness I have to cancel th e1st date, so another 2-3 weeks.  I can live with that.  Then the engineers arrive, KN.  “Not a chance mate, we can’t get a cable in withpout drilling a hole into your neighbours”  “ But you can get VDSL, we’ll put a report into EIR).

OK fair enough, you do that and I’ll call them.... grand.  Few days later at work I call... not a nice salesperson, but a customer representative.... not as nice!!

“You cancelled your appointment why?”  So I had to explain the whole story (do you not keep notes EIR?).  Transfer to sale....... wait 20mins, get tired as I’ma t work and hang up.

Few days later, I call again. And..... Have to explain the whole thing again, not so nice person transfers me again to...

to the mobiles section.... wrong section..... transfer..... 10mins

Sales!, OK I'm willing to get a VDSL connection, can you re-quote me please?  Yes but its more expensive than the online option?  Why?  Because as I'm in a fibre area I have to call even though I can’t get it!!  So I have to pay more.  25 mins

OK OK so then cancel my order and I’ll order on line...... eh no your in a fibre area, we can only partially cancel as some of your services as they are already live?????  35 mins

Live,???? I haven’t got a landline yet!!!!!  And the sims you sent are still in their packages.

This is about 45mins in while at work...... Frustrating so after all my goodwill to re-order I decide to cancel the call.......

ANOTHER TRANSFER

HOME MOVES:  Why do you want to cancel??? Etc etc ,more explaining of the whole ordeal from the very beginning (do you not take notes EIR?)

EIR:  Your landline is live????  Well it may be live but you never got it into my house!!

EIR: You will have to pay fees!!  You are crazy EIR, the only service I have received from ye is heartbreak!!  And I took it well most of the time..... 1 hour and my face is as red as my hair....

..... so I cancelled my order, but Eir says I received services!!!!!

Cancelled my services, after receiving absolutely nothing and received a bill for €157!!!!!!!!

WHY EIR???? I didn’t even get a chance to utilise your services (definition of acceptance of services in your contract???)  Now you’ll put a block on my line and I won’t be able to get any service in VDSL or fibre from another company.

So what do I do now, Pay the bill??? Or not have any possibility to get a phone connection from anyone!!!!!

Wait until I get a debt agency to threaten me on behalf of EIR????

THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULD NOT AVAIL OF EIR SERVICES!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,079 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Ombudsman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Its a long story but so are most Eir service delivery stories!! Apologies guys!!

I moved to a rented apartment 2 months ago in South Dublin.  I decided to go for an eir broadband/mobile/tv and landline bundle, it seemed like a good deal in the advert!!

Went online to get a deal, but I was informed that I HAD to call. Called, oh I’m in a FIBRE area, you must get FIBRE.  Its a little more expensive but its 100mbs.  OK, I can live with the good connection so I agree.  Salesman was a nice guy, I’m nearly sure he said that I would havea 14 day cooling off period after the INSTALLATION (This forms a contract?, its different in the EIR contract, notwithstanding the legislation)

Anyway, 2-3 weeks for install, in fairness I have to cancel th e1st date, so another 2-3 weeks.  I can live with that.  Then the engineers arrive, KN.  “Not a chance mate, we can’t get a cable in withpout drilling a hole into your neighbours”  “ But you can get VDSL, we’ll put a report into EIR).

OK fair enough, you do that and I’ll call them.... grand.  Few days later at work I call... not a nice salesperson, but a customer representative.... not as nice!!

“You cancelled your appointment why?”  So I had to explain the whole story (do you not keep notes EIR?).  Transfer to sale....... wait 20mins, get tired as I’ma t work and hang up.

Few days later, I call again. And..... Have to explain the whole thing again, not so nice person transfers me again to...

to the mobiles section.... wrong section..... transfer..... 10mins

Sales!, OK I'm willing to get a VDSL connection, can you re-quote me please?  Yes but its more expensive than the online option?  Why?  Because as I'm in a fibre area I have to call even though I can’t get it!!  So I have to pay more.  25 mins

OK OK so then cancel my order and I’ll order on line...... eh no your in a fibre area, we can only partially cancel as some of your services as they are already live?????  35 mins

Live,???? I haven’t got a landline yet!!!!!  And the sims you sent are still in their packages.

This is about 45mins in while at work...... Frustrating so after all my goodwill to re-order I decide to cancel the call.......

ANOTHER TRANSFER

HOME MOVES:  Why do you want to cancel??? Etc etc ,more explaining of the whole ordeal from the very beginning (do you not take notes EIR?)

EIR:  Your landline is live????  Well it may be live but you never got it into my house!!

EIR: You will have to pay fees!!  You are crazy EIR, the only service I have received from ye is heartbreak!!  And I took it well most of the time..... 1 hour and my face is as red as my hair....

..... so I cancelled my order, but Eir says I received services!!!!!

Cancelled my services, after receiving absolutely nothing and received a bill for €157!!!!!!!!

WHY EIR???? I didn’t even get a chance to utilise your services (definition of acceptance of services in your contract???)  Now you’ll put a block on my line and I won’t be able to get any service in VDSL or fibre from another company.

So what do I do now, Pay the bill??? Or not have any possibility to get a phone connection from anyone!!!!!

Wait until I get a debt agency to threaten me on behalf of EIR????

THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULD NOT AVAIL OF EIR SERVICES!!!
    Hi pabloasturias,

Thanks for getting in touch.
    There seems to be a alot of miscommunication here and apologies are definitely in order, this is not the service we aim to provide and I am really sorry to hear you had this experience.
    Can you PM me the account details and I be have these charges removed. I will also relay your feedback to the relevant department.

-Pamela 

Advertisement