Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Eir Router

Options
  • 11-04-2016 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Eir rang last week and offered to come and check my Broad band .They came today and installed a new router and new lines .How ever my internet has gone from download speeds of 16mbps and upload speed of 00.50mbps to download speed of 19mbps and up load speed of 15.84mbps.However my laptop has actually got slower .How could this be I wonder .Broadband cuts out now too every ten mins .Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

How do you mean your laptop has gotten slower?

That would have absolutely nothing to do with your internet connection....

In regards to the Internet disconnecting every 10 minutes - Most Eircom routers (mainly zyxel branded ones) have a timeout setting in them usually default to around 1K seconds...

Type 192.168.1.254 (or .1 at end it will be on modem) into your address bar and go to the router configuration screen - somewhere hidden in there is this Timeout Setting - up it to 9999 and it won't reset every few minutes... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭lenny1020

I have been into the settings and couldnt find the timeout settings anywhere .Still freezing every 30mins

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Call them. If the install is unstable they need to return.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

lenny1020 wrote: »
    I have been into the settings and couldnt find the timeout settings anywhere .Still freezing every 30mins

how are you connecting to the router. I presume you are using Wifi?
    Have you tried cabling to the router and redoing the speed test?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭lenny1020

Thank you I will follow your advice and try a direct connection to the TV .

• Advertisement
Advertisement