Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failing Erasmus

• 11-04-2016 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there,
    I'm currently on Erasmus from UCC and have failed my modules from the first semester, and its very likely Ill fail most of them for semester 2 as well. The problem is that my degree is a 50/50 language one, so I dont know what the procedure is for failing.. does anyone have any experience in this area? is it true that I will have to go before a board, and if so, what are my chances of making it into final year?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭embraer170

In what country/university are you? Do you have a justification for failing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 canard112

France... like what would suffice as a justification?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

canard112 wrote: »
    France... like what would suffice as a justification?

Did my Erasmus in czech last year. I know my friends who went to friends said it was a killer to pass over there so don't beat yourself up over it.

Most universities know erasmus is not the easiest due new systems, languages etc. so there might be a bit of leniency over there depending on your university.

Have you talked to your erasmus coordinator in france and at home? I've never heard of someone failing as a "make up" exam or a couple of essays usually will pass them. Try contact the individual lecturers, I know it's a killer with the stress but no one wants to fail an erasmus student.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭embraer170

Good advice about talking to the individual lecturers. There should be time to save the second semester, which will help your overall case with UCC. You "found the start difficult, but eventually settled in" is always a good story.

Also the earlier you talk to your UCC based coordinator, the better. But first I would have a plan of how you will save your second semester, rather than just saying you are doing badly.

Things like being sick are a good justification. Spending your days skiing in the Alps above Grenoble probably is not such a good justification. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cmc291294

I think if you can get an average of 9-10/20 you should be okay

• Advertisement
Advertisement