Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Very unfit- but underweight

• 11-04-2016 8:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking for any tips or apps of a good type of exercise regime? I'm quite afraid of losing weight is the problem. I'm borderline underweight but look skinnier than my weight implies...5 ft 3, 51kg. I'm actively trying to up calories to gain weight also, which a new less stressful job with more mealbreaks is helping. I'm not a gym person and would exercise at home or out and about.

I walk quite a bit. My heartrate is 100 plus at rest (this is under investigation re: thyroid though). In terms of exercise I wouldn't be overly keen on running as this would annoy my ankle (tendonosis) and my back is easily aggravated also. My diet is okay...lots of meat and carbs, I've cut down on sugar, and am trying to incorporate more fruit and veggies. At the moment I am keen to start exercising but am aware diet is important too.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Diet is far more important than excersise. You don't have to be fit to gain weight, but obviously being fit has its own benifits.
    Download myfitnesspal and track what you eat to make sure you are eating more than you're burning. Go online and calculate your total daily energy expenditure first (TDEE)
    Try eat some healthy fats too (nuts, seeds, avacado, nut butter, fish, yogurt)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Op look into basic resistance training. You can do a lot with a set of adjustable Dumbbells and some resistance bands. Body weight exercises like squats, push ups and pull ups are great too. YouTube is a tremendous resource for free tutorials. That's the way I'd go if you don't like gyms.

Upping your calories without doing some resistance training could just leave you skinny fat.

Advertisement