Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

minutes from nasrpc meeting

Options
  • 11-04-2016 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

just wondering did any one receive the minutes from the latest meeting of the NASRPC? seems to be an awful lot of truth in it as to what the last committee done, just wondering how the GRPAI took it? looks like someone threw their sweets out of the pram!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Mod note: Moved from Target Shooting (please read the forum charter).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

hermes2011 wrote: »
    just wondering did any one receive the minutes from the latest meeting of the NASRPC? seems to be an awful lot of truth in it as to what the last committee done, just wondering how the GRPAI took it? looks like someone threw their sweets out of the pram!!

Have they been made public?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭hermes2011

I got email from my club came as pdf.

I got email from my club came as pdf.

I haven't received anything from my club.

ask them for a copy, its interesting read. computers wiped and bank account closed by last committee, of whom some are now GRPAI!!

• Advertisement

ask them for a copy, its interesting read. computers wiped and bank account closed by last committee, of whom some are now GRPAI!!

I think only one member of the old committee is a member of the GRPAI committee.

yes so far apparently a lot of shooters on the irish squad are in favour of grpai. this secretive group had a meeting but never said how many were at it or if any clubs attended it and now have the audacity to call themselves the NGB of irish target shooting I know for a fact that this stems from them not standing for the NARSPC committee again because they wouldn't have got elected. So much for democracy in our sport. What happens if they get voted off GRPAI will they start another association, and would that new association be automatically another NGB??

some clubs must be supportive as grpai as there first shoot up does this mean that this club still supports the narspc I wonder how many more clubs will have there shoots I can think off one other

some clubs must be supportive as grpai as there first shoot up does this mean that this club still supports the narspc I wonder how many more clubs will have there shoots I can think off one other

Yes, some clubs/shooters support the GRPAI. That doesn't mean that they don't support the NASRPC. A lot of people would support both organisations.

To be honest, I just want to shoot and have a bit of craic. It doesn't matter one little bit to me which organisation has NGB status. I will shoot in NASRPC comps and also in GRPAI comps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭cw67irl

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Yes, some clubs/shooters support the GRPAI. That doesn't mean that they don't support the NASRPC. A lot of people would support both organisations.

To be honest, I just want to shoot and have a bit of craic. It doesn't matter one little bit to me which organisation has NGB status. I will shoot in NASRPC comps and also in GRPAI comps.

My thoughts exactly For "Joe shooter" who doesn't get into the politics of it all it looks great. The GRPAI means extra competitions so I'm all in favour. Also knowing some of the guys involved it should be be a successful venture

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

You don't have to be involved in the politics of shooting to take part, but i hate it when people say they have no time for it. Its there whether you want to acknowledge it or not, and is it not better to at least be informed because its the people that are interested and take control that will steer your sport in the direction it's going.

As such it can have repercussions down the road and at that point you'll be wishing you did know what was going on.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

Cass wrote: »
    You don't have to be involved in the politics of shooting to take part, but i hate it when people say they have no time for it. Its there whether you want to acknowledge it or not, and is it not better to at least be informed because its the people that are interested and take control that will steer your sport in the direction it's going.

As such it can have repercussions down the road and at that point you'll be wishing you did know what was going on.

Like an organisation wanting to take over the licencing of centrefire pistols, for instance ?

i just want to shoot too but what if there was a scenario where if u are in one association that you cant shoot in another associations competitions. they seem to dislike each other. secondly the ngb matters because if they are both ngbs of target shooting in theory they could both field two national teams. this is will put any international shoots into jeopardy for example the next one in HH. so who do the other countries associations talk to? thirdly, what if there are clubs that support grpai and the narspc kicks them out. shooters should be worried about this and this is very important even to those who sit on the FCP who represent our sport.

why and were did GRPAI come from .
    1. old NARSPC committee resigns en-masse if one goes the plan not to seek re election chairman first one to go.
    2. ex NARSPC committee member told no longer eligible to be rep on FCP said ex-committee member is one of the founding member of GRPAI
    3. GRPAI before coming public sought out support in target clubs
    4. at least three clubs give support 2 Leinster and 1 in Ulster express support
    5. new committee NARSPC were democratically elected by its membership
    6. no one knows who elected the committee of GRPAI and who the members are or are they just self appointed
    7. how can they call themselves an NGB of target shooting when we have one in the NARSPC
    8. everything GRPAI have done up to now seems to be in the shadows at least if you don't like the new NARSPC you will have an opportunity to vote them out at the next NARSPC AGM. will we be given the same opportunity with the GRPAI

just a thought - long live democracy!

i just want to shoot too but what if there was a scenario where if u are in one association that you cant shoot in another associations competitions. they seem to dislike each other. secondly the ngb matters because if they are both ngbs of target shooting in theory they could both field two national teams. this is will put any international shoots into jeopardy for example the next one in HH. so who do the other countries associations talk to? thirdly, what if there are clubs that support grpai and the narspc kicks them out. shooters should be worried about this and this is very important even to those who sit on the FCP who represent our sport.

NASRPC shoots are open shoots. So are the GRPAI shoots. Anybody can shoot in them. I doubt that there are plans to ban each other from their respective competitions.

The GRPAI don't hate the NASRPC. They have stated that they want to work with the NASRPC.

You are right about the importance of NGB status. The NGB thing still has to be sorted out. I always assumed that the NASRPC were the NGB for Gallery Rifle. I find it strange that the IGRF haven't put this to bed. They have failed to make a statement backing up the NASRPC as the NGB. This leads me to believe that officially nobody has recognised NGB status. I could be wrong in thinking that as I'm not well up on that side of things.

I can't see the NASRPC kicking out clubs who host GRPAI competitions. That's very unlikely.

Who knows what way things will pan out.

On the FCP thing, the NASRPC have their spots on the FCP so the GPRAI will have no affect on the FCP makeup.

no body knows how it is going to go. but in regard to them meeting a third party attempted to get both associations to sit down to discuss stuff and they wouldn't even meet. There can only be so many seats on the FCP for Shooting associations and the members they represent I cant see GRPAI not wanting a place on it. but again we have to see how it pans out.

It would be worth keeping in mind that the seats on the FCP are issued by the invitation of the Minister. I think I'm pretty much "out" as being in favour of the FCP, but it would be a bad idea to repeat the mistake made last time by a lot of people who either forgot what the FCP was and what it was for; or who never learnt in the first place.

I mean, there's a certain amount of irony in watching someone berate the FCP while obviously not knowing what it is or what it's for, but that's only amusing for the first minute or so...

I am well aware what the firearms consultative panel is and who it consists of, as most enthusiastic shooters are. That said I am also aware of many individuals who may not. the one seat in normal practice is instinctively offered at the discretion of the minister for justice to the National Body representing our sport. But with the two associations apparently representing our sport both declaring themselves NGB who will take up the invite

the one seat in normal practice is instinctively offered at the discretion of the minister for justice to the National Body representing our sport.
    That's not quite correct though. There was an entire argument about that, and whether or not to devolve that to the SC (which to me says that a lot of people have forgotten who issues the invites, because it is not down to the attendees to decide that kind of thing)

but It isn't down to the attendees I am quite sure that it comes from the minister of justice, her department (DOJ) and also the Garda Siochana in a collective capacity. shooters need to realise who is representing them and how important the FCP is as it could determine what sporting rifles and sporting pistols as person can be licensed for. and also what disciplines we can compete in as I remember an ex minister for justice brining in laws to ban centre fire sporting pistols many years ago and subsequently we had numerous court cases as a result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

but It isn't down to the attendees I am quite sure that it comes from the minister of justice, her department (DOJ) and also the Garda Siochana in a collective capacity. shooters need to realise who is representing them and how important the FCP is as it could determine what sporting rifles and sporting pistols as person can be licensed for. and also what disciplines we can compete in as I remember an ex minister for justice brining in laws to ban centre fire sporting pistols many years ago and subsequently we had numerous court cases as a result.

I am curious if and when it would likely be possible to again license centre fire pistols for target practice. I would like to get into this discipline, starting with a .22, but would like to be able to move up to a 9mm at some stage too. I feel robbed for not getting into the sport years ago, when I might have been able to license a target pistol with a bit of a kick.

goz83 wrote: »
    I am curious if and when it would likely be possible to again license centre fire pistols for target practice. I would like to get into this discipline, starting with a .22, but would like to be able to move up to a 9mm at some stage too. I feel robbed for not getting into the sport years ago, when I might have been able to license a target pistol with a bit of a kick.

If the Minister wanted it, tomorrow.
    Centerfire pistols are not banned for target practice, restricted short firearms are. And yes, that is splitting hairs because centerfire pistols today are restricted short firearms, but it's an important hair to split because the restricted list is set out in an SI and can be amended by the Minister without going to the Oireachtas. I can't see it happening in the immediate future given how things are right now (ie. the EU jumping up and down to ban guns and there being no government in Ireland right now... more or less anyway), but the ability is there to restore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Sparks wrote: »
    If the Minister wanted it, tomorrow.
    Centerfire pistols are not banned for target practice, restricted short firearms are. And yes, that is splitting hairs because centerfire pistols today are restricted short firearms, but it's an important hair to split because the restricted list is set out in an SI and can be amended by the Minister without going to the Oireachtas. I can't see it happening in the immediate future given how things are right now (ie. the EU jumping up and down to ban guns and there being no government in Ireland right now... more or less anyway), but the ability is there to restore it.

I can't envisage there being a good time to try have it reversed. It's very unfair that no new applications are accepted and would be very interesting to see this being challenged in the near future.

I have very distinct and vivid memories dating from around 1999-2001 of people being unable to envisage pistols ever coming back.

I don't think challenges are a good idea however (not least because if we hadn't done the "challenge" thing, we'd have had pistols a few years prior to 1999). The FCP is the right way to go about this.

Advertisement