Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a good MTL tank...

Options
  • 11-04-2016 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

I'm looking for a mouth-to-lung tank. At the moment I have a GS Air, which is cheap as chips, has decent flavour, and doesn't leak.

What I'm after is a non-leaky tank with a decently large capacity as the GS Air only holds 2.5ml. I was thinking of the Joyetech Cubis for it's non-leak tank and decent capacity, but reviews seem to say flavours are a bit muted (my eGrip is a bit muted too, compared to the GS Air)

Another one I was wondering about is the Nautilus (not the mini), mainly for its huge tank, but I know little enough about it.

At the moment I'm vaping 9mg liquid at 40PG/60VG, but am aiming to move to lower nic & possibly higher VG in the future. Perhaps I should just consider sub-ohm...

All advice welcome.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

The 5ml nautilus is great especially with the new triton mini clapton coils.

The endura T18 tank is decent, very cheap but not quite as good as the nautilus. Airflow isn't adjustable.

The best MTL tank i've used to date is the new Kayfun mini v3 but thats a rebuildable.

If you looking to get into direct lung/sub ohm then the aspire cleito is a good one to consider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

Cleito is a great direct to lung tank and the 0.4 coils are excellent.
    Melo 2 is also a fantastic tank and can be used either dtl or mtl, rba also available for it, 0.3 coils are one of the best stock coils I've used.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

The Cubis is your best bet maybe, for MTL with the option of trying sub-ohm, lung hitting also. Matt from Suck my mod said it's the best current tank for MTL. You get a 1.5 clapton coil, a 1 ohm SS, and a 0.5 ohm SS with the tank for €23. Hard to beat that considering it's flexibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

Good point on the Cubis.
    Must research a bit more on the flavour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Kayfun mini v3. Provapes do a great clone. I have an original and the provape clone and I'm hard pushed to tell any difference.

• Advertisement

Hmmm....
    Melo 2 looks good too if it can take Aspire coils...

Has anyone done that?

j26m wrote: »
    Hmmm....

Has anyone done that?

It can, it takes the Atlantis and triton coils, and pretty sure the Herakles 1 coils too. I had the Atlantis and original herakles and they could share coils, so I don't see why not. This gives you some nice options, those Herakles 0.6 ohm coils are really nice.

From what I hear the Melo tanks are very good, especially for the money. The Melo 3 is out now, I think you can only get it atm with the Pico though?

Hmmm....

Has anyone done that?

Melo will take the Atalantis and Triton coils and also the Anyvape rba and there is also an Eleaf rba available for it.
    The standard Melo coils are excellent,I haven't seen the Melo 3 being sold on it's own here yet but it is also an excellent tank albeit only 2ml capacity but it performs as well as the Melo 2 using the same coils.

I see the 4ml on pre-order on fasttech.

Looks worth a punt at that price.

I see the 4ml on pre-order on fasttech.

Looks worth a punt at that price.

If your getting spare coils for the Melo try and get original ones,FT have clones and they are not good to put it mildly:o A lot of the Irish vendors have good quality coils available.

• Advertisement

If you search Melo on their site, the results lower down the page are interesting :)

If you search Melo on their site, the results lower down the page are interesting :)

Hahaha, had to check

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

The Aspire triton 2 is a good mtl with the 1.8ohm coils, the nautilus can have leaking problems one of mine did...

Also try the tfv4 micro with its 1.2ohm or 1.8ohm coils, starts at a 2.5ml tank but can be expanded to a 5ml tank with the included extension kit.

Oh and the aspire plato can take nautilus coils and holds 5.6ml liquid its and all in one type device.

The Melo 3 [full size, non kit] is now showing on some sites, think it might be pre-order though, worth checkiing

The Aspire triton 2 is a good mtl with the 1.8ohm coils, the nautilus can have leaking problems one of mine did...

Also try the tfv4 micro with its 1.2ohm or 1.8ohm coils, starts at a 2.5ml tank but can be expanded to a 5ml tank with the included extension kit.

Oh and the aspire plato can take nautilus coils and holds 5.6ml liquid its and all in one type device.

Thanks. I've gone for the Cubis at this stage - arrives today!

I'm sorely tempted by the Plato, but I already have an eGrip. One of my local shops has them for 75 quid though....

Damn you shinyitis!

If the Plato could take Cleito coils it would be a winner, but it can't so I skipped on that one. Don't really like mods that restrict you to one tank type in general.

If the Plato could take Cleito coils it would be a winner, but it can't so I skipped on that one. Don't really like mods that restrict you to one tank type in general.

I like having a "rugged" mod for certain stuff where a tank-up-top jobbie would be vulnerable. I wouldn't dare use my iStick 60w - it'd be broken in no time.

I like having a "rugged" mod for certain stuff where a tank-up-top jobbie would be vulnerable. I wouldn't dare use my iStick 60w - it'd be broken in no time.

The Plato costs more :D and is probably as breakable. You want something like the AIO for out and about/work etc, or something like this:

https://irishvape.com/product/60w-encom-voidray-vwtc-box-mod/

Well, the Cubis arrived this morning, and by a nice coincidence, the blue cover plates that I ordered from Fasttech a few weeks back arrived too.

I am impressed. The 1ohm coil is very nice, and my mod is tarted up to the nines!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

Well, the Cubis arrived this morning, and by a nice coincidence, the blue cover plates that I ordered from Fasttech a few weeks back arrived too.

I am impressed. The 1ohm coil is very nice, and my mod is tarted up to the nines!

fasttech do replacement coils 5 pack for $7 the price of 2 here ;)

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10013375/4035800-authentic-joyetech-cubis-tank-316-stainless-steel

• Advertisement

I'm working through my teething issues at the moment - it seems that if you tighten it too much the rubber blocks the holes and it's dry hit city.
    I'll work it out though...

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

As you like the Eleaf Air, you could get the Eleaf GS Air MS with a 3ml capacity: http://www.ezsmoke.ie/clearomizers/703-clearomizer-eleaf-gs-air-ms.html

You can also get a 4ml capacity version, the Eleaf_GS_Air-M.
    http://www.tobiana.com/store/p79/Eleaf_GS_Air-M_Atomizer.html

There is also the Eleaf GS-Tank with a 3ml capacity:
    https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10011884/2906200-authentic-eleaf-gs-tank-bottom-coil-clearomizer

All are great tanks and fairly cheap to boot.

Coils on fasttech are dirt cheap and you can use the same coils in all tanks. 10 pack of the 1.5 coils are roughly €10.

I have a GS Air and a GS Air-M.
    Both great tanks.

I got some coils on Fasttech though, and they're rubbish - I can't get any flavour out of them at all. Might have been a bad batch, but I'd rather pay the extra here for decent ones.

Both great tanks.

I got some coils on Fasttech though, and they're rubbish - I can't get any flavour out of them at all. Might have been a bad batch, but I'd rather pay the extra here for decent ones.

I got a 10 pack and used 2 so far which have been fine. I hope the rest are ok.

Both great tanks.

Were they the 1.5 ones?

Were they the 1.5 ones?

Yep. I've tried 2 out of the 10. I may give the others a go in the next rotation, but I want to have ones I got here on standby.

I just got the Cubis and 2, 1.5 coils have a burnt taste after less than 10 puffs each, wtf.

Tank looks amazing and build quality is superb, but these coils are rubbish or so it would seem. Yes I did prime them, did 10 dry hits and let sit for 30mins before I hit the fire button @ 10watts.

I'm about ready to throw it out the window.

I just got the Cubis and 2, 1.5 coils have a burnt taste after less than 10 puffs each, wtf.

Tank looks amazing and build quality is superb, but these coils are rubbish or so it would seem. Yes I did prime them, did 10 dry hits and let sit for 30mins before I hit the fire button @ 10watts.

I'm about ready to throw it out the window.

I was the same at the start.
    Tis finnicky. If you overtighten the top it cuts off the juice supply, and you get dry hits. If you undertighten, it can flood and be gurgly. Once you get the balance, it has great flavour. It's my main tank now, but even still I get it wrong the odd time.
    Try loosening it a bit after a few puffs and then retighten. That releases the pressure and allows the juice to flow.

I was the same at the start.
    Tis finnicky. If you overtighten the top it cuts off the juice supply, and you get dry hits. If you undertighten, it can flood and be gurgly. Once you get the balance, it has great flavour. It's my main tank now, but even still I get it wrong the odd time.
    Try loosening it a bit after a few puffs and then retighten. That releases the pressure and allows the juice to flow.

Yeah you are on to something there alright. I unscrewed the top just a tad and that has got rid of the burnt taste. I guess the coil is too close to the base when fully tightened and thus restricting juice flow to the bottom juice holes of the coil. Now I have bad gurgling. :rolleyes:

I guess it is finding that sweet spot as you say.

Such a beautiful tank and the no leak is awesome. I hope I can get past the teething problems.

• Advertisement

Well after much perseverance I finally managed to find the sweetspot where it is vaping nicely. I'm still not sure I am willing to have to deal with finding that sweet spot after every refill, also I chain vape and this tank gets so hot as to become near untouchable at times.

Really want to love this tank and it vapes real nice when you get it right. I will stick with it for a week or 2 and hopefully I can get past the niggles.

Thanks for the advice btw, j26m, worked a charm.

Advertisement