Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESTA Middle Name

Options
  • 11-04-2016 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

Ok probably stupid question my passport as most Irish has my middle name so under forenames Oliver Paul. My virgin tickets just had my Name Oliver O Brien.
    Do include the middle name on ESTA it's a big confusing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Oliver1985 wrote: »
    Ok probably stupid question my passport as most Irish has my middle name so under forenames Oliver Paul. My virgin tickets just had my Name Oliver O Brien.
    Do include the middle name on ESTA it's a big confusing

What's on your passport is what you enter on the ESTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The airlines only care about your first first name but for other agencies I would give the full name as it appears on your passport.

Next time you're getting your passport renewed, drop the middle (second) name. I mistakenly included my middle name (because it's on my birth cert.) when filing out the form on my last passport renewal but a nice guy from the passport office rang me to point out that my middle name was not on my previous passport (the one that had just expired) and I'd be better off without it so I took his advice.

So it doesn't matter how many names are on your birth cert. just use the first one on your passport and then that's all you'll need for other purposes like ESTA.

Advertisement