Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Older type pc

Options
  • 11-04-2016 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi im looking to source some older type pcs specifically precision 670 and poweredge 1400sc.
    Does anybody know of companies that sell regurbished pcs or would anyone have them lying round to sell.
    I hope this ok to post here as im new to this site

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

terrak wrote: »
    Hi im looking to source some older type pcs specifically precision 670 and poweredge 1400sc.
    Does anybody know of companies that sell regurbished pcs or would anyone have them lying round to sell.
    I hope this ok to post here as im new to this site

Have a hunt around adverts.ie, donedeal, gumtree...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 terrak

degsie wrote:
    Have a hunt around adverts.ie, donedeal, gumtree...

I have tried that but no luck yet mate cheers for the quick reply

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Ebay no? Is there a particular reason you need these specific PCs?

Ebay no? Is there a particular reason you need these specific PCs?

No doesnt seem to be any on ebay and yes i do some work for myself refurbishing this particular type of pc and im finding it very hard to find any. I have parts to build them up but need the chassis power supply and plastics. So was hoping somebody might be able to point me in right direction .id day a lot of people would have them lying around or ready to be scrapped but need some way to interact with these people.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Binned what I think was a 670 a year or two ago.

Why bother though with old P4 era kit? Whats the market?

• Advertisement

ED E wrote:

ED E wrote:

ED E one mans junk is another mans treasure so to speak. I have a requirement to build a certain ammount of these to an exact spec so am willing to buy as many of them as possible and it is why im looking high and low for them

I will also take these in any condition

Advertisement