Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midweek nightlife

Options
  • 11-04-2016 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi I'm going up to Sligo for two nights (wed and thurs) in the middle of May for a small break with two friends. We're all of college age and want to go out in the town one of the nights and perhaps to a night club if any are open for the college students. Will they be open mid May during the week nights or if not what are the best bars to go to for the best craic? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,396 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Swagman on Wine street will usually have music or DJs on Tue or Wed, good range of beer there, lively pub.

Students would head more towards a pub called Shenanigans on Bridge street.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 phelan1993

Brewery Bar, Student bar beside the college

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

I wouldn't bank on it being too crazy with students mid may, since its the middle of the exam seasion

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Carson10

Here is a plan for you:

1. Start off at the Brewery Bar (beside IT Sligo, it where all the students go).
    2. Then go into town to the Garavogue Bar (along the river)
    3. Then finish off your nite in Sixth night club

I am not a student any-more, but live beside the college, and to be honest the Student nitelife in Sligo is pretty quiet. You wont see loads of students out on the streets. Most Students now tend to have house party's, then go to the Brewery Bar and get a taxi straight to Sixth nightclub.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Slogger24

From When I was in college in Sligo.
    Some Good spots were - Shenanigans 2) Connollys-For the Guinness 3) Mc Hughs All bars
    Then your nightclubs -Toffs/PURE(NOT SURE IF ITS STILL CALLED THAT)/The velvet rooms.. Plenty of choices really...

• Advertisement
Advertisement