Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's Clarehall like in Dublin?

Options
  • 11-04-2016 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey folks, thinking of buying a house out in Clarehall in Dublin, anyone have any idea what the area's like, I'm not familiar with it at all.
    Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Not a nice place to live at all tbh. I'd be weary about leaving there tbh. Especially when you have Baldoyle,Raheny, Donaghmeade, and even Swords in close proximity for similar places. If you can avoid it, do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Mod note
    Sweeping generalisations about an area are not very helpful. If you have specific knowledge of the area and can help the op please do.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,384 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I lived there for about 6 months in the housing estate and it was fine. Lots of kids around but not the sort where you would feel at all unsafe.
    There were alot of house alarms that went off too regularly though. That was the worst part for me. Also transport links aren't great but if you can put up with buses you will survive.
    Never saw any hassle there. the odd nick nack is as bad as it gets.
    Up at the apartments by the shop would be a different story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

I've never lived there myself, but my girlfriend rented there for a little while. It always seemed ok to me. Maybe there was a side to it I didn't see - this was very close to the Tesco - but I never got the impression it was rough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

I've lived in the apartments next to tesco for the last 2.5 years or so. I expected it to be much worse than it is. Where I live is quiet enough and I'm a short drive into Clontarf to work and can go for a run to Sutton and loop back up through raheny.

That being said, I'd never buy out here, I know it's cheaper than raheny, killester etc but it's not somewhere I'd live full time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Bradz213

Clarehall is fine. I grew up close enough to it. A lot of shops etc that are nearby. Bus routes are OK and not too far from Clongriffen Dart station which has free parking. A lot of apartments and houses were thrown up before the bust in Belmayne and Clongriffen though. There's a bit of a halting site down the Darndale end but I've never seen or heard of them to cause any grief.

I would completely disregard what Hollister had to say. Probably never set foot on the Northside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Bradz213 wrote: »
    Clarehall is fine. I grew up close enough to it. A lot of shops etc that are nearby. Bus routes are OK and not too far from Clongriffen Dart station which has free parking. A lot of apartments and houses were thrown up before the bust in Belmayne and Clongriffen though. There's a bit of a halting site down the Darndale end but I've never seen or heard of them to cause any grief.

I would completely disregard what Hollister had to say. Probably never set foot on the Northside
    Born and raised in baldoyle fyi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Clare Hall is absolutely fine. There's a halting site in Darndale which I've never seen any trouble from (I live locally), area is relatively quiet bar children on the grass/paths playing Kerbs and generally acting like kids.

Buses are decent, there's the 15,42, 43, 27 and so on. For trains or any other public transport, no joy really but the buses are mostly grand.

Shopping centre has a very big Tesco, better than most Tescos tbh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,384 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Shopping centre has a very big Tesco, better than most Tescos tbh.

Dunnes in Donaghmede not too far away either. Cinema within 10 mins drive too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Bradz213

Theres a restaurant, bank and off license at Northern Cross beside the Hilton. Depending on what end of Clarehall you are at, Donaghmede shopping centre could be closer than Tesco. Regardless of where you are, you are no more than 15 mins walk from either shopping centre. 5 min drive/taxi from pubs/restaurants in Coolock, Baldoyle, Raheny and 10 mins from Swords and Malahide. Other close shopping centers in the Pavillions, Omni, Kilbarack, Northside and Artane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

It's grand, although there is great value and more convenience in some of the surrounding areas. May I ask what sort of budget and property you're looking at?

Advertisement