Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is St Josephs Parade, Phibsborough,Dublin 7 A Nice Area?

Options
  • 12-04-2016 2:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'm considering buying in the St Josephs Parade, Phibsborough, Dublin 7 area. Can anyone tell me about this area. Is anyone familiar with that area? Is it rough/prone to crime versus the likes of Smithfield or Stoneybatter for example. I'd be interested in hearing some feedback about the area.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Also would be great to hear about Monck Place, Phibsborough, Dublin 7

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Haven't lived on those exact streets but I'm 5 years closeby, never had an ounce of trouble. Very handy for walking in to the city centre for work, shops, restaurants, pubs, cinema, theatre.

No harm to have a stroll around the area yourself at different times of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Haven't lived on those exact streets but I'm 5 years closeby, never had an ounce of trouble. Very handy for walking in to the city centre for work, shops, restaurants, pubs, cinema, theatre.

No harm to have a stroll around the area yourself at different times of the day.

Same goes for phibsborough road? I had a walk around but it's always hard to tell these things. Only real concern was that I think there's a fire station close-by that might be noisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

cronos wrote: »
    Same goes for phibsborough road? I had a walk around but it's always hard to tell these things. Only real concern was that I think there's a fire station close-by that might be noisy.

I lived near Monck place for a couple of years, and yeah it can be pretty noisy siren wise, with fire station, mater A&E, and mountjoy all next door. Got used to it very quickly and with decent windows shouldn't be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 formernyer

cronos wrote: »
    Also would be great to hear about Monck Place, Phibsborough, Dublin 7

There's a lot of through traffic on Monck Place because there's no right turn at Doyle's Corner so traffic goes that way instead (or just to avoid the lights there). Something to think about.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I would expect parking to be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

formernyer wrote: »
    There's a lot of through traffic on Monck Place because there's no right turn at Doyle's Corner so traffic goes that way instead (or just to avoid the lights there). Something to think about.
    :D I have Monck Place saved on my sat-nav for that exact reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Lived st jospephs parade for years. Area on the whole is ok, has a strong neighbour hood watch scheme.
    Experiences a lot of break ins, lot of junkies.
    Does have the guards patrolling the area routinely due to the above issues

Advertisement