Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Vaping for 3 Weeks Due to a Bug

Options
  • 12-04-2016 7:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭

Had one of those bugs but without the flu symptoms,it affected my lungs & throat,coughing constantly,for two weeks I couldn't vape anything & then gradually took a very small draw from a Nautilus every hour,at the end of three weeks when all the medication was finished,I tried my favorite vaping which was lung hits & I coughed my guts up for days,the only liquid I could use was Hawk Sauce from Cloudhouse as it was never a harsh vape.
    I thought,is this the end of lung hits for me,it was quite worrying as I enjoyed it so much.
    Lucky enough,I got back to lung hits on the fourth week,the Brother still has that bug after 5 weeks & he has never vaped or smoked,must be one of those foreign bugs,the Doctor didn't know.
    Just letting you know that the bug is out there & it is airborne,so there is no need to blame vaping if it happens to you....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Been feeling pretty rough myself lately, been saying it's just "man flu" but headaches, nausea, stomach cramps, and chest pains. Not pleasant, not sleeping very well either. I never blame vaping when I feel rough, been vaping over 3 years and if anything, I've had less colds and infections/viruses /bugs in those 3 years than ever before. When I was smoking my system was so weak if someone sneezed endof the road, I got that cold :D

Hope you feel better soon ... a break from constant vaping isn't so bad either, give your lungs a rest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

You mention stomach cramps,I still have them & it is effecting my body frame front & back,I was putting it down to all the medication I take,especially the insulin,I cut that down by half as I wasn't eating but that didn't help,I had no headaches,nausea or phlegm,dizziness sometimes.
    As you said,I never get colds or flu when vaping either,I normally get a touch of Flu when I have had the Flu jab & I had an extra jab this year for pneumonia.
    Not alot we can do other than suffer til it disappears...the GP's have no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Yeah chock full of pills here too, I rattle when I walk :D

My Doc says the chest pains I'm getting are related to my back injury causing bad posture, and muscles tightening up ... I'm not convinced

Yeah chock full of pills here too, I rattle when I walk :D

My Doc says the chest pains I'm getting are related to my back injury causing bad posture, and muscles tightening up ... I'm not convinced

:D:D:D:D:D Doctors tend to give us Steroids for all our ailments...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

Had one of those bugs but without the flu symptoms,it affected my lungs & throat,coughing constantly,for two weeks I couldn't vape anything & then gradually took a very small draw from a Nautilus every hour,at the end of three weeks when all the medication was finished,I tried my favorite vaping which was lung hits & I coughed my guts up for days,the only liquid I could use was Hawk Sauce from Cloudhouse as it was never a harsh vape. I thought,is this the end of lung hits for me,it was quite worrying as I enjoyed it so much. Lucky enough,I got back to lung hits on the fourth week,the Brother still has that bug after 5 weeks & he has never vaped or smoked,must be one of those foreign bugs,the Doctor didn't know. Just letting you know that the bug is out there & it is airborne,so there is no need to blame vaping if it happens to you....

You certainly were conspicuous by your absence lately alright. I hope your well and the recovery is speedy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

...I was putting it down to all the medication I take,especially the insulin,I cut that down by half as I wasn't eating but that didn't help...

I wouldn't think of insulin as a drug as such as it just replaces or tops up a natural body hormone but the amount you need/use can vary wildly when sick and too much or little will make you very very sick real fast. (I'm a 100% insulin dependant T1)

Lot of bugs this year - had a flu shot but still got the flu and that knocked me for six.

Thanks for the get well wishes Doc & 8mm,I was completely on the mend til yesterday,I frigging tripped on the top step while holding a mug of tea in one hand & a bottle of water in the other & fell on the landing floor hitting my new replacement knee & it's bluddy sore now,I did manage to only lose half the tea:D:D so it's back to limping again for me :D:D:D
    If it ain't one thing it's another :):)

Advertisement