Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triathlon Ireland website down

Options
  • 12-04-2016 8:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Anyone having trouble getting on site.? 404 error keeps coming up

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭splanagan22

Can you access entry for lost sheep?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

wow, luckily, as i completely forgot they were opening this morning!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

"Hi we have a huge surge demand coming, maybe we should spin up more servers?"
    "Nah lets just let it crash......."

• Advertisement

whoever looks after their tech side and quality control needs talking to. i got their survey on friday. started to fill it out. got 80% of the way through it, click next, and realize I've seen the question before, had knocked me back to the second or third question. went through again, got to same point, and same thing happened. messaged them on twitter and not a word back.

same thing when the membership renewal link disappeared from the website over a bank holiday weekend a few months back. easiest way to avoid any issues when you want to be off is remove any chance of there being a problem in the first place i guess. again messaged them and not a word from them.

but funnily enough when any of the top guys send them a message on twitter or the like you see a reply within the hour. guess if you want a reply you need to tell them how great they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

I used the survey also to voice my opinion and its pretty much same as above, slow or no response to queries, results and rankings take weeks to months to be published, no quality control of web content, race entry open times never as advertised, etc etc. What the heck are these people who work full time for TI do other than gladly take our TI subs money. /rant

Issues again #fail

absolute joke. with a weeks delay they still can't get it right. if this was my A race for the season i'd be absolutely fuming

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Jesus, this is annoying. Is there any point in persisting in trying? Or will the site be down for the morning?

• Advertisement

Finally registered. Took 20mins thou. TI must of forgot to tell their hosting provider about the EXPECTED and KNOWN workload AGAIN and to increase resources accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

All's well that ends well. I finally managed register. I haven't done it since 2013, looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

In also. Never done this one before, hope it lives up to its good name.

i gave up and left as had to drop the two little ones to creche and school. waiting outside the school as we were a bit early i saw the replies that ye had gotten in and managed to do it on my phone.
    EC1000 wrote: »
    In also. Never done this one before, hope it lives up to its good name.

done it the last two years, loved it both times, enough that i'm going to do this two weeks after IM Copenhagen. probably cruise around at whatever is in the legs, but have enjoyed it so much in the past i'll do it with whatever is in the tank rather than miss it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭griffin100

viperlogic wrote: »
    Finally registered. Took 20mins thou. TI must of forgot to tell their hosting provider about the EXPECTED and KNOWN workload AGAIN and to increase resources accordingly.

How many people would be trying to log on, it can't be that many surely?

200 spots. sold out in no time last year as well. think 400 in total, but everyone trying to get in on the first wave just in case .still though a ticketing system that can't handle 400 applicants?

far from standing up for TI but could be a business decision, albeit a v poor one. Something along the lines....why pay money to provider to handle higher than normal workload when we still sell all the spots and still get our cut. Yes, people wont be happy but sure it will all be forgotten by next week and we made some money.....

Use their survey to voice your opinion https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TriathlonIRL2016 and hopefully they take it on board

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

viperlogic wrote: »
    far from standing up for TI but could be a business decision, albeit a v poor one. Something along the lines....why pay money to provider to handle higher than normal workload when we still sell all the spots and still get our cut. Yes, people wont be happy but sure it will all be forgotten by next week and we made some money.....

Use their survey to voice your opinion https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TriathlonIRL2016 and hopefully they take it on board

The question really should be why would a race continue to use a substandard operator to sell their race entries. This happened once with HOTW. They "used" the TI system in (I think) 2013. The servers crashed. Complete meltdown. Entries re-opened a week later using a different operator, and they have never gone back to TI. You really cant blame them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

For all the bad press Active.com gets I've never had an issue registering for any event through them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

Everyone in, yeah? Entries reopened tonight.

• Advertisement
Advertisement