Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICB Query re late CC payment

• 12-04-2016 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hello,

Wondering if anyone can help me with this. I was stupidly late paying my credit card in Feb (by 7 days). I didn't realise at the time that the direct debit never came out and paid it as soon as I realised.

It was only 5 Euro and my card has since been cleared. The only thing is I'm applying for a mortgage in the next 3 months and I'm sick with worry that this missed payment will show on the ICB and affect my chances. Im so annoyed at myself! No other debts and been saving regularly the last 5 months.

I read online that sometimes they don't report to the ICB if its paid within 30 days.....does this sound right? Rang BOI and they didn't have a clue. Have also requested ICB report.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭PaulM1977

If this is the genuine reason for the missed payment and you can provide evidence of this with your application, i.e. in your bank statements then the lenders should accept it. This is assuming that everything else in your mortgage application is above board.

PaulM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

I don't think this will show up however just for peace of mind you can apply for a credit report to www.icb.ie. If it is clear it will show a tick for every month's payment due and if it shows there will be a 1 in the box for the month missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

Thanks for the replies! Ive requested a statement from the ICB, just waiting it to arrive. I also spoke with my mortgage advisor who said a once off, even if it shows on the ICB, should not affect my chances given all other aspects are fine. Here's hoping anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Amfyoyo

The ICB are a force onto themselves...
    They claim to be a Library, who publish what their members (Financial Institutions) give them about U, their clients, yet claim they have no responsibility for the accuracy of that information, and rather than NOT PRINT any facts that are in dispute,hold the information anyway, and it's up to YOU to sort it out with the Financial Institution concerned.
    They are not governed by the Central bank, Financial Services ombudsman, or any specific regulator...the only chance U have is with Billy Hawkes, the Data Protection Commissioner, and all he does is say U have to sort it out with the Financial Services Company concerned.

Imagine I have a company called the Irish Gossip Bureau, and all my 'members' are the public,but I'm just a library, so I'll hand out whatever gossip members say about people, irrespective of whether it's right or not....EXACTLY the same Business Model as the ICB, right?

Are U trying to tell me that if one of my 'members' claims that Seamus O'Tigharenaigh, the Managing Director of the ICB, is a pedophile, and I print that, and circulate that among my 'members' that I am both legally free to do so AND i have no responsibility or liability, leaving it up to 2 of them to sort it out....but in the interim , I hold that on O'Tigharenaigh's 'file'...damaging not his Financial, but personal good name, credibility & reputation ?

That is PRECISELY what the ICB are doing,and something a lot of the public are unaware of is that 40% of the population who's mortgages are in arrears to any degree whatsoever, now have a 'bad credit history' and other Financial Services Companies using the ICB 'information' are using that same info to deprive U of credit with a regulated Financial Services Company, meaning U are forced to pay a higher interest rate with a Bank OR use a moneylender.

Having become one of the 7% who have actually won a case against a FS company, mbn^ /avantcu*t,the ICB are STILL refusing to amend my record, or to print my 200 word 'personal statement' which I am entitled to have on my record should I choose to do so (and I do!!!) , until they have the authority from mbn^?avantcu*t to do so...effectively proving they are a Financial Services Company vested interest......

Last kick in the goolies for Customers with a bad credit record?U are expected to PAY €6.50 to the ICB to see a copy of Ur report.....<snip>.

Tubbs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Nice rant: next time you post, leave out the disgusting, hyperbolic and frankly disgraceful comments re: Nazi Germany or don't post again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

Amfyoyo wrote: »
    Deleted
    I'm kinda interested in what you have to say but could you say it again after you take a few deep breaths?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,327 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

eezipc wrote: »
    I'm kinda interested in what you have to say but could you say it again after you take a few deep breaths?
    The poster has a week to take the deep breaths and calm down before they can respond to your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

Finally got the copy of my ICB report and (luckily) the missed Credit card payment doesn't show up. All the months have ticks indicating payment.

Thanks for the replies, just have to keep saving and will hopefully go for the mortgage in August/September :)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Amfyoyo

Fully 'calmed down'......... after my ban...
    I was quite calm at the time of writing the comment...

I also find the comment
    ""It's all fun and games till one of you gets my foot up your ass." 'disgrceful, hyperbolic & frankly disgraceful '
    to quote it's "owner" and displays a double standard...anyone who dares to leave a comment which disagrees with the 'Party Line' threatened with physical violence, and not a squawk from the mod.

Tubbs

Advertisement