Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

growing hedge in gravel driveway ?

Options
  • 12-04-2016 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Myself and my neighbour have gravel driveways that are divided by a timber fence.
    I'm wondering what lengths i'd have to go to plant a hedge (perhaps laurel) along this fence

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭macraignil

Dig down into the gravel near the fence and see how far it is to find soil. If you just reach concrete then it might be very difficult but if you do reach soil simply multiply the effort taken to dig your test hole by the number of plants it takes to give a good covering for a hedge. (About every 2ft. is recommended for most hedging but since the gravel isn't going to be as good at promoting growth as normal soil I would try planting a bit closer).

Advertisement