Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Vehicle Purchase Petrol over Diesel

• 12-04-2016 11:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭

Right the short story ...just so I know what I have said is correct.

GF/Wife/Partner is replacing her Car , Upgrading a 2005 to 2016.

Her Driving has changed since she bought the Original car new in 2005.

Her Daily commute is only 14km (round trip ) = 70km work driving a week and say throw 100km of just doing stuff at the weekend just under 9000km a year.

I have said absolutely no point buying diesel .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Indeed, no real point in buying a diesel at that mileage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,061 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

EV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Joeface

Was giving electric serious consideration , but cost for purchase is just too High.

Renault Zoe looks way better in person than on any web site , but with RRP €17,489.82 we would be at almost 20K before She drove out the door. Battery rental on top would probably equate to petrol cost for her driving anyway

Even looking at the Nissan Leaf the Purchase price is still too high for the bank balance . Maybe in a years time when I change my own car I can consider Electric then .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Why not look at a hybrid like a Prius?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭Bigus

2014 leaf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Are Nissan still doing scrappage on the leaf?

If only doing small mileage, mpg or fuel costs not a big issue. Anything petrol really.

Cheers for the feed back ,

Her decision is made , I just need to confirm I wish thinking on the right path.

If i upgrade in a years time which is the plan and as I live in the second hand car world , an second EV would be my preference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Joeface wrote: »
    Cheers for the feed back ,

Her decision is made , I just need to confirm I wish thinking on the right path.

If i upgrade in a years time which is the plan and as I live in the second hand car world , an second EV would be my preference.

what was the decision?

i believe she is going with one of these

https://www.dacia.ie/vehicles/dacia-range/sandero-stepway.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement