Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile data add-ons are recurring?

Options
  • 12-04-2016 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

Hi, my wife switched her mobile service to Eir as part of our bundle a few months ago. Last month she went over the data allowance and got two texts offering 2Gb and 3GB add-ons. She accepted the add-ons on the understanding that these were once-off extras offered to get her through the rest of the monthly cycle.

At the start of this monthly cycle she got a text to say she was 80% through her data allowance which would be impossible, she has 5GB usually. Now when I go on to the website to view our account I see that she is not currently using any of the 5GB she signed up for but is actually using an extra add-on.

Can you confirm that this is residual data from the last add-on and not a new, recurring add-on that will be added to our bill?
    Also, when we view our account using the iOS app the dashboard giving details of mobile calls and data usage does not work, they are all zero. Can this be fixed?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Cianmcliam wrote: »
    Hi, my wife switched her mobile service to Eir as part of our bundle a few months ago. Last month she went over the data allowance and got two texts offering 2Gb and 3GB add-ons. She accepted the add-ons on the understanding that these were once-off extras offered to get her through the rest of the monthly cycle.

At the start of this monthly cycle she got a text to say she was 80% through her data allowance which would be impossible, she has 5GB usually. Now when I go on to the website to view our account I see that she is not currently using any of the 5GB she signed up for but is actually using an extra add-on.

Can you confirm that this is residual data from the last add-on and not a new, recurring add-on that will be added to our bill?
    Also, when we view our account using the iOS app the dashboard giving details of mobile calls and data usage does not work, they are all zero. Can this be fixed?

Thanks!
    Hi Cianmcliam,

Thanks for getting in touch :)
    This does seem odd, usually you should have your 100% allowance reinstated once the new billing cycle commences.
    I'm more than happy to take a look into this however due to data protection I would need to deal with the account holder directly.
    Are you listed on your wife's account or is it just in her name? Alternatively you can contact out emobile team directly on 1800656565.

-Pamela 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Cianmcliam

Thanks Pamela, the entire bundle is under my name. Will I PM you the account details? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Cianmcliam wrote: »
    Thanks Pamela, the entire bundle is under my name. Will I PM you the account details? Thanks.
    Yes please Cianmcliam :)

-Pamela 

Advertisement