Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Student Paramedic 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Parapara2017

Got my medical date for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Disappear

Best of luck. No bother to you. I'll phone after....trying to organize a day off.......

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Olivia19_93

Awesome ... did u leave it the two days to ring them or did u just ring ahead .? I only posted my forms yesterday. But I know there delivered today .

Awesome ... did u leave it the two days to ring them or did u just ring ahead .? I only posted my forms yesterday. But I know there delivered today .

I posted mine Monday afternoon don't know if they've arrived yet. They didn't seem to have them on hand they just asked if I had sent them on.

Sent off the pre employment questionnaire as well. Wonder what stage (if any) they're gonna ask us for birth cert, quals, ndls letter etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Thekid2010

I posted mine Monday afternoon don't know if they've arrived yet. They didn't seem to have them on hand they just asked if I had sent them on.

Sent off the pre employment questionnaire as well. Wonder what stage (if any) they're gonna ask us for birth cert, quals, ndls letter etc...

I got my hearing test today I had to pay 60Euro to get the report ? Also haven't got the per employment questinnare yet either , they already have our qualifications hardly get asked for that again

• Advertisement

Cool ... hmm I never got that questionnaire either ....

Well when I got vetting email they said I'd have to have to have documents notarised with only 48hrs notice ... I'd imagine it's only my birth certificate for that ....? They seem to spring things fairly quick so I'd have everything ready to go .... gotta get ndls report sorted 2m myself ...

• Registered Users Posts: 39 toger21

where do you get documents notorised... is it solicitor or commissioner for oats?

toger21 wrote: »
    where do you get documents notorised... is it solicitor or commissioner for oats?

Either or but commissioner is free .... solicitors may charge what they like ... :/

Yeah as is mentioned above you need to shop around and question the hearing report fees.

Earlier discussion of pre employment it sounds like the documents were requested with the parts we have already got. Maybe that stage comes after medical...

The questionnaire is just confirming your details haven't changed since you submitted your application as a lot of time can pass between the stages.

Then they picked some jobs from my employment history to give referees for and my boss for my current employment. I got it monday evening after 5 and deadline was 5pm Wed. But you just email it back to them. Only awkwardness could be if your job doesn't know whats happening I guess.

I got the vetting email earlier. Seems to just be a format for the letter they have as I also hadnt submitted any GV things yet.

• Advertisement

I got the vetting email earlier. Seems to just be a format for the letter they have as I also hadnt submitted any GV things yet.

Yeah as far as I can make out you send back the letter and wait for a link by email to go further :)

Yeah as far as I can make out you send back the letter and wait for a link by email to go further :)

Yeah then we should get an email requesting the notorised / verified documents and we have 2 days to send them in :0

Yeah then we should get an email requesting the notorised / verified documents and we have 2 days to send them in :0

Be great to know what they are .? Probably get word Monday morning for Wednesday .... I'd imagine just a birth cert ...

Garda vetting application posted. Pre employment questionnaire emailed. Will ring ndls today for driving statement. Occupational health next week....they're certainly keeping us busy

Disappear wrote: »
    Garda vetting application posted. Pre employment questionnaire emailed. Will ring ndls today for driving statement. Occupational health next week....they're certainly keeping us busy

Couldn't agree more .... its great though to be getting through everything :) makes it kinda real ... all going well and a contract comes through

Couldn't agree more .... its great though to be getting through everything :) makes it kinda real ... all going well and a contract comes through

Yep. Scary real.....

Yep don't think... yeah no I've ever been so excited to have to drive to Tullamore and get jabbed with needles! :P

Ok...occupational health done this am...takes about 45 minutes.....wasn't too bad....more forms to fill in. More questions to answer. Urine sample. Bloods taken. Height and weight and waist measured. Breath flow measured. Pulse and bp. Lovely people. Best of luck everyone...just sent off garda vetting now...Blood results take 3 weeks to come back

Ok...occupational health done this am...takes about 45 minutes.....wasn't too bad....more forms to fill in. More questions to answer. Urine sample. Bloods taken. Height and weight and waist measured. Breath flow measured. Pulse and bp. Lovely people. Best of luck everyone...just sent off garda vetting now...Blood results take 3 weeks to come back

Auh sweet sounds fairly standard so :) they love the auld forms for filling in !! :D

What exactly are they checking bloods for does anybody know? I have proof of vaccines etc

• Advertisement

Thekid2010 wrote: »
    What exactly are they checking bloods for does anybody know? I have proof of vaccines etc

Well if you can provide proof of all vaccines needed maybe you don't have to get blood test. I know seeing as I cannot prove my hep b immunity I have to have a blood test, even though I got the vaccine in college.

All the standard medical stuff, bloods to check for any diseases and vaccines etc urine test, and fitness to work stuff.

I think they have to tell you what they are testing for exactly, from what I can it's specifically testing around the heps,

Just got back from mine, theres an issue with my medical history so I have to go back down next week to see a GP / another doctor there.

Got a tetanus shot, Hep B 1/3 and bloods taken. They didn't say what exactly they tested my urine for but its just a dipstick test and came back clear.

They said bloods were for any infectious diseases that you could pass on Hep B C etc

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kamiljkamil

Best of luck to all doing aptitude tests tomorrow morning. Give it your all 😄

Everyone get the email with all the forma and referee contact notification and templates?

All back in by the 5th not bad.

Everyone get the email with all the forma and referee contact notification and templates?

All back in by the 5th not bad.

Yup I did ..... more time than I expected considering one email said they would need notarised docs with only 48 hrs notice ! :D

Final documents all sent off!

They may come back to me though.. I don't think the solicitor didn't fill out the stat declaration form properly.

Also not sure if they want front and back of C1 licence probably should have done back as well just in case.

Guess we just wait for bloods (and my extra medical) now then like 2 months for contracts :P

I guess this is the boring stage where you're just waiting without having anything else to do.

Haven't sent anything off yet....working late....hopefully contracts in four weeks or so...after blood results and garda vetting...I'll send off things on Monday.....

Yup got everything notarised yesterday and ready to go for Monday ... I've my medical Tuesday then the wait for blood results for hep b shots, if needed or not and hopefully a contract ...

Is everyone still waiting to hear back from vetting .? Like I sent back the form online last Saturday and when I track the application it just says waiting to be viewed by HSE ..?

• Advertisement

They got back to me because I emailed everything in but they want the original NDLS letter posted out to them incase anyone else is also gonna email it.

Did you get the link to complete the vetting online? You get a link to fill out an online form and then thats all.

They got back to me because I emailed everything in but they want the original NDLS letter posted out to them incase anyone else is also gonna email it.

Did you get the link to complete the vetting online? You get a link to fill out an online form and then thats all.

Yup did that and the one we posted in. So 2 forms in total ... guess that's it so :)

Yup did that and the one we posted in. So 2 forms in total ... guess that's it so :)

Yeah thats all. I just did it recently for another organisation and that was it. I think i got two confirmation emails throughout the process that they had sent it back to the hse and then the hse had sent it back to them and it was approved or something similar.

Yeah thats all. I just did it recently for another organisation and that was it. I think i got two confirmation emails throughout the process that they had sent it back to the hse and then the hse had sent it back to them and it was approved or something similar.

Awesome cheers :)

Still waiting on ndls . They said they would email me it.....hopefully today.....

Still waiting on ndls . They said they would email me it.....hopefully today.....

You need the paper copy they won't accept the email version or printed email

• Advertisement

You need the paper copy they won't accept the email version or printed email

NDLS told me that the e-mail version is the exact same as what they would post me. Just to print it myself....hope that's the case......

NDLS told me that the e-mail version is the exact same as what they would post me. Just to print it myself....hope that's the case......

Thats weird... There is a disclaimer on the NDLS website saying that the digital version may not be acceptable for official things like this...

They require the actual letter to get into the tests and same for this as far as I know, I scanned my original letter and they wouldn't accept it had to post it alone as I sent all the other docs through email.

Wouldn't stress too much about it though, call up NDLS Monday morning and it then you *should* get it by Wednesday and can have it down in Manorhamilton by the end of the week.

On the checklist if you tick something as not enclosed I think there is a space for you to explain why it isnt.

Thanks Para....but if I print the letter and post the hardcopy....I did explain that I needed the original and they said to just print it and it will be the same as their original..

We shall wait and see

Thanks Para....but if I print the letter and post the hardcopy....I did explain that I needed the original and they said to just print it and it will be the same as their original..

We shall wait and see

It will be interesting to see what they say!

They're not very clear sometimes, they say you can email everything back but no mention of not being able to email ndls letter.

And as others from previous campaigns have said, they would have just done the eye and hearing tests in Tullamore at the medical if you didn't have them - but having them obviously streamlines the whole thing.

I wonder will they let us know everything is sorted re. Docs and references. I know two of my refs have sent theirs off. And my boss went on holidays so don't know if the telephone reference was obtained.

Everything notarised this am. My peace commissioner just signed everything. Couldn't remember their number....hope that's ok......and my driver statement still hasn't arrived.....Will post off what I have for now....can't wait for all this part to be over

• Advertisement

Everything notarised this am. My peace commissioner just signed everything. Couldn't remember their number....hope that's ok......and my driver statement still hasn't arrived.....Will post off what I have for now....can't wait for all this part to be over

I'd ring up the pre employment guys and ask about the driver statement, if the email isnt acceptable you can get it sorted through the post fairly quickly and to give them a heads up that you're waiting om the letter from NDLS. Rather than waiting more and then finding out its not accepted.

I think thats me all done (Hopefully). Was back in Tullamore this am and while I was there the doctor said they didn't test my eyes last time I was there (because I had the report and eye test already done and they had it)

So went back in and they gave me the same colour test book I had for my eye test and that was that. They didn't understand why the doc was making them do it again when it is in the report, neither did I but oh well.

They said thats it. Just waiting for bloods to come back. Said they wouldn't be back in touch with us again and wished me luck on the course! :) Got the email from Garda Vetting that my application from the HSE has been accepted by them.

Just went through vetting for another thing last week, took them about 3-4 days to have the vetting completed from being accepted by the vetting team.

Heres hoping for some contracts soon :D

Where is everyone for Tallaght in September coming from?

Have my medical at 10 tomorrow morning, final bunch of documents sent this morning. Hoping all goes well tomorrow and it'll be just a waiting game for the the blood test results and the contracts :)

Yeah got the email back from the vetting too.

I'm coming from Galway myself, how about yourself ?

I'm a Louth man .......Yep para. I'll give them a ring.......nice to see contracts. Won't be real until then

Good luck at the medical....Don't forget your photo id

thanks a million :) yup have it left out ready to go !!

Don't forget cash for the tolls and parking as well :P when I first went down I parked in the hospital car park next door on site parking is limited but I didn't realise the hospital car park only took coins so had to walk into tullamore town to get cash out.

I'm from Dublin so I'm happy out!

Kinda weird sitting in occ health looking around at your potential future classmates.

Don't forget cash for the tolls and parking as well :P when I first went down I parked in the hospital car park next door on site parking is limited but I didn't realise the hospital car park only took coins so had to walk into tullamore town to get cash out.

I'm from Dublin so I'm happy out!

Kinda weird sitting in occ health looking around at your potential future classmates.

Auh man that was a bummer :P thanks for the heads up, appreciate it !
    That's handy for you, no accommodation to be sorting.
    It's definitely starting to feel somewhat surreal. Yes it'll be fierce weird alright.

Oh for tomorrow did ye go in like gym gear / tracksuits ... it does say to wear comfy clothes .?

Auh man that was a bummer :P thanks for the heads up, appreciate it !
    That's handy for you, no accommodation to be sorting.
    It's definitely starting to feel somewhat surreal. Yes it'll be fierce weird alright.

Oh for tomorrow did ye go in like gym gear / tracksuits ... it does say to wear comfy clothes .?

Yep. Tracksuit bottoms and top. I just parked in their own car park....free and cheeky......

I parked on site today... But only just about and my car is tiny it was very busy today! Came out blocked in by a few cars and two ambulances!

Yeah just comfy clothes. You won't be taking them off just your shoes and jumper (for injections).

Its really not a big deal. Paperwork, pee in a cup, more paperwork, answer some questions, get measured, injections and blood taken, Vo2 max tests (just breath into a tube thing a few times) and that should be it.

I've seen a pretty broad range of people in terms of age. Saw a few girls and guys at my medical who looked around about my age (early 20s) and saw some older (30s) guys and girls there as well doing the para medicals.

Awesome thanks a million for the info guys :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement