Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Honda CBF1000

• 12-04-2016 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Anyone have one of these and how do you find them. Also anything to look out for with these bikes? The reviews seem good and they are reasonably well priced. Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Roadskill

hondavfr wrote: »
    Anyone have one of these and how do you find them. Also anything to look out for with these bikes? The reviews seem good and they are reasonably well priced. Any advice appreciated.

I bought one new in 2007. Had it for about 2 years as sn instructor bike with no issues apart from build quality. Built in spain so chrome not as good as it used to be but a great grunty engine. Detuned fireblade lump with loads of low down power. Comfy bike handles ok but a bit soft. A lot of bike for the money they are fetching.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭hondavfr

Thanks Roadskill, I will hopefully take one for a spin soon bu ya they seem alot of bike for the money and I don't plan on spending big money this time around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

A friend of mine had one - I thought it a lovely bike. Nice & nimble and lovely engine. Small too, in a good way. Seem good value to me.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Always liked them good solid old muscle with bullet proof engine, can get some very clean ones and they age well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Do they have the crap reg/rec units like most Honda's ?
    If they do then an upgrade would sort that potential issue out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭buzzard

I have the GT version and am very happy with it. I would disagree about the build quality but I suppose every bike needs tender lovely care. The best part is the engine, lots of power and grunt.

You can't go wrong with one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

buzzard wrote: »
    I have the GT version and am very happy with it. I would disagree about the build quality but I suppose every bike needs tender lovely care. The best part is the engine, lots of power and grunt.

Beautiful machine really is, best colour too IMHO.

There is always one in Castlebellingham same colour but its an 09 and I swear its showroom condition. Really sweet bike......

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭hondavfr

Thanks for the advice lads. Thats an immaculate GT that Buzzard has and something like that would suit me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Roadskill

buzzard wrote: »

The build quality issue is my experience with the cbf. I bought a new one in 2007 and the forks and handlebars went rusty within a year. They did replace them eventually but I sold shortly after. Cracking bike in every other department and for the money secondhand hard to beat.
    Yours looks well though Buzzard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭buzzard

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Beautiful machine really is, best colour too IMHO.

There is always one in Castlebellingham same colour but its an 09 and I swear its showroom condition. Really sweet bike......

Cheers guys....

Could be me as I fill up at the garage on the Dundalk side of town.........mine is a 09.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭multiscan

Roadskill wrote: »
    Built in spain so chrome not as good as it used to be .....
    don't have much chrome on my Spanish cbr and generally rust free but deffo tank wasn't prepared correctly before painting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

multiscan wrote: »
    don't have much chrome on my Spanish cbr and generally rust free but deffo tank wasn't prepared correctly before painting

We have Spanish built NT700 's as Blood Bikes and the rust is the issue we have with them too.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Any bikes built outside Japan tend not to be as well finished as the Japanese made stuff.
    Yamaha's Italian built stuff also suffer the same problems with Chrome plating.
    Maybe its to do with EU laws on plating? I am not sure but I do know that if you look at a late 80's to 90's Honda they are some of the best finished bikes ever made in a factory.

Advertisement