Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pay to watch the wire online

• 12-04-2016 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I made the mature decision the other day that I'm at the stage of my life where I will actually pay to watch stuff online, only to find that I feckin can't! ! I have no dvd player, just a tablet and my phone, and I'm here with my debit card at the ready to pay to watch the wire. . Except for anything that offers it isn't available in Ireland? Any way to buy this in Ireland without changing my IP address? Cheers :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭AndersLimpar

There is a great app called Justwatch which tells you where you can legally find every movie and series available to buy and stream online in Ireland. Unfortunately at the moment The Wire isn't currently available to stream in Ireland.

You can buy all the seasons of it on Google Play or the Apple App store if you have a UK based ip. Or you can stream it from Amazon if you have a US based ip. Which is nonsense. And only encourages piracy to be honest

The film and tv industry really need to go down a similar route to the way the music industry eventually went and make pretty much everything available everywhere and charge a competitive price for it. I doubt most people would have much of an issue paying for stuff once they could watch it whenever and wherever they liked.

Sorry I can't be of more help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jdelis

Unfortunately the TV series options are too limited in Ireland. Especially when two main channels (Itunes and Google) don't offer the TV products. Except Netflix I can only find series in Wuaki and Xbox live, which are limited, buy only and quite expensive in my opinion. And of course Sky Go and MyPrime from VM.

I hope this situation improves in the future, with more streaming services available and the existing ones extend their offers to TV series.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

It's a HBO series, so that means exclusive to Sky Digital customers in this market. Unfortunately it's not on Sky On Demand at present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Looks like Amazon has it streaming:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Target/dp/B00FZLDXIK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1460485734&sr=8-1&keywords=the+wire

All of it on Blu-ray for 60 pound:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wire-Complete-Season-Blu-ray-Region/dp/B00TFANQYS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1460485734&sr=8-4&keywords=the+wire

All of it on DVD for 50 pound:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wire-Complete-HBO-Season-1-5/dp/B001BBHG1S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1460485734&sr=8-2&keywords=the+wire

I had it all on DVD. Then I lent it to someone, haven't a clue where it is now. Hopefully someones watching it.

If ya do get the DVDs, rewatch all of it with the commentaries, they're great! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Aisling2013

Thanks so much everyone! So in short.. No I can't watch it unless I steal it, or pretend it's 2002 and buy a DVD player 😂 ridiculous!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I know this is not of much help, but if you were able to access a DVD player, it appears that some local libraries have the boxed sets. I've only checked Dublin city and Fingal. Not sure where you're based.

Advertisement