Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC Working Holiday Visa help

Options
  • 12-04-2016 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

Hi I got my visa in October 2014 and I activated it in 2015 and successfully got my visa stamp and working permit. I then left Canada after 10 days as I had work commitments to complete and I am looking to head back out to Canada on may 1st. Has anyone done this I am just a bit worried over it now. I cancelled my original travel insurance but I will be buying a new 2 years for my visa to cover the rest of my time there (around 1 and half years) and I will have proof of funds. Has anyone had any issue with doing this? It Doesn't state I couldn't leave but I just would like to know.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

Fiddlex wrote: »
    Hi I got my visa in October 2014 and I activated it in 2015 and successfully got my visa stamp and working permit. I then left Canada after 10 days as I had work commitments to complete and I am looking to head back out to Canada on may 1st. Has anyone done this I am just a bit worried over it now. I cancelled my original travel insurance but I will be buying a new 2 years for my visa to cover the rest of my time there (around 1 and half years) and I will have proof of funds. Has anyone had any issue with doing this? It Doesn't state I couldn't leave but I just would like to know.

Thanks

I left and returned to Canada many many times during my IEC visa. I wasn't even asked for proof of funds or insurance. If you have the funds and some form of insurance cover then you should be fine.

AFAIK it's actually the insurance that prevents you from leaving more than once usually!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

Kev you're a star! thanks for the quick reply, I assumed that the only issue would be that I have to pay again for insurance as they didn't even look at my policy or even funds when I activated my Visa the first time. Thanks for letting me know really appreciate it!

Advertisement