Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre - how soon

Options
  • 12-04-2016 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I live beyond Patrickswell in Limerick. How soon will fibre be rolled out in my location. I see a lue line on the coverage map passing my house.
    Thanks 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

I live beyond Patrickswell in Limerick. How soon will fibre be rolled out in my location. I see a lue line on the coverage map passing my house.
    Thanks 
    Hi kidcharlamane,

Thanks for getting in touch. The blue line is the fibre to the home (FTTH) service.
    Have you checked your line/ address here? https://www.eir.ie/eirfibreinfo/map/

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kidcharlamane

Hi Pamela,

I have checked the number and it says available within the next 12 months. I believe the cabinet that would be serving me is  PWL1_001 (Fibre build commenced - Completion work in progress) and I believe the ducting is mostly underground. Can you give a more accurate estimate?

Thanks

Hi Pamela,

I have checked the number and it says available within the next 12 months. I believe the cabinet that would be serving me is  PWL1_001 (Fibre build commenced - Completion work in progress) and I believe the ducting is mostly underground. Can you give a more accurate estimate?

Thanks
    I'm afraid this would be the most up to date information we have on this at the minute kidcharlamane,

-Pamela 

Hi Pamela,

I see that new pole are being added down our road so I guess it not too far away. There is an existing pole on the road outside our house, and the eircom connection is fed underground to the house. Its been that way since we built the house 10 years ago.

I was wondering if the fibre will go all the way to the house and if so can I ensure there are no overhead cables added? or does it feed only to the pole with copper underground to the house?

Thanks,

Hi Pamela,

I see that new pole are being added down our road so I guess it not too far away. There is an existing pole on the road outside our house, and the eircom connection is fed underground to the house. Its been that way since we built the house 10 years ago.

I was wondering if the fibre will go all the way to the house and if so can I ensure there are no overhead cables added? or does it feed only to the pole with copper underground to the house?

Thanks,
    No problem kidcharlamane,

No overhead cables would be needed to install the efibre service. The copper cable is ran from the exchange to the cabinet and then fibre optic cable from the cabinet to your home (you will need to be within 2km's to avail of this usually).

-Pamela 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hi Pamela,

Thanks,
    If they're putting up many new poles its likely FTTH works (blue line, not the same as the cab network). They'll snake a new drop from the pole up your driveway in the duct and in beside the phone socket. 

Hi Pamela,

Can you advise if there is any update here.

School has restarted and kids will need broadband for school work etc.

I often work from home so it is a requirement for me  also.

The  PWL1_001 cabinet still says  (Fibre build commenced - Completion work in progress)

Can you advise what is holding this up and do I need to begin looking at alternatives such as a wireless provider?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Hi Pamela,

The  PWL1_001 cabinet still says  (Fibre build commenced - Completion work in progress)

Can you advise what is holding this up and do I need to begin looking at alternatives such as a wireless provider?

Thanks
    Hi kidcharlamane, 

Thank you for getting in touch :)

Unfortunately, we would have no update on this as we are not provided with this information from here. 

I would recommend you register your details online and as soon as it becomes available you will be notified. 

I am very sorry we are unable to offer you some better news today. 

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

eir: Ciara wrote: »
    Hi Pamela,

Thanks
    Hi kidcharlamane, 

Unfortunately, we would have no update on this as we are not provided with this information from here. 

I would recommend you register your details online and as soon as it becomes available you will be notified. 

Kind Regards,
    Ciara
    Hi Ciara,

Thanks for the reply, and I realize you only have the information that's available to you, but its unacceptable that I cannot get a deadline for my account to switch to high speed broadband. Without that I do not know if I should wait or switch to a wireless provider.

The idea of registering my details, which I have done in the past, does not help me in making this decision either.

Where do you think I might be able to find out this information (you say you are not provided with it, but perhaps there is a more local resource here that can?)

Do I need to speak to my local Eircom engineering team?

Thanks

Hi Pamela,

Thanks
    Hi kidcharlamane, 

Kind Regards,
    Ciara
    Hi Ciara,

Thanks for the reply, and I realize you only have the information that's available to you, but its unacceptable that I cannot get a deadline for my account to switch to high speed broadband. Without that I do not know if I should wait or switch to a wireless provider.

The idea of registering my details, which I have done in the past, does not help me in making this decision either.

Where do you think I might be able to find out this information (you say you are not provided with it, but perhaps there is a more local resource here that can?)

Thanks
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I can understand your frustration completely [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]kidcharlamane[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif], the dates we provide online are estimated and I'm afraid we would be unable to guarantee a date as the time taken to upgrade the line to efibre will vary depending on the level of work involved and whether consents from road and planning authorities and private landowners are necessary.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]A new deployment plan was released today the estimated timeframe for services to be available from this cabinet is 3-6 months. I hope this helps.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Advertisement

Hi Pamela,

Thanks
    Hi kidcharlamane, 

Kind Regards,
    Ciara
    Hi Ciara,

Thanks
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I can understand your frustration completely [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]kidcharlamane[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif], the dates we provide online are estimated and I'm afraid we would be unable to guarantee a date as the time taken to upgrade the line to efibre will vary depending on the level of work involved and whether consents from road and planning authorities and private landowners are necessary.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]A new deployment plan was released today the estimated timeframe for services to be available from this cabinet is 3-6 months. I hope this helps.[/font]

Hi, is there any further update here?

Hi Pamela,

Thanks
    Hi kidcharlamane, 

Kind Regards,
    Ciara
    Hi Ciara,

Thanks

Hi, is there any further update here?
    The timeframe on this cabinet is still 3-6 months I'm afraid  kidcharlamane.

-Pamela 

Advertisement