Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snagging

Options
  • 12-04-2016 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

If anyone has a recommendation for a snagger in West Dublin / Kildare area, could you PM me the details?
    Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

What is a snagger?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭pobber1

Someone you pay to create a snag list for a new property you are buying.
    Quite common on the UK, never heard of it here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭farrerg

Given we are one of the last houses to get in, and there are no more phases, and we want to be thorough as the builders will be off site completely pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭pobber1

Makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Arklow10

Any thorough architect can do this task. You could probably do 85% yourselves and worth doing anyway. Just be very methodical, go room by room.
    Try and follow a sequence (skirtings, doors, windows, walls, ceilings, wiring,plumbing, painting,) etc.
    Lots of such templates on the internet.

Best not take possession of the property no matter how much you wish to until all snags are signed off as completed.
    The builder's best guys and his contractors may already be on a different site and will not wish to come back to snags. Builder may well use a handyman to complete all remaining snags- this may not be as well completed as a craftsman would do- there may well be snags of the snags!
    You have very significant leverage if you have not taken possession and not paid out the balance.

The builder's profit is in the last few houses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭size5

Whoever is doing it make sure they check the attic, cause thats where its real easy to hide things like unconnected vents-dont forget the ladder

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭audi5

Please PM if you have any recommendations for snagging a new build in Dublin area.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭The Ging and I

A good surveyor who is prepared to climb into attic would be the way to go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

A good surveyor who is prepared to climb into attic would be the way to go.

A surveyor who wont go into the attic is not a surveyor! I have heard they exist but they are a pure waste of time.
    I have lost count of the number of extract fans not vented to the outside when I have inspected houses. Also insulation not fitted correctly. Storage tanks leaking etc.etc

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭The Ging and I

tradesman wrote: »
    A surveyor who wont go into the attic is not a surveyor!
    Agreed but they are out there. When I sold a house 23 years ago towards the end of the paper exercise my solicitor gave over a Cert of elimination and guarantee that wood worm were exterminated in attic.
    This was the first the buyers bank had heard of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement