Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heuston to leopardstown

• 12-04-2016 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

hi. I'm travelling to dublin tomorrow and I need to get from Heuston to leopardstow racecourse. does anyone know the best way to get there?. I looked online and luas into abbey street. then walk to Stephens green. then luas to leopardstown. Just wondering is there a quicker option? can't afford a taxi.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

If you are willing to walk about 15 to 20 minutes then get the 145 bus outside Heuston. Get off at Whites Cross on the N11 and walk down Leopardstown Road to the racecourse..

About 1 mile right into the racecourse proper from the bus stop.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You could get the 145 and walk, but it would take much longer.

If you have a LEAP card, LUAS to Abbey St, 15 from Marlborough Street to Grantham Street. Walk around to Harcourt St LUAS and get it to the Sandyford stop. It's about a 20 minute walk from there, or if there is racing on they will have a shuttle bus.

There is a daily cap on the LEAP card, so it won't cost you more than ten euro, even if you do a return trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,531 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Get the 145 bus outside Heuston, stay on the bus until after you pass RTE, then get off at any bus stop up to and including the one at the Stillorgan Park Hotel, the stop at the Radisson (two stops after the Montrose) is probably best as you can see the buses coming towards you and it's not as busy as the stop at the Montrose. From there get a 47 bus and get off at Central Park where you'll see a large office block on the left with a Vodafone logo, it's soon after the bus passes under the Luas (Carrickmines extension) bridge. Walk back in the direction the bus came, staying on the right side of the road, down the hill, straight through the junction and the entrance to the racecourse is on the right just after the junction, there's several big signs at the entrance which looks like this .....

https://goo.gl/maps/oj3P2ehdoeK2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,077 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Given the poor frequency of the 47 I would be very reluctant to tell someone to leave a 145 for it unless they knew it was coming.

It operates only every 75 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Carraig77

hi

thanks for all the replies. its the SSE building I'm heading for. I think I'll take 145 and then walk up from the n11. tks for all the help. id no idea there was a bus option so it was a great help. many thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,531 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Carraig77 wrote: »
    ... I think I'll take 145 and then walk up from the n11. tks for all the help. id no idea there was a bus option so it was a great help. many thanks.

That would be the right choice, given the good weather today. As LXFlyer said, the 47 isn't frequent enough for you to switch off a regular service like the 145 though if you had a smartphone and the Dublin Bus app, you'd be able to see if there was one on the way and if there was one less than 10 minutes behind you, it would be worth switching at the Montrose or the Radisson and then you'd have a shorter walk to the racecourse.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

shortest walk at the leopardstown end would be from the luas, but i suppose it depends on which end you want the walk at.

Advertisement