Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows Store only in $

• 12-04-2016 3:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭

Anyone else having trouble with windows store?

I bought GoW a couple weeks ago which was a trial in itself. I had to pay in £'s because I couldn't get it to show €.

Then when I tried to get KI season 3 the store showed things only in $'s and says I have no payment methods attached to my account even though I'm properly signed in.

Plus I can only get the games to work on my work PC because at home it tells me I need to update windows before I'm allowed to download apps. Even though after checking I am completely up to date.

So now if I want to get Quantum Break I'd have to buy it from my xbone. But only my home PC is powerful enough to run the game and MS won't let me download it at home.

I swear, this thing is worse than GFWL ever was.

Anyone else having problems like this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I hate saying this as I pay for all my games now but pirate it and teach them a lesson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Skerries wrote: »
    I hate saying this as I pay for all my games now but pirate it and teach them a lesson

Not much use if its an online title though surely?

Isn't KI an online fighting game?

@OP - your account seems to be a bit muddled as to where it is, were you buying games off different storefronts?

I know my mate got Tomb Raider dirt cheap from Ukraine store or something, but ended up buying the legal Steam one as no v-sync on Windows store one!

Fear not though, I think if you sign into your MS account online and search for an account migration tool... I know its on Xbox site so sign in before visiting the page...

Be aware though I think you can only use this once every six months AFAIK...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Your work IP could be a US one or something is identifying your location wrong (sometimes IP address ranges get moved to different countries but the geoip database does not get updated so the website you are connecting to has the wrong info). Try this from work:

https://geoiptool.com/

Browsers share location data too so maybe try a different one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Work IP is Irish, I know that for sure.

It's strange. When I go to manage my MS account, everything is present and correct. It's just the store app itself that's wrong.

And at home, the store app is correct in €. But it thinks windows isn't updated. So annoying.

I can't understand why MS are even trying this in the first place. They'll never be able to challenge STEAM.

Advertisement