Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnancy Bargains Alert Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

If anyone is looking for maternity bras, Debanams have a set on sale. 2 for €12.60.. The are in the blue cross sale section there is a grey and a grey leopard print one, and I must say they are quite comfy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Mothercare had a sale on today, lots of stuff half price :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Tommee tippee perfect prep midnight blue machine €79.99 in mothercare sale.
    I bought the white one in argos for 99.99 during week but will be returning it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Avent Classic & Tommee Tippee Starter kits are now 1/2 price at Dunnes
    26165588_963603903804400_7492884936924563470_n.jpg?oh=4dec5d630f2e350894598ec2d43896ae&oe=5AB2749C

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭amor3

xpletiv wrote: »
    Avent Classic & Tommee Tippee Starter kits are now 1/2 price at Dunnes
    26165588_963603903804400_7492884936924563470_n.jpg?oh=4dec5d630f2e350894598ec2d43896ae&oe=5AB2749C

Any idea how much the sterlizer is?? Tia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

FYI they are around the same price on Amazon and you get a baby box if you spend over £20 also if you spend over €200 you get 10% off.

£14.99 for the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Microwave Steam Steriliser, White

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Got the manual breast pump for €17.49 in Dunnes Tallaght. No sterilisers in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Jillapino

amor3 wrote: »
    Any idea how much the sterlizer is?? Tia.

We got an Advent steriliser in Bella baby dundrum for €19, think tommee tippee one was around €29 in there

irishguy wrote: »
    FYI they are around the same price on Amazon and you get a baby box if you spend over £20 also if you spend over €200 you get 10% off.

£14.99 for the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Microwave Steam Steriliser, White

Thanks for that.. have been eyeing up a pram/buggy that I might purchase soon.

• Advertisement

Has anyone spotted good deals on the Ergo 360 carriers! back in knackered already and tis only 3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Milly33 wrote: »
    Has anyone spotted good deals on the Ergo 360 carriers! back in knackered already and tis only 3 weeks

I haven’t milly, but if you’re on Facebook there’s a bsot page for baby carriers? They have a iso thread each month. Are you set on the 360?

thank yo jlm29... I shall take a looksie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Mam 3 x 160ml anti colic bottles are €9.99 in Dunnes at the minute.

Lidl baby special offers on the 15th
    Aldi baby special offers on the 18th

thank you, the wedge pillow in Lidl looks like a bargain I wonder what the food processor is like

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Crybabygeeks

Anyone here have experience of lidl or aldi products? The baby chair , muslins, sheets etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Anyone here have experience of lidl or aldi products? The baby chair , muslins, sheets etc?

We got lots of the muslins and found them great. Also used the cellular blankets.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Have the wooden baby chair from a few years ago. I preferred a padded one when starting out as he didn’t have the support needed in this. However once he got a bit bigger I changed over and I love it. Can have him sitting up eating off the table with us. Also loved the muslins. I got some in a few different shops and they were my favourite. They went nice and soft when washed. Others went hard.

With the high chair I’d suggest being early. I went to one ALDI at 10 to be told they were gone as people had been queuing outside. Went to another one and got the last one. Though it may depend where you are. My Mam and sister are down the country and there were loads left in theirs!

Edit to say I’m talking about aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

The sleeping bags are really good and great value compared to other ones. I bought a few in the current size and next size last time! I think this time they’re 2.5tog so just bear in mind if buying sizes that you probably wouldn’t use them that heavy in summer. I used sleeping bags from about 2 months on.

The contactless thermometer is brilliant , and a great bargain. Theyre around 60 in Boots I think and 13 in Aldi. Use mine all the time and so easy compared to the ear ones.

• Advertisement

Looking for feedback on the cotbed please guys. Does anyone know if it has a drop side rail? It doesn't say on the description and the video didn't demonstrate one either!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

I've bought in both offers before and found them all to be really good. We have the Hauck wooden high chair from Aldi (50 Euro plus a cushion from Amazon £24), which we've used from as soon as she could sit and we started feeding her solids. It came with a harness which we used to stabilise her as well as a table front. We now use the table part with a middle divider for the legs, as she doesn't need the harness anymore. When she's too big to fit in the chair with the table on, we'll probably take it off and attach the harness again for stability. It looks a lot like the very expensive Stokke chair, but it's a little more work to move the table attachment and seat heights around as you've to adjust all the connections to loosen and tighten. However, I'm ok to do that to save a few hundred Euro.

We got the Hauck black buggy too. It's not particularly great, as it only folds over flat rather than lengthways and we couldn't use it for plane travel as easy as a loaned pushchair that folded lengthways, but it was only 34 Euro. I use it the odd time when I don't have the boot space for our chunky travel system, so it does well as a spare.

The muslins were fantastic, they're soft and a decent size. I do have friends that didn't like them as they found them too thin for pukey babies. I actually liked  that they were thin and soft though.
    Got a load of organic cotton clothes in different sizes in the Lidl baby event. They're a little more premium than the Aldi stuff, however, Aldi was great for stocking up on babygros and vests at much cheaper prices.

I doubt it has a drop rail- I don’t think any cots do anymore!

jlm29 wrote: »
    I doubt it has a drop rail- I don’t think any cots do anymore!

Really! I'm so out of the loop... last cot I bought was 2010 and was used for 2 babies.. mad how regulations change so quick! Thanks for that. Looks like it might be a good buy so!

Really hoping they are good stuff tomorrow and enough stock, we have our 2nd scan tomorrow morning so we'll be going straight after to buy a bunch of stuff!

xpletiv wrote: »
    Really hoping they are good stuff tomorrow and enough stock, we have our 2nd scan tomorrow morning so we'll be going straight after to buy a bunch of stuff!

From what I've heard it's a bit of a nightmare. I'm going down just before 9 when it opens and hoping to get the cot. All the best with your scan tomorrow :-)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

We got a cot with a drop rail in eurobaby.It was one of my criteria, and I was happy to spend the 200eur on it.It's on baby no.2 and I am on pregnancy no.3 and I am ever so thankful for it!!!Ikea mattresses fit it, so just replace the mattress each time!

We have two hauck chairs-we use a big padded chair to start them off and then transfer them over to the chair when they are bigger.They are brilliant.You can get padded infant inserts for then on Amazon.I actually find them really good for the slightly older ages 2/3/ etc when they want to be at the table with you but can't reach comfortably to eat their food.I'd absolutely recommend them.

Someone else told me you can no longer get dropside cots, but that’s obviously incorrect! I just googled it and mothercare do one, the Darlington

I got the cot bed in Aldi this morning!! It says in the description, "and 1 opening slot for access" have no idea what it is or where it is!

• Advertisement

We got to Aldi on Long Mile at 9.06am and it was already packed, and they were down to 2 cotbeds left by 9.15! We got one though. Actually spent a small fortune but got so much; changing mats, sheets, mattress, sleeping bags, the thermometer.... actually very happy with it all. Some seriously great deals!

As for the scan, went great.... its a boy!!

Advertisement