Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnancy Bargains Alert Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

Tescos have a great deal on Tommee Tippee bottles at the moment just picked up some. 10.99 for three big bottles and 10 for 2 packs of teeths..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

Aldi baby and toddler event on tomorrow!

Has anyone purchased the kids beds from Aldi like they have in the event tom. Any good

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

Anyone know if they are doing free tickets to the rds baby fair? Got some with sma website last time. 30 for a couple to go in is steep enough.

Do you get anything for the 30 entry fee? Seems mad alright for a gadget show or is it more than that.. Planning on going to the Baby Fair in Galway in Sept 5 entry for early bird cant go wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭tobdom

Milly33 wrote: »
    Tescos have a great deal on Tommee Tippee bottles at the moment just picked up some. 10.99 for three big bottles and 10 for 2 packs of teeths..

Amazon/online shopping not for everyone, but we recently got these on Amazon, 6 x the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Big Bottles (260 ml).

They're actually even slightly cheaper now than when we got them a couple of weeks ago, 6 for £12!! (about €13.50)

thank you that is very good. I always well me and amazon did not get on, but a few recent orders have all gone great. Might pick up a pack of these. thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Ssshhh1234

Anyone know if they are doing free tickets to the rds baby fair? Got some with sma website last time. 30 for a couple to go in is steep enough.

https://www.universe.com/events/pregnancy-baby-fair-tickets-C8YD9X if you go on here and enter PB50 in discount code box you will get half price.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Meem

Enter code PB100 on the pregnancy and baby website at checkout and you’ll get 100% discount :)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

PB100 not a valid code - unfortunately!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Hi there
    Stork Nursey in Wexford town is closing down
    They have details on their Facebook and Insta pages
    I enquired about an Icandy Peach - they have 2.
    One brand new in the box is €820
    Display model is €750

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kelly1012

Hi all! We are away this weekend and missing the RDS baby fair unfortunately. Does anyone know of any good discounts at the fair? Possibly then the stores will be able to give the discount over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

There was €25 off one of the buggys we were considering and some good deals on bottles from flyer below. Huge tomee tipee stand but didnt get to look as it was jammed. It was very busy 12-2.30ish

• Registered Users Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Cheer FoodC bought 7

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Sprites

[mod - removed spam link]

I EBF for 6 months and combined fed up to 12 months. Breastfeeding is not cheap, breast pads, lanolin cream (very expensive),lactation consultant, nursing bras and clothes and a breast pump if you're pumping. Yes, absolutely best for mam and baby but it does come with it's own costs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Sprites wrote: »
    I EBF for 6 months and combined fed up to 12 months. Breastfeeding is not cheap, breast pads, lanolin cream (very expensive),lactation consultant, nursing bras and clothes and a breast pump if you're pumping. Yes, absolutely best for mam and baby but it does come with it's own costs

Yes i tend to agree. I breastfed both kids and most likely will the third but it is not cheap at all. The initial outlay is quite high ... tongue tie clinic, lactation consultant, osteo appointments, bf bras and clothes, many remedies for sore boobs in the early days, breast pads, pumps, bm collection bags, The list goes on and on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Considering the username, the website they are promoting and their post count I would assume this is just spam.

bee06 wrote: »
    Considering the username, the website they are promoting and their post count I would assume this is just spam.

Yes I did get that, just wanted to set the record straight on it for anyone not informed on the costs of breastfeeding

• Registered Users Posts: 42 FoodC

I posted it here because it is my opinion about breastfeeding :)
    I am a supporter of breastfeeding for various reasons, including health for the child and mother

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

FoodC wrote: »
    I posted it here because it is my opinion about breastfeeding :)
    I am a supporter of breastfeeding for various reasons, including health for the child and mother

Then you should share in the Breastfeeding thread. Otherwise it just looks like spam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

I'm all for breastfeeding but it's not the place in the bargains alert thread.

18pk Waterwipes for €35 in Dunnes Stores at the moment for anyone looking to stock up in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

18pk Waterwipes for €35 in Dunnes Stores at the moment for anyone looking to stock up in advance

Wonder if shop and save vouchers can be used with that...I think so but would love to know if anyone has tried that?

jellybear wrote: »
    Wonder if shop and save vouchers can be used with that...I think so but would love to know if anyone has tried that?

Never had an issue using vouchers when buying them before, I'd say you're good to go

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Never had an issue using vouchers when buying them before, I'd say you're good to go

Yipee!!:D Thanks a million. I've loads of vouchers so trying to stock up on things we'll definitely need. I know they have an 'expiry date' so will have to double check that.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

Yep, you can definitely use them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

jellybear wrote: »

Do you mean the €10 off when you spend €50? I’ve used them in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Yellowmac

Hi hope this post doesn't break the forum rules but just wanted to share a word of caution about ordering from The Baby Room UK. We ordered a bedside crib but hadn't received it after 9 weeks (10 day delivery had been promised). I got generic vague copy and paste replies any time I emailed. After 9 weeks waiting I asked for a refund which they advised would take place in 3-9 working days but they never refunded me. I'm now going via my bank to try to reclaim the money as we never received the goods. Hopefully will be able to get it back but it's a stress I didn't really need at 32 weeks pregnant. Unfortunately I've now found out from online review sites that many others have had similar experiences and are pursuing legal action etc. This seems to be the way they operate as the other stories were identical to mine. Wish I had done my research beforehand and feel so stupid for falling for this when I would normally consider myself a savvy person, but they promote really competitive prices online and with so much stuff to buy I saw it as a chance to cut costs. Just wanted to give people a heads up to avoid as they are not reliable and it's more hassle than the discount is worth. Apologies if this type of post is not allowed.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Just a heads up, Dunnes are doing deals this week on baby items, nappies, wipes, cleaning products etc.

Advertisement