Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Brother UK 2016 [** Mod Warning in Post 1 **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭QueenOfWexico

^ spoiler?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Shadow1983 wrote:
    Rylan's going into the house tomorrow night!

They always seem to do that, they have the hms outside in the garden with earpieces controlling what they can hear, while rylan presents in the house with guests and audience.

Can't believe it's over in less than two days, it feels like it should be longer. It never used to be this short, it would start in may/June and go right through as late as September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

deco nate wrote: »
    He has said from the start that he wants to be part of the final night, in the heat of the moment a throwaway remark was said. I believe with him it's about validation. Maybe even brought on more by his relationship with 31.that he is not such a bad person, and being there on the last night, to him will mean more than some HM's(or his friends, family. he did say he was on his own from a very young age) saying it to him..... .. ..
    IMO

If it means so much to him (he as never watched an episode?), then I don't understand why he keeps trying to leave?
    I just don't get him, I have heard the other housemates say that and I understand why. I think BB are actually making a mockery out of him and wish he'd tell them to stick it. I don't understand can he respect the process and let himself be manipulated into staying and keeps changing his mind. Why does he need validation from a reality show he has never seen, especially when it's being cruel to him and he doesn't appear to even like it or want to stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

So apparently Christopher Biggins is going into the CBB house and will be the highest paid celeb ever. Fascinating! Not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Happy it's nearly over tbh, I've watched too much to stop now but it's hard to watch.

Not because the others landed back tonight, didn't really bother me, just fed up watching Jason attempting to leave - you'd nearly think he's a plant - and it's gotten pretty boring

• Advertisement

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Happy it's nearly over tbh, I've watched too much to stop now but it's hard to watch.

Not because the others landed back tonight, didn't really bother me, just fed up watching Jason attempting to leave - you'd nearly think he's a plant - and it's gotten pretty boring

It's the worst ever series imo, I dislike them all besides Hughie. Roll on CBB!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    It's the worst ever series imo, I dislike them all besides Hughie. Roll on CBB!

I honestly can't see the appeal with him. He's kinda loveable but he's so rude to people like Andy who's a gentle creature. He's aggressive and camera hogging. I can't handle ignorance like his at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Well thought i was watching the hunger games there.. What happened to the housemates all coming together at the end and understanding eachother..

I don't get Jason though, that was horrible what happened him but i can't help feeling he is a plant and he's under contract to finish the show and its about more than the 20k. Did anyone else jump when he kicked the door.....

Ryan was a pain in the bum, i don't think there will be any relationship on the outside with hughie though.. Hughie looked mortified.

Hope spoilers are true, i like Evelyn..

Anyway roll on Thursday for cbb.

batistuta9 wrote: »

I begining to think that too. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Well thought i was watching the hunger games there.. What happened to the housemates all coming together at the end and understanding eachother..

I don't get Jason though, that was horrible what happened him but i can't help feeling he is a plant and he's under contract to finish the show and its about more than the 20k. Did anyone else jump when he kicked the door.....

Ryan was a pain in the bum, i don't think there will be any relationship on the outside with hughie though.. Hughie looked mortified.

Hope spoilers are true, i like Evelyn..

Anyway roll on Thursday for cbb.
    I begining to think that too. :eek:

I wouldn't be surprised tbh. I'm a big Jason fan but I don't get him anymore. I'm sure he has mentioned it, I can't remember, but what was his reason for "auditioning" for BB, a show he has never watched?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Kolido wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised tbh. I'm a big Jason fan but I don't get him anymore. I'm sure he has mentioned it, I can't remember, but what was his reason for "auditioning" for BB, a show he has never watched?

I'm pretty sure he once said something along the lines of 'I want to show everyone who I really am'

Why he needed to go on big brother to do that....

LizT wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure he once said something along the lines of 'I want to show everyone who I really am'

Why he needed to go on big brother to do that....

And we are to believe he didn't know Charlie was going in there? Kept going on about her in his VT and on the show, then she turns up.
    It's just too much of a stretch. It's really hard to understand why he doesn't walk calmly out the fire escape like the first twin or Evelyn.

He keeps turning into the hulk, adamant he is leaving and is miraculously persuaded to stay by BB telling him something he already knows :confused:

BB: please stay, you might make final night Jason and you know how amazing that is from previous series
    Jason: 'I've never watched an episode'
    BB: 'but think of the validation of the crowd'
    Jason: 'ok let me back in, thanks BB'

I don't think an intelligent business man like Jason would let himself be played that way if he wasn't in on it from the start...for the approval of some reality tv he never watches?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

Jason is a paranoid wreck,understandably he felt under attack. The fact that he brought 'witnesses' into the diary room with him indicate his levels of paranoia.
    He could have just walked out the fire escape but he would lose the 20K and not have a chance to clear his name.

I think he wanted to leave but first wanted it shown that he disagreed with his portrayal/ being targeted by BB.

When it got to the point that he was physically breaking things he should have been removed to the others house.
    He said himself he was going to snap in the wrong way.
    If he started upending tables or whatever he could have hurt himself or one of the other housemates.

Big Brother should have intervened when Charlie laid into him. They could have reminded her that she was here to speak about Jayne and not to address other housemates.
    They possibly needed to show some of it to give context to why Jason kicked off but they could have given a summary like they did for other cases.

The fact that they didn't shows that the producers were quite happy to have Jason humiliated and verbally abused for the sake of dramatic tv

Ryan is an annoying turd but to be fair he addressed the charge of gameplaying and didn't lie or misrepresent things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I am really hoping that it is the two mentioned upthread that go tonight because
    I want to see Rylan asking Sam about his mushroom hair. And Rylan trying to decipher Alex's mutterings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

All these spoilers are very tempting. I must resist. I must stay strong. I must resist. I must stay strong. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

I don't really mind spoilers myself about the show except the non live evictions that have been happening. for shows like game of thrones and walking dead I would understand the outrage at spoilers but BB? not the same IMO.

the more I think of charlies rant last night, and ryans too, the more I feel they were brought into a room by producers and told what to say like Jeremy kyle, it felt a bit scripted, Charlie wasn't even there to talk to anyone but Jayne. but maybe she just wanted to have a go at Jason herself.

sam and evelyn went last night im guessing. alex would be a bit of a shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭QueenOfWexico

Robsweezie wrote: »
    alex would be a bit of a shock.

I don't think him going would be a shock, going by the polls and feedback from the public on Twitter most people agree he's bland, boring, doesn't bring much to the house. People are also disappointed with him mocking Evelyn to Jackson the night

I agree re Alex.

There are a lot of people on Digital Spy very disillusioned by him, especially after last night, having Evelyn apologise to him, and not making an effort to say something coherent to comfort her. And of course the sniggering about her with Jackson.

I also think he should have said something when Georgina was digging into her. Even something like 'take it easy'. Anything. Just not sitting there like a statue.

One poster on DS said about him 'a gentle breeze has brought more to BB than Alex'. I agree!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

I just watched last night's episode there.

I think Jason does still love Charlie but he just knows they can't get on. When she first walked in, he had this huge smile and the shock on his face was so expressive when she got hostile. I felt really sorry for him.

I can only assume that Alex is not attracted to Evelyn which is probably hard to believe because she's so beautiful. He has made absolutely no effort with her whatsoever and he knows it. Not sure if it was mentioned here already but on the day that he was voted "most boring" or something, he said in the diary room something like (not correct quote) "should I just go with someone who I wouldn't in real life to be less boring" but that night he got into bed with her!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

LynnGrace wrote: »
    having Evelyn apologise to him.

I know, right? I couldn't believe it last night, she was apologising to him! "I'm sorry I allowed myself to be lead up the garden path by you"
    I also think he should have said something when Georgina was digging into her. Even something like 'take it easy'. Anything. Just not sitting there like a statue.

Yeah anytime it's mentioned to Evelyn in front of Alex that he's not interested/is using her/is 'mugging her off' (as the kids say) he doesn't say anything to disagree!

Obviously he's not going to jump up and passionately declare his undying like for using her as a human body pillow but he could say something. In fact, even if he didn't want to say something because it might help Evelyn feel better, you'd think he'd want to protest the image that the accusations create. Is he such a wet blanket that he can't be bothered to stand up for himself against insinuations - or outright accusations- that he's using her? If a number of people were accusing me of leading someone on I'd be livid and I'd be setting the record straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Olishi4 wrote: »
    I just watched last night's episode there.

I think Jason does still love Charlie but he just knows they can't get on. When she first walked in, he had this huge smile and the shock on his face was so expressive when she got hostile. I felt really sorry for him.

I can only assume that Alex is not attracted to Evelyn which is probably hard to believe because she's so beautiful. He has made absolutely no effort with her whatsoever and he knows it. Not sure if it was mentioned here already but on the day that he was voted "most boring" or something, he said in the diary room something like (not correct quote) "should I just go with someone who I wouldn't in real life to be less boring" but that night he got into bed with her!
    I also noticed that jason did seem genuinely pleased to see Charlie. He is not a vengeful person. I still am amazed that the filthy dirty language and uncalled for abuse she directed at him was not censored by bb. I hope when he leaves through house as one of the top 3 winners he never has anything to do with her again. In my opinion he has more class in his little finger than she does in her whole body. That's in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

I also noticed that jason did seem genuinely pleased to see Charlie. He is not a vengeful person. I still am amazed that the filthy dirty language and uncalled for abuse she directed at him was not censored by bb. I hope when he leaves through house as one of the top 3 winners he never has anything to do with her again. In my opinion he has more class in his little finger than she does in her whole body. That's in my opinion

Honestly, though it was awful and uncalled for, I'd say she has a lot of people in her ear too.

She seems angry that he nominated her too but when he nominated her, I thought he was very genuine and it really did look very hard for him.

I know, right? I couldn't believe it last night, she was apologising to him! "I'm sorry I allowed myself to be lead up the garden path by you"

Yeah anytime it's mentioned to Evelyn in front of Alex that he's not interested/is using her/is 'mugging her off' (as the kids say) he doesn't say anything to disagree!

Obviously he's not going to jump up and passionately declare his undying like for using her as a human body pillow but he could say something. In fact, even if he didn't want to say something because it might help Evelyn feel better, you'd think he'd want to protest the image that the accusations create. Is he such a wet blanket that he can't be bothered to stand up for himself against insinuations - or outright accusations- that he's using her? If a number of people were accusing me of leading someone on I'd be livid and I'd be setting the record straight.

Exactly! Say something, for fecks sake, don't sit there like a stewed prune!
    (I saw that description of him on Digital Spy) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Exactly! Say something, for fecks sake, don't sit there like a stewed prune!
    (I saw that description of him on Digital Spy) :D

Have to agree.. I took a gander over on digital spy, my God they're vicious over there aren't they. Us lot are paragons of virtue compared to them.

Just watching back and that conversation between Hughie, Evelyn and Sam about 'Nepolia' is hysterical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

Every one of the housemates is self-serving, narcissistic, in it for the money and to present a media friendly version of themselves.

Several of them have been a severe let down..they got in under false pretenses - talking up feuds,making themselves out to be bolshy straight talkers then fading into the background once in the house.

I think in the case of Jason and also Evelyn the producers seem to be taking revenge by targeting them for ridicule.

Georgina was horrible to Evelyn during the BB Corp task and again capitalised on being the bearer of bad news in the BB court task.

There were far kinder ways she could have said you're coming across as too keen but she took the opportunity to put the boot in whilst simultaneously saying how great she is not having to 'graft' Jackson.
    She's been out of the house for 3 weeks and only privy to the same footage as the rest of us.

Aside from a few drunken occasions I see no evidence of Evelyn 'grafting' Alex. I also see no evidence that he's into her but I think Evelyn would have reached that conclusion herself.
    She seemed to be spending more time with Hughie and Sam the last while.

They're almost all equally unlikable at this point
    I hope whoever wins takes the money and disappears

Have to agree.. I took a gander over on digital spy, my God they're vicious over there aren't they. Us lot are paragons of virtue compared to them.

Can be vicious, definitely, but some funny stuff too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Laneyh wrote: »
    Every one of the housemates is self-serving, narcissistic, in it for the money and to present a media friendly version of themselves.

Several of them have been a severe let down..they got in under false pretenses - talking up feuds,making themselves out to be bolshy straight talkers then fading into the background once in the house.

I think in the case of Jason and also Evelyn the producers seem to be taking revenge by targeting them for ridicule.

Georgina was horrible to Evelyn during the BB Corp task and again capitalised on being the bearer of bad news in the BB court task.

There were far kinder ways she could have said you're coming across as too keen but she took the opportunity to put the boot in whilst simultaneously saying how great she is not having to 'graft' Jackson.
    She's been out of the house for 3 weeks and only privy to the same footage as the rest of us.

Aside from a few drunken occasions I see no evidence of Evelyn 'grafting' Alex. I also see no evidence that he's into her but I think Evelyn would have reached that conclusion herself.
    She seemed to be spending more time with Hughie and Sam the last while.

They're almost all equally unlikable at this point
    I hope whoever wins takes the money and disappears
    Well hubert won't be disappearing any time soon as rte with larry bass are in talks about doing a reality show about him and his family.

Advertisement