Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Brother UK 2016 [** Mod Warning in Post 1 **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

Jackson can be got for around 20/1 and up to 40/1 - so might be worth a punt for those that believe he will win.
    Andy around 3/1 which is better than he was, Jason similar.

Hughie shortest so really not worth a small punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong he is good and funny at times but why should a person who can't listen to any reasonable argument and must always get the last word and thinks they are always right win.

Remove Ryan's BJ and his anger issues what is there?

Hubert, trouble riser, liary arse b*tch, trouble making b*tch and grade A two faced liary TWAT*! :D

*might have got the last one a bit wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Betting.
    Hughie drift continues, still fav but out to Evens in places, his biggest price in a few weeks.
    Jason and Andy neck and neck around 5/2.
    Betting market has turned the lights out on the other three.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

Evelyn doesn't have enough social media presence to build momentum at this late stage, ditto Jayne.

I'm hoping Jackson doesn't have enough support, I would assume Georgina is the only ex-housemate canvassing for votes for him.

I predict Hughie,Jason,Andy as the final 3 with either Hughie or Jason winning

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

Don't get me wrong he is good and funny at times but why should a person who can't listen to any reasonable argument and must always get the last word and thinks they are always right win.

Remove Ryan's BJ and his anger issues what is there?

The Official FB has saw a major drop in support for him over the last 2-3 weeks.

I think his 'anger issues' are incredibly exaggerated. I think he is warm, funny, genuine, honest, loyal and sure a little emotional and frustrated at times, but always willing to make up and get over it and put it in the past (more than any of the others!).
    For me he has been the most entertaining, fun, lovable and down to earth and I have really warmed to him and haven't wanted anyone else to win from the start. Would be absolutely delighted if he won.
    He would be one of my favourite winners ever in fact! :D

I like Jayne as well. Would love if she came second but it's not going to happen :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

The majority of the housemates seem to like Hughie despite his outbursts
    The only one to harbour ill feeling towards him seems to be Andy.

That probably has as much to do with camera time as anything else.

I'm sure it's not nice to get the hairdryer treatment but there is no malice behind it.

Despite his protestations to the contrary I think Andy is very aware of the game and whilst he will stick up for his friends he won't do so to the point of putting himself at risk.

Anyway, there's only a few hours left now thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,728 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Come on Hughie #COYBIGHIBB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I don't mind if Hughie wins, but hate the thought of Ryan weaselling his way into the limelight if he does. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

locallock wrote: »
    I think the most deserving to win would be Andy! Such a intelligent guy.

I don't understand why people keep saying he's really intelligent. Compared to some of the others in the house, yes, but he seems pretty normal to me. His humour is quite dry and he can be awful patronising but that doesn't necessarily mean he is super intelligent. Not saying he isn't just that I haven't seen anything to suggest that he is :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭stuar

I remember Hughie's da bating lumps out of him about 5-6 years ago coz he wanted to give up boxing and join ballet, serious.

"Ye fucking queer bastard" was the words I remember....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

stuar wrote: »
    I remember Hughie's da bating lumps out of him about 5-6 years ago coz he wanted to give up boxing and join ballet, serious.

I think you have to write "in my opinion " otherwise you will get a warning like I did

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

If i was in the BB house and came out to see what is going on in Europe and what has happened around the world while I was in the house, I would nearly rather stay in the BB house because the reality of the world is truly horrific these days.
    The violence is now on our doorsteps. It would make those BB rows seem nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Tasden wrote: »
    I don't understand why people keep saying he's really intelligent. Compared to some of the others in the house, yes, but he seems pretty normal to me. His humour is quite dry and he can be awful patronising but that doesn't necessarily mean he is super intelligent. Not saying he isn't just that I haven't seen anything to suggest that he is :o

Jayne complained about conversations about hair tongs. She became good friends with Andy, because if you are in that house I think you would want a depth of knowledge to make conversation and to pass time.

I would be highly frustrated if I was in a house where the height of intelligence was believing Ireland is a part of the UK which Laura thought even though she is from England, Evelyn could be excused a little due to being Australian.

I think you have to write "in my opinion " otherwise you will get a warning like I did

I am not sure you have the correct context for 'in my opinion'. You just don't slap it at the end of every post to avoid a ban. That poster was quoting what someone else had said. That wasn't the posters opinion, he/she was quoting something Hughies dad said years ago.

Hughies Dad was very critical of his son sexuality years ago, but has since changed his view and supports him and loves him regardless and hopes he becomes a role model for gay travellers.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/hughie-maughans-father-says-hes-finally-comes-to-terms-with-big-brother-stars-sexuality-34799218.html

• Registered Users Posts: 86,728 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I don't mind if Hughie wins, but hate the thought of Ryan weaselling his way into the limelight if he does. :(

Hughie should kick him to the kerb, he can do better

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Only just caught up with Sunday's episode and last night's.
    Jesus, Sunday's one was harsh.

Charlie was so unnecesarily horrible towards Jason. It made it worse that he smiled genuinely when he saw her.
    I know he's not innocent either but Jesus the vitriol pouring from Charlie was disgraceful.

I thought being bitter because your ex doesn't want you was something teens did.

I also thought it was mean of Georgina to tell Evelyn that Alex wasn't into her. I'm not a huge fan of Evelyn's but I could see how hurt she was.

I hate how Andy's suddenly trying to be all "cool" and witty lately; he wasn't like this weeks ago!
    I would like Hughie to win but I have a feeling it'll be tight between him and Andy.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Jayne complained about conversations about hair tongs. She became good friends with Andy, because if you are in that house I think you would want a depth of knowledge to make conversation and to pass time.

I would be highly frustrated if I was in a house where the height of intelligence was believing Ireland is a part of the UK which Laura thought even though she is from England, Evelyn could be excused a little due to being Australian.

But thats my point. That doesn't prove he is intelligent at all. It proves the rest are idiots. I can understand housemates thinking he is super intelligent but not viewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,079 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

LynnGrace wrote: »

I remember at the start of the show, Sam claimed that Ryan had tried to copy him by recreateing his personality and style. ... I wonder will he do the same with Hughie....... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭bobbyss

I am not sure you have the correct context for 'in my opinion'. You just don't slap it at the end of every post to avoid a ban. That poster was quoting what someone else had said. That wasn't the posters opinion, he/she was quoting something Hughies dad said years ago.

Hughies Dad was very critical of his son sexuality years ago, but has since changed his view and supports him and loves him regardless and hopes he becomes a role model for gay travellers.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/hughie-maughans-father-says-hes-finally-comes-to-terms-with-big-brother-stars-sexuality-34799218.html

That's good to hear that his father has had a change of opinion. Hughie's troubles are only about to begin as he faces life as a well known gay traveller who might have a lot of money coming his way soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

stuar wrote: »

Sorry stuar. Ignore my post. I got it wrong once again. Apologies. It's just it's awful when you get the warnings.

• Advertisement

fussyonion wrote: »
    I would like Hughie to win but I have a feeling it'll be tight between him and Andy.

I think Andy and Jason are splitting the vote somewhat (As in Andy fans would just as easily vote for Jason and vice versa), e.g if they were top three with Hughie and Jason went, lines reopened for the final two then Andy would get a lot of Jasons votes rather than Hughie and it might be tight then.

I hope Hughie walks it though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭QueenOfWexico

Going for a job interview now and instead of prepping myself on the bus I've been watching BB videos on YouTube.. Wish me luck :D:D

bobbyss wrote: »
    That's good to hear that his father has had a change of opinion. Hughie's troubles are only about to begin as he faces life as a well known gay traveller who might have a lot of money coming his way soon.

The traveller community seem to be rallying round and supporting Hughie rom what I can see on youtube videos by well known travellers (Paddy Doherty mcdonaghs etc.) and posting on youtube. In fact momentum seems to be gathering

I think he has and is doing a lot for perception of gay people by travellers by being true to himself and open and hopefully winning BB!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭batistuta9

They could also be a reason why he's so short in the betting

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭stuar

The traveller community seem to be rallying round and supporting Hughie rom what I can see on youtube videos by well known travellers (Paddy Doherty mcdonaghs etc.) and posting on youtube. In fact momentum seems to be gathering

I think he has and is doing a lot for perception of gay people by travellers by being true to himself and open and hopefully winning BB!

I was actually surprised by the link you posted, I haven't seen Hughie Snr in a few years and my knowledge of travellers was that they would crucify Hughie for being gay, I know a lot of them, but I suppose they have to come to terms with reality, it took me years to accept the truth about gay people, I was homophobic through my 20's, took me a long time to realise it's just the way some people are made.

I'm not into BB, but my gf and kids watch it so I sometimes end up sitting and watching.

It took me a week or so after it started to cop Hughie was Hughie, I only saw him once or twice when I was at his home a few years ago, he was only a kid.

I hope Hughie wins and builds bridges with his father, Hughie Snr is a good man, never drank/smoked, runs marathons for charity, actually used to school me about my drinking habits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

TV booked from 9pm onwards. Tick
    Kids severely warned not to annoy Mammy tonight. Tick
    Goodies bought. Tick
    Wine in freezer cooling. Tick

Bring on the BB final

C'mon the Hugh Dog!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I hope Hughie wins, he's the only one I even remotely like, he's a good laugh at times. I couldn't care less about the rest. Have fun folks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

TV booked from 9pm onwards. Tick
    Kids severely warned not to annoy Mammy tonight. Tick
    Goodies bought. Tick
    Wine in freezer cooling. Tick

Bring on the BB final

C'mon the Hugh Dog!!

Dancing shoes at the ready, :D I'm going to dance around the room if Jackson doesn't win.
    Other than that, I genuinely don't mind who does.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

No matter who wins tonight , ok , clarify that with no matter who wins,( anyone bar Jackson :D ) have a great night and enjoy!! This has always been the best part of BB, the arguments, laughs,b*tchiness, boos, but it's a brilliant thread and ye're all a great bunch of posters to pass the nights away with ,so thanks everyone,been great knowing ye sob sob:D:D

Roll on CBB ,everyone going to defect over to that thread ??:)

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    No matter who wins tonight , ok , clarify that with no matter who wins,( anyone bar Jackson :D ) have a great night and enjoy!! This has always been the best part of BB, the arguments, laughs,b*tchiness, boos, but it's a brilliant thread and ye're all a great bunch of posters to pass the nights away with ,so thanks everyone,been great knowing ye sob sob:D:D

Roll on CBB ,everyone going to defect over to that thread ??:)

So glad we've such little waiting around to do before the next one!

Advertisement