Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City (2) v PSG (2) k/o 7.45pm UCL QF's

• 12-04-2016 7:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭

City with the slight advantage going into tonights game and hoping to rreach their first UCL semi final.

Citys starting XI

Hart
    Sagna, Otamendi, Mangala, Clichy
    Fernando, Fernandinho
    Navas, Silva, De Bruyne
    Aguero

PSGs starting XI

Trapp
    Aurier, Silva, Marquinhos, Van der Wiel
    Maxwell, Motta, Rabiot
    Di Maria, Ibrahimovic, Cavani

Expecting this to be a great game, PSG to win 2-1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Goals goals goals surely, Thiago Silva is the only defender on the pitch 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Gotta fancy City with the lack of proper defenders for PSG tonight. I just can't see how they are going to stop City from scoring at least three tonight with that team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Should be an exciting match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

3-2 City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

If Blanc does not out 'tactify' Pelegrini then I can't really rate him all that highly, still has a lot to prove in the management game.

• Advertisement

GreNoLi wrote: »
    If Blanc does not out 'tactify' Pelegrini then I can't really rate him all that highly, still has a lot to prove in the management game.
    I think you are underrating Pellegrini there, been a top manager for a long time now.

I wouldn't rate Blanc that highly personally and one game isn't going to change my mind regardless of the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

I know they don't like the Champions League, but why?

Pellegrini has been a top manager for years and I like him but nowadays he's been found wanting more often than not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I'm a United fan and hope City batter PSG. I ****ing hate them and their egotistical manager and players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

McManaman not impressed with the home fans. Just spent a minute slating them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

PSG purring at the moment, moving the ball about very slickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

McManaman not impressed with the home fans. Just spent a minute slating them.
    The day I give a flying fcuk what that *beep* sayswill be a cold day in hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Midfield is so congested here. Very cagey game. Looks like City are hoping to sit back and frustrate PSG and hit them on the break. I know they are not the ones chasing the tie but a bit dangerous to let them have so much of the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Navas has been a major letdown for City since signing thankfully

Rabiot and motta are way too casual on the ball, always likely to lose it in stupid positions. Veratti is massive loss.

And aurier is brain dead.

GreNoLi wrote: »
    Pellegrini has been a top manager for years and I like him but nowadays he's been found wanting more often than not.
    What standard are you applying here? In the Champion's league they have been beaten both years in the knockout stages by Barcelona. If you get beat by one of the elite three(Barca, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich) in Europe I think you've done quite well in the competition.

He won the league title the first year he was there.

Aurier you ****ing dope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Clear pen and yellow card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Jesus that's a poor pen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Woah, big miss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Bottler.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Woah,didn't expect that.

OMG Aguero, pathetic from psg in the first place, there for the taking.

What was Aguero doing there, actually he looked a bit like the deer in the headlights before he took it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Keeper lucky to stay on the pitch but awful penalty

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Worst penalty I've seen in a while.

****... That wasn't even close... A foot wide. Madness that could have been the tie right there. Defo a penalty, like to see it again though as regards the card. First impressions was red all day long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Christ terrible penalty from Kun, Trapp never should have gone the ball was going away from goal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

That was one of the worst penalties I have seen well ever. Not as bad as that one from Arsenal

PSG think they are a lot better than they are, trying to play everything from the back and constantly losing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Aguer-d'oh!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

He should have been sent off anyway psg poxed not to be down to 10 and a goal down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

That was one of the worst penalties I have seen well ever. Not as bas as that one from Arsenal

Really, I have seen a lot worse.

Charlie Adam, league cup final springs to mind.

2wrmdcl.gif

astonaidan wrote: »
    Christ terrible penalty from Kun, Trapp never should have gone the ball was going away from goal

Agree.

Even straight through on goal a penalty an red card is harsh for a genuine attemp to win the ball I think.

• Advertisement

Sly, nasty one from Cavani there.

Strumms wrote: »
    ****... That wasn't even close... A foot wide. Madness that could have been the tie right there. Defo a penalty, like to see it again though as regards the card. First impressions was red all day long.

Say it was yellow as there appeared to be players around and he could be a bit of an angle but ya I thought red

murpho999 wrote: »

Or Liverpool's penalties against us at Wembley. A dreadful set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Wouldn't be surprised to see Aguero go off with an embarrassment injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Was waiting for this ffs

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »

2wrmdcl.gif

Reason why I said 1 of the worst. Did not see adams but heard it was bad. Those penalties where they go stuttering up are horrible looks cheeky when come off but pathetic when not

Edit: Had not seen your video when I commeted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Masala

Good to see Fernando putting last week behind him. Bossing midfield and doing well

Ref not letting the game flow enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Bad few minutes for Aguero. Missed penalty and now off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Think yellow was right call. Aguero was on his way down with a slip anyway. 100% penalty, dunno why keeper went with his legs.

Drexel wrote: »
    Agree.

Even straight through on goal a penalty an red card is harsh for a genuine attemp to win the ball I think.

Harsh or not it's still a straight red as the rules go.. I'm a United fan so no horse in this race but if Trapp hadn't taken him down he would have scored and certainly had a clear opportunity to do so at worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,639 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Drexel wrote: »
    Agree.

i dont think intent comes into it . a foul that prevents a clear goal scoring opportunity is a red card , i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Why didn't he hit it first time

Harsh or not it's still a straight red as the rules go.. I'm a United fan so no horse in this race but if Trapp hadn't taken him down he would have scored and certainly had a clear opportunity to do so at worst.

I think the ref gave yellow as he was heading wide and there was psg players coming round the back to cover. Fair enough I think.

In saying that I expected him to produce a red

Agreed. Kun would have buried that if he hadn't been brought down. Should have been a red card.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement