Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

250g Coffee + Hario V60 Coffee Maker + 8Oz KeepCup - ~€9 delivered (including PM)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Not amazing value?
    In fairness now......
    If you bought the equivalent to that bag of coffee in any of the gourmet coffee shops in Dublin, you'd pay between €8 and €12.

For €9 you get the coffee, the Hario and the Mug.
    And lest there was any remaining doubt about the amazingness.....there's some kind of fridge magnet (or something) thrown it too.

Of course 95p would have been better but....

Completely agree, just in comparison to the £0.95.
    The coffee on its own would be worth the price so everything else is a bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭barry181091

Did this too and has changed from .95 to something else (It's not on my statement yet.)

What I don't like is that it gave us a total of .95 and we put in our credit card details. They should not be able to just change the order like that, without first contacting the customer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

My order price changed too with no warning, but i'm happy enough as i wont feel as guilty now when i cancel the subscription :)

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Got the email; Welcome, welcome, welcome, yada yada yada we've sent your coffee.

Charged £3.95 + PM - no problem with that but it did say £0.95 at checkout.

Interested to see what the coffee is like. Will be cancelling my account if they continue not to deliver to Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

When I mailed them to ask about shipping to Ireland, they said don't currently but are looking into it:
    Unfortunately, we can only deliver to UK addresses at the moment. If we do start to deliver internationally we’ll be sure to let you know. It is in the pipeline and we'll be looking in to integrating it later in the year. As we are still a small, upcoming company we're trying to build a firm customer base before expanding. We also need to look in to ways in shipping the coffee abroad, but still managing to keep it fresh!

On another note, I checked the order I made last night when it was displayed at £0.95, it is now £6.95. Still not sure what I will be charged on my credit card, but it has been shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

Yeah also been charged the same. Just took a screenshot last night of the order for 0.95 or whatever it was so I'm wondering legally can they change prices without notice? It's a fiver so no biggie but still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

Also got charged 4.98. Happy enough. That keep cup is nearly 15euro in 3fe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I got notification of shipment but there's no indication of price on e-mail and it does simply mention "Commuter Kit, Coffee, Handbook and Magnet"... so I'm hoping "Commuter Kit" is the V60 and KeepCup specifically.

As mentioned, no indication of price paid in e-mail, or in order history.

Not too impressed with that to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

Dard23 wrote: »
    Yeah also been charged the same. Just took a screenshot last night of the order for 0.95 or whatever it was so I'm wondering legally can they change prices without notice? It's a fiver so no biggie but still.

I don't know about the legalities of it all but I think the 95p only appeared after we clicked on the order confirmation so if you wanted to get all legal about it, it could be argued that we accepted the higher price in the first place.

It's a bit like going in to a shop and buying something at the regular price and then noticing afterwards that there was a mistake on the receipt.

Also, let's be honest, we all knew that 95p was a misprice anyway.

Still, I suppose best practice would be to at least acknowledge that there was some glitch on their site.

• Advertisement

Ah I'm sure Commuter kit will include what it said. Sure whatelse can it be. Thanks again Basq.

mad m wrote: »
    Ah I'm sure Commuter kit will include what it said. Sure whatelse can it be. Thanks again Basq.
    Yeah, I've popped them an e-mail just to clarify but let's face it... we've done OK at that price:

Untitled.png

Just a heads-up... have got confirmation from Ashley over at PactCoffee that the "Commuter Kit" is indeed the Hario V60 and KeepCup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭Legion2008

I just received a call from Pact welcoming me and asking had I received my coffee yet (shipped yesterday). Had to explain that I'm waiting for the Parcel Redirect to arrive and asked her about shipping to ROI ... she said she'd look into it.

Quite impressed with their customer service, she was looking for feedback to check everything arrived and whether I was satisfied with my delivery. Shows that they are proactive and will value customer feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

MIne is being shipped today.

Just a note for thoses who put a 30 day pause , take it off for now as it delays shipping.

I complained about being charged more than the .95GBP and they are refunding the 3 pounds over charged. Happy Days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I'll happily pay the 3.95

I queried the charge and got £3.95 credit to my account which I may never use again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

I complained about being charged more than the .95GBP and they are refunding the 3 pounds over charged. Happy Days!

Jaysus.... :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

For a few extra Euro, I'll happily support some young entrepreneurs who are just looking to make a few bob. Even at £3.95 they must be making a loss overall.

Got a photo from Parcel Motel of my package, should be in my locker by tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Mine in PM too, that was quick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I got on about the .95 turning into 3.95 and they said I had gotten the 3 quid off as their coffee is normally 6.95. They said the commuter kit is worth over 20 pound anyway.

They then got back with another mail to say that a "scam site" had been distributing the XMASBEANS promo code and they have since shut it down.

Very inconsistent but I don't mind as its still a good bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

I queried the charge and got £3.95 credit to my account which I may never use again!

I'll happily take it if you dont :)

Mine has hit PM. Can't fault service. Still a bargain for a fiver in my eyes.

I'll happily take it if you dont :)

I said "May never" not "won't ever" . ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Sitting in my parcel motel at the moment. Too late to head and get now. Will get tomorrow.

You should collect it tonight and make yourself a coffee! Then you can lie awake all night and decide whether you'll order more!

Sitting in my parcel motel at the moment. Too late to head and get now. Will get tomorrow.

Go on get it ffs....

mad m wrote: »
    Go on get it ffs....

Might leave it until after work actually. No harm really, right?

Collected mine.. pretty damn daycent!

89e53dca_7f3d_4d55_9808_54717c06ef65.jpg

And thankfully a respectable KeepCup colour too.. was hoping it wouldn't be something overly feminine that would clash with my already pink dungarees and floral pattern sunglasses.

Got the same. That's a 95pence very well spent :P

Edit: The XMASBEANS is now invalid. That will teach them to not track their coupon codes. A valuable business lesson :P

• Advertisement

nice, I was secretly hoping for one of those glass keep cups as I know one person who's ordered from pact before, but I'm not going to complain for 9€ I've bought beers at that price without batting an eyelid.

nice, I was secretly hoping for one of those glass keep cups as I know one person who's ordered from pact before
    Those glass cork-lined models are pricey... I definitely wasn't thinking we'd be getting them.

Can we use the filter right away or do we have to buy paper filters first?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Missed out on this an enquired could I get it as a mate got it and they said a scam website got hold of an old code (boards is from now on a scam website) and they lost a lot of money. They have an offer now for the v60 and 250g coffee for 6.95 mite go with it. Is the keepcup much of an addition???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭caviardreams

What date was the coffee roasted out of interest? Might try them out.

Basq wrote: »
    Those glass cork-lined models are pricey... I definitely wasn't thinking we'd be getting them.
    yup was just extremely wishful thinking on my part.

oh god, i'm as bad as those complaining that this wasn't 95p :pac:

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    Missed out on this an enquired could I get it as a mate got it and they said a scam website got hold of an old code (boards is from now on a scam website) and they lost a lot of money. They have an offer now for the v60 and 250g coffee for 6.95 mite go with it. Is the keepcup much of an addition???

there's also referral codes that give both £5.95 credit.

Dard23 wrote: »
    Can we use the filter right away or do we have to buy paper filters first?
    You get filters with it.. and they do recommend using the Hario filters with it (for some reason). From one review - "other filters are too thin (and break) or too thick (and slow the flow).".
    What date was the coffee roasted out of interest? Might try them out.
    Roasted on Tuesday..

Untitled.jpg

roast dates may change depending on the coffee you got, but still the fact it's within this week is excellent :).

• Advertisement

Basq wrote: »
    You get filters with it.. and they do recommend using the Hario filters with it (for some reason). From one review - "other filters are too thin (and break) or too thick (and slow the flow).".

Roasted on Tuesday..

Untitled.jpg

tried that planalto yet?

tried that planalto yet?
    Nope, not yet. Literally collected before work and no grinder in work! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Just opened my box of goodies. Fruit+nut espresso beans also roasted on the 12th. Free biscuits, god I love those.:D

Have to say I'm very impressed with what I see... even like the little magnet instructions on using the V60, plus the detail card on the coffee is a nice touch. Definitely considering keeping these guys on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

My keepcup is a little different colour wise but I like it.

i5i6eXr.jpg?1

I went for the Brazil/Rwanda Fruit & Nut espresso myself :) (also roasted on 12th)

I've never had a Hario before so I was very pleased to see it included 100 filters. Thanks for sharing OP. This is a great little company :cool:

Yeah, my KeepCup is same colour... I'd say it's same for all with the Pact branding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭kildaremum

Thank you for sharing OP. Mines on the way too. Love a bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭SEORG

Thanks OP, everything arrived today. Great bargain.

Seeing as the company lost money on this deal , it would be nice to think we'd all put through another order to help them out!

Seeing as the company lost money on this deal , it would be nice to think we'd all put through another order to help them out!

I would in fact set up a standing order if they posted directly but that PM charge is a deal breaker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Got it today, good find OP.

• Advertisement
Advertisement