Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

250g Coffee + Hario V60 Coffee Maker + 8Oz KeepCup - ~€9 delivered (including PM)

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Dard23 wrote: »
    I would in fact set up a standing order if they posted directly but that PM charge is a deal breaker.

I mailed them about shipping to Ireland and they said:
    We are using Royal Mail for our shipping at the moment, so we're not shipping internationally. However, I know that this is in the pipeline for the future, so hopefully we'll be able to start shipping to you properly sometime this year :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭damo80

Mine on the way now can't wait. Got it for a euro too so happy out!! Have one of those cups already (can buy in insomnia) they're very good I must say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

Have to say coffee is top notch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭yannakis

The brain who packed my order forgot everything but the coffee!

7PHtCYk.png

dEm2IEi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

So you only received the coffee, that makes it an expensive order?! Not overly comforting from a first time order with a company! I'd email them anyway, the only thing is you'll be paying twice for parcel motel unless they're willing to send direct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Picked up mine today . nice kit..and some biscuits :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭yannakis

the only thing is you'll be paying twice for parcel motel unless they're willing to send direct.

Exactly, so I don't see a point.. I wasted enough time and energy for this "bargain" :mad:

Glad to see that some got it for real though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

YanisK wrote: »
    Exactly, so I don't see a point.. I wasted enough time and energy for this "bargain" :mad:

Glad to see that some got it for real though :D
    You haven't given them the opportunity to make it right yet. Let them know what happened and explain the extra cost you will incur if they ship the remaining bits to parcel motel. They seem like a good company I imagine they will make it right and send the remaining bits directly to you but you need to give them that opportunity rather than just bash them.

Also, please don't directly embed such large images in your posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭Tweej

I ran the risk of just ordering this without a parcel motel and just putting BA1211 postcode. Arrived this morning. Someday that's not going to work and I'm going to feel a fool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Tweej wrote: »
    I ran the risk of just ordering this without a parcel motel and just putting BA1211 postcode. Arrived this morning. Someday that's not going to work and I'm going to feel a fool.

An Post hate you :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Off-topic but reminds me of the first time my girlfriend used Eircode... the post was delayed by a day, and someone in An Post scrawled out the Eircode and wrote 'SLIGO' under it! :D

Tweej wrote: »

Tried that code but got need a valid post code....

mad m wrote: »
    Tried that code but got need a valid post code....
    Presuming he meant BT11AA (freebie list postcode)..

Maybe you have all tried this but, if you want more coffee at a good price, sign up your other half with your special code. They get coffee for 1 quid while you get 5.95 put into your credit to buy even more coffee.

Basq wrote:
    Presuming he meant BT11AA (freebie list postcode)..

Sorry would you mind explaining how that works?

Sorry would you mind explaining how that works?
    Essentially putting in an Irish address (maybe including 'ROI' or 'Eire' somewhere in the address) but using BT11AA as postcode (postcode for Belfast). So depending on who you get in Belfast - it MAY or MAY NOT get forwarded South of the border.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Don't know what peoples reactions were to the coffee but I got the tropical fruit and it failed to impress.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Yeah, I got Blackberry & Honey. I'm far from a connoisseur of coffee but the coffee was just grand - nothing special to be honest.

I was hoping it would be great so as to justify getting a couple more deliveries - might still give it one more go...

Yeah, I got Blackberry & Honey. I'm far from a connoisseur of coffee but the coffee was just grand - nothing special to be honest.

Same, I did enjoy it but I usually have Lavazza beans and I grind everything myself. Their coffee was nice but I would take Lavazza over it any day. It was a bit weak I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

I got the blackcurrant syrup,have to say I thought it was amazing really showed the difference between freshly roasted beans and shop bought.

In saying that not sure if I will continue with them aside from the PM costs, they state the bags are 250g but they are closer to 200g. I have a bean to cup machine and it takes 250g to fill it,their bag wasn't close to filling it so that's working out very expensive for future orders

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Mine arrived at the office last week - everything included except for the Keep Cup which I was looking forward to :( Must have just been forgotten. Emailed them just now anyway and will see if there's anything they can do. Got the fruit and nut and it's nice - would definitely consider another order.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

NATLOR wrote: »
    I got the blackcurrant syrup,have to say I thought it was amazing really showed the difference between freshly roasted beans and shop bought.

In saying that not sure if I will continue with them aside from the PM costs, they state the bags are 250g but they are closer to 200g. I have a bean to cup machine and it takes 250g to fill it,their bag wasn't close to filling it so that's working out very expensive for future orders

My bag had 254g of coffee in it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 system_538781

I used code BT1 1AA and it arrived today with a lovely message scrawled on the box:

"STOP LYING ON POST CODES! NOT IRELAND CODE!"

Not sure if the author of this message needs grammar and geography lessons or if I just need economics lessons.

Meh. Time to rip, drip and sip.

system wrote: »
    I used code BT1 1AA and it arrived today with a lovely message scrawled on the box:

"STOP LYING ON POST CODES! NOT IRELAND CODE!"

Not sure if the author of this message needs grammar and geography lessons or if I just need economics lessons.

Meh. Time to rip, drip and sip.
    Hah! Really? Can you post a pic?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 system_538781

Joseph wrote: »
    Hah! Really? Can you post a pic?

Not sure how. Think I'm too new for uploading pictures. I collected it from An Post today and there was no issues so I have to assume it was from Belfast. It is cheeky to be using that code but at this stage I thought I wasn't going to receive my coffee at all.

• Advertisement

system wrote: »
    Not sure how. Think I'm too new for uploading pictures. I collected it from An Post today and there was no issues so I have to assume it was from Belfast. It is cheeky to be using that code but at this stage I thought I wasn't going to receive my coffee at all.
    I'm surprised they still forward them free of charge and don't just return to sender. Guess they are getting fed up of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Just got my second bag, got the Planalto first, this time went for the Fruit and Nut Espresso. Both enjoyable coffees, think the Fruit and Nut was much nicer though.

Pity about not shipping to Ireland, don't think I can keep justifying the parcel motel cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Just a reminder that people who signed up for this will be getting another bag of Pact coffee in the next 7-14 days if they don't cancel their account.

I just cancelled my account there. The coffee was pretty good and great to get the freebies but for me paying almost €10 for delivery of 250g of coffee is just too expensive. I prefer to buy it by the kilo in any case, 250g doesn't go that far in a coffee addicted household.

So back to discountcoffee.ie for me. Anyone hear of a 10% off code for them lately?

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Just a reminder that people who signed up for this will be getting another bag of Pact coffee in the next 7-14 days if they don't cancel their account.

I just cancelled my account there. The coffee was pretty good and great to get the freebies but for me paying almost €10 for delivery of 250g of coffee is just too expensive. I prefer to buy it by the kilo in any case, 250g doesn't go that far in a coffee addicted household.

So back to discountcoffee.ie for me. Anyone hear of a 10% off code for them lately?

€10 euro for 250g of single origin coffee is pretty good tbh. You won't find an Irish roaster delivering for under that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

€10 euro for 250g of single origin coffee is pretty good tbh. You won't find an Irish roaster delivering for under that.

Oh I know, Irish roasters tend to be quite expensive too. But paying €40 a kilo of coffee is just too much of a stretch for me especially as the household goes through a lot of it. I'm going back to discountcoffee.ie where they sell decent coffee for €8-€14 per kilo. They may not be single origin but to my taste buds the various roast coffees they sell are perfectly acceptable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Isn't this 4kg of Single Origin coffee for €45.99? http://www.discountcoffee.ie/coffee/coffee/small-lot

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Isn't this 4kg of Single Origin coffee for €45.99? http://www.discountcoffee.ie/coffee/coffee/small-lot

It is. No info on roasting dates though, unless I missed it. Great deal if its fresh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭caviardreams

It is. No info on roasting dates though, unless I missed it. Great deal if its fresh!

I have ordered from discount coffee before - no roasting dates and I sense they could have been roasted months ago. Difficult to compare with freshly roasted really, and the latter is definitely worth paying a premium for. The like sof Bell Lane, Coffee Mojo and Ponaire all worth checking out for freshly roasted, single origin imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

I have ordered from discount coffee before - no roasting dates and I sense they could have been roasted months ago. Difficult to compare with freshly roasted really, and the latter is definitely worth paying a premium for. The like sof Bell Lane, Coffee Mojo and Ponaire all worth checking out for freshly roasted, single origin imo.

+1 for ponaire,good coffee,reasonably priced,decent selection and free delivery when ordering over 500g

The code ADDFILTER will get you a free Hario V60 on sign up - no keepcup this time sadly.

Advertisement