Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Water proofing (vasaline/greese etc?) question

• 12-04-2016 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

My son's SV650 (curvy) has a problem with water screwing up the front cylinder/plug.

I've used vasaline on the HT lead and plug, it works but the majority gets burnt off.

Is there any other sealants which would be better suited to the job?.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

High temperature silicone grease :

http://cpcireland.farnell.com/grease-silicone-grease/prl/results

This lad made a water deflector out of an old battery box or something so it looks kinda factory

http://i.imgur.com/V1F8OWH.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Cheers.

I'll pick up some high temperature sealant tomorrow.

He has a fender extender ordered.

Cheers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well known problem on the sv as plug is directly behind the front wheel taking spray in wet. You can actually buy a wider HT lead for the sv that stops the water getting in. Leppla had this exact problem on his sv sorted with new lead, check out forums you see all about it.
    You should also invest in s front fender extender

Advertisement