Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House share in cork, need help on location.

Options
  • 12-04-2016 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

hi all. i found out today i got a 8 month course in cork that iv been trying to get on for 2 years :)

i was only in cork once for a day last week for a test and unfortunately neglected to check out the surrounding areas for a place to live,

im currently in sligo so as you can imagine i cant just pop down and take a look around. ill be in the Cork training center in bishopstown but have a car so don't need to live too close and will need to work weekends to survive, so im looking for a place with a comfortable walk to the City Center (under 20 minutes) in a housing estate with off street parking... or am i dreaming? iv been on daft and rent.ie but cant get my head around the area, dont want to live somewhere dodge anyway.

any help on what areas to look at is greatly appreciated.

thank-you
    Alan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Try Ballincollig, Bishopstown area around Mardyke. Lots of student accommodation so might be of some use.
    Ballincollig mightnt be walking distance so if you're determined to be say 20 mins walk it may not be any good, but still worth a look.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 25 taco.cat

Where's the course? There'll be a big difference in answer depending on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ali-d1936

Its in bishopstown

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭solargain

plenty of houses in wilton & bishopstown with parking

ali-d1936 wrote: »
    ....... so im looking for a place with a comfortable walk to the City Center (under 20 minutes) in a housing estate with off street parking... or am i dreaming? iv been on daft and rent.ie but cant get my head around the area, dont want to live somewhere dodge anyway........

the under 20 mins walk to the City Centre rules out most of Bishopstown imo, this place seems to be what you are looking for presuming you are looking to share?

http://www.daft.ie/cork/house-share/glasheen/34-lima-lawn-glasheen-cork-874399/

Close to Bishopstown too, that place is sort of half way between the City Centre & Bishopstown.

Really quiet except there's two primary schools a few hundred yards away, zero dodginess about the area.

I have no connection to the place but I was in your situation twice or thrice over the years when moving to other parts of the country so thought I'd have a peak at daft for you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

As above Glasheen is a good idea. Kind of in between the city and Bishopstown. Lots of estates around Wilton area. Bit more than 20mins away from the city though! Also look out for Deerpark, big estate close to the city. Turners Cross also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

ali-d1936 wrote: »
    hi all. i found out today i got a 8 month course in cork that iv been trying to get on for 2 years :)

i was only in cork once for a day last week for a test and unfortunately neglected to check out the surrounding areas for a place to live,

im currently in sligo so as you can imagine i cant just pop down and take a look around. ill be in the Cork training center in bishopstown but have a car so don't need to live too close and will need to work weekends to survive, so im looking for a place with a comfortable walk to the City Center (under 20 minutes) in a housing estate with off street parking... or am i dreaming? iv been on daft and rent.ie but cant get my head around the area, dont want to live somewhere dodge anyway.

any help on what areas to look at is greatly appreciated.

thank-you
    Alan

I was in a house share in Deerpark before and it was an easy 10 minute walk to town and a very quiet area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭goochy

Douglas / Rochestown nicest and liviest place to live in cork - its expensive to buy there so you can enjoy the lifestyle on the cheap - house sharing.

I lived in Glanmire for first 3 yrs. in cork then moved to Rochestown / douglas for 3 yrs- totally changed my view of Cork !

if you are fit - you can even walk into city - but theres plenty locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Unz88

Wilton Glasheen would be handy for walking into town

Advertisement