Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constant hiccups on sound and picture (Eir TV)

Options
  • 12-04-2016 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I am having an issue with my Eir TV. While watching a show, I am experiencing constant hiccups on both sound and picture. Hiccups occur every 20-30 seconds, but sometimes they can even be every 5-10 seconds.

I had my decoder connected over powerlines (eir). I called support a week ago, I was about 30 minutes on the line troubleshooting, we reset the powerlines and that seemed to fix the issue. Unfortunately it was temporary, as it stared again after a couple of hours.

I changed it's position to do some checking, and connected it directly on the modem. Did not fix the issue. So powerlines, is not the issue. Also the guy did some checks on the line, and said there is no problem.

I enabled QoS in the modem, I gave Highest priority to the device.
    I removed every device from LAN/Wifi.
    I rebooted the modem.
    Nothing worked.

Please advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Wizard! wrote: »
    Hi all.

I am having an issue with my Eir TV. While watching a show, I am experiencing constant hiccups on both sound and picture. Hiccups occur every 20-30 seconds, but sometimes they can even be every 5-10 seconds.

I had my decoder connected over powerlines (eir). I called support a week ago, I was about 30 minutes on the line troubleshooting, we reset the powerlines and that seemed to fix the issue. Unfortunately it was temporary, as it stared again after a couple of hours.

I changed it's position to do some checking, and connected it directly on the modem. Did not fix the issue. So powerlines, is not the issue. Also the guy did some checks on the line, and said there is no problem.

I enabled QoS in the modem, I gave Highest priority to the device.
    I removed every device from LAN/Wifi.
    I rebooted the modem.
    Nothing worked.

Please advice.
    Hi Wizard!,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm so sorry to hear you are experienced these issues with your TV.
    Please feel free to PM me your account number and I will contact the technical support team in regards to this.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Hi There,
    Im having the something similar of a problem, Service drops for 7-8 mins at a time ,   Since last Sunday week , I contacted tech support on the Sunday was on hold for 30 mins so hung up , I contacted again Monday  as the same problem again ,They could see the line dropping in tech support , They sent out a man to look at line and a new Modem , But again last night the service went down at 5pm , Im getting very anoyed as im paying for a service which keeps going down , 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

castle2012 wrote: »
    Hi There,
    Im having the something similar of a problem, Service drops for 7-8 mins at a time ,   Since last Sunday week , I contacted tech support on the Sunday was on hold for 30 mins so hung up , I contacted again Monday  as the same problem again ,They could see the line dropping in tech support , They sent out a man to look at line and a new Modem , But again last night the service went down at 5pm , Im getting very anoyed as im paying for a service which keeps going down , 
    Hi castle2012,

I'm so sorry to hear to hear you are experiencing similar issues. Please feel free to PM me your account number and I will query this with the technical support team.

-Pamela 

Advertisement