Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copyrighted music in a video

Options
  • 12-04-2016 9:34pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭

Interested to know how videographers use copyrighted music in their videos/slideshows. For example, you'll see lots of nice short wedding videos using say, an Ed Sheeran song as the accompanying music, yet I'd bet they don't have the rights to use it.
    I'm talking about videos posted particularly on Facebook, Vimeo and Youtube. I know I've tried it on FB and have had the video removed immediately.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Generally it seems as long as you're not making money off the video (as in monetizing it on youtube) they're not as bothered. Especially if it's got less than 50,000 views. That's on youtube. You could always try finding the site that doesn't make an issue about it and just link it everywhere else.

I've used copyrighted content and said so when putting it up, untick monetization and nothing more is said.

I could see them changing their mind if the video was getting tens of thousands of hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

there are annual licences that Wedding Videographers can buy for music that allow them to use commercial music...so I would not presume or bet on that...

Advertisement