Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website review / Why is the google ranking so crap?

• 12-04-2016 10:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭

Here is the URL: http://twomeytarmac.ie/

I know it doesn't look great, and it's even worse on mobile. For now it does the job just fine but I am most definitely looking for recommendations on how to improve it. There is still some fine tuning to do, but I've spent the last number of days trying to improve the google ranking without absolutely no luck.

When I search for "tarmacadam contractor cork" they're on page 3. If I search for "tarmac contractor cork" then they are down on page 3 with this URL: http://twomeytarmac.ie/jobportfolio/

Now if I search for "local tarmacadam contractor" they do show up on the first page.. or at least their business does.. twice? Despite that, the actual website is on page two.. :
    pccppuW.png

I really don't understand what I am doing wrong with the SEO to deserve a page 2/3 ranking when sites like the golden pages, boards.ie, and other directory sites are topping the results..

I would really appreciate any feedback here at all.. positive or negative..

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

"I know it doesn't look great, and it's even worse on mobile. For now it does the job just fine "????

If it is doing the job just fine why this post.

Google's main factor on ranking a website is its content. TEXT content. Your site hardly has any.
    If you want the site to rank for tarmacadam in Cork, create a page and write 200 words plus about tarmacadam in Cork. Add a few illustrative pictures with alt and title tags

You will have heard the phrase "first impressions count". If I visit a website and my first impression is "botched" and the second is "done on the cheap", I would be unlikely to buy from that site. As the inference is the work/product will most likely be botched and cheap as well.

Lets assume that a "proper" website actually generated you new business, how many jobs would it take to pay for the site.
    After that your site is then generating you money! Look at the website as an investment not as an expense.

With regards constructive criticism of the site it would take too long to offer suggestions for all that needs doing.
    I would suggest you start reading up on design, marketing, SEO etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

For what is a basic local tradesman site you are not ticking enough fairly straightforward boxes. Potential and expected content like testimonials, before and after stories, a map are missing, poor or in a poor format/below par. There isn't even a SEO plugin being used and Social signals are largely missing bar FB (you are missing an important Google+ integration ranking silver bullet). I can't see why this site isn't responsive as there's loads of themes for that and to make it look good as it currently looks really bad. Basically pretty much everything needs to be brought up to scratch including photos and text content.

Advertisement