Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebuild 20 sqm extension

Options
  • 12-04-2016 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

We're in a mid-terraced house and looking to demolish an existing 20sqm extension and rebuild it to "builders finish". We're also looking to the lower level outside (approx 25 sqm) by about .4m and remove a chimney. Access is through the house only and located in Dublin. What am I looking at, would 50K do it?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

dubber wrote: »
    We're in a mid-terraced house and looking to demolish an existing 20sqm extension and rebuild it to "builders finish". We're also looking to the lower level outside (approx 25 sqm) by about .4m and remove a chimney. Access is through the house only and located in Dublin. What am I looking at, would 50K do it?

Should be more than enough in 50k.
    My biggest concern is the drop by 400mm. Is that initial or external? Party wall, boundary wall may be affected?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭dubber

kceire wrote: »
    Should be more than enough in 50k.
    My biggest concern is the drop by 400mm. Is that initial or external? Party wall, boundary wall may be affected?

It's external with small boundary wall. I've got a couple of quotes from main contractors, but both more than I expected. I suppose they prefer jobs that require less use of wheelbarrows!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 marask

What did they quote you if I may ask? Im looking to get same done and just want to get idea as what is too much already

Advertisement