If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Onkyo TXRZ800 with the SKSHT588 speaker package

Options
  • 12-04-2016 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, 

I am considering the Onkyo TXRZ800 with the SKSHT588 speaker package. 
    Are there any deals going with this combo at the moment? 

Or other recommendations you can make. 

Use will be for home theater and music in an apartment, so not a huge amount of space available. 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

wandererz wrote: »
    Hi guys, 

Use will be for home theater and music in an apartment, so not a huge amount of space available. 
    That would be a really nice system!

I can do the Onkyo TXRZ800 with the SKSHT588 speaker package  at just £1130 /€1449 including delivery across Ireland

I also have one demo Z800 unit which is in excellent condition and I would do that with the 588 speaker pack at just £1079 / €1399 again including delivery.

We have them all available from stock - keep me posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭wandererz

Hi guys, 

I can do the Onkyo TXRZ800 with the SKSHT588 speaker package  at just £1130 /€1449 including delivery across Ireland

I also have one demo Z800 unit which is in excellent condition and I would do that with the 588 speaker pack at just £1079 / €1399 again including delivery.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks John, 

I think i would also need:

1) About 35mtrs of speaker cabling - What cabling would you recommend?  Cambridge Audio??
    2) Banana plugs for that speaker system. How many would be required? 24??
    3) CAMBRIDGE AUDIO HDMI 914 15M HDMI Lead

Would you revise the quote please to include the above (in sterling). 

Also, please advise delivery time to Dublin (and also if all the above is available in Belfast in case i decide to make a quick trip up). 

Ideally, I'd like to be setting this all up this weekend if the price matches my limited birthday budget. I have a short time frame before the wife cops on and the opportunity is lost.

I possibly also need a pair of rear speaker stands as well but these may need to be left for another time instead.

Many thanks. 

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Hi guys, 

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks John, 

1) About 35mtrs of speaker cabling - What cabling would you recommend?  Cambridge Audio??  
    2) Banana plugs for that speaker system. How many would be required?  24??

Also, please advise delivery time to Dublin (and also if all the above is available in Belfast in case i decide to make a quick trip up). 

Ideally,  I'd like to be setting this all up this weekend if the price matches my limited birthday budget. I have a short time frame before the wife cops on and the opportunity is lost.

I possibly also need a pair of rear speaker stands as well but these may need to be left for another time instead.

Many thanks. 
    Hi Wandererz,

With regards to the plugs, the speakers would have a spring connection so you wouldn't need plugs for that end, essentially you would only need plugs for the back of the amp, so 5 pairs in total
    For the additional plugs/cabling you would be looking at £ 159 / €219

We do currently have all of the system in stock locally, so if you were wanting to call up for it, drop us a PM with your contact details, or give us a call on 0044333 900 0070 opt2 and we can put the order up and hold it all for you

Cheers
    Brian

Thanks. Will be collecting this today. 

• Company Representative Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks. Will be collecting this today. 
    Hey Wandererz.

No problem at all.

Give me a shout when you arrive :D

• Advertisement

Hi guys,  i collected that system last Thursday.

Many thanks to the staff member who carried the boxes to the car and helped me squeeze it into the back of the Jag. (Tattooed guy who advised me about the bitstream settings). Very helpful indeed and much appreciated.
    I had reservations about whether it would fit after first seeing the size of the boxes. But i had also previously fitted a 55" curved tv into it as well. 

A note to anyone else, this in and of itself makes Richersounds free delivery option 150% worthwhile. 
    Even if you purchase something in a store up the street, you may not be able to fit the boxes into an average car. 

Take advantage of their delivery option and reduce your stress levels. 

Within an hour of getting home and moving the equipment, i was all up and running. 
    Everything cabled using manufacturer supplied speaker cable but will be swapping that out this weekend with the Cambridge Audio stuff i got off you guys. 

I found some YouTube videos as well explaining how to use the banana plugs i purchased with the Onkyo audio inputs, so will give that a try tomorrow. 

I am heading back up to Belfast today (Tuesday) and I'm thinking that i may need
     3 x [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]QED Profile eFlex 1M HDMI leads. [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Perhaps even 4.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Can you do anything further on price on these please? [/font]

Regards,
    Vinny

Hi guys,  i collected that system last Thursday.

Many thanks to the staff member who carried the boxes to the car and helped me squeeze it into the back of the Jag. (Tattooed guy who advised me about the bitstream settings). Very helpful indeed and much appreciated.
    I had reservations about whether it would fit after first seeing the size of the boxes. But i had also previously fitted a 55" curved tv into it as well. 

A note to anyone else, this in and of itself makes Richersounds free delivery option 150% worthwhile. 
    Even if you purchase something in a store up the street, you may not be able to fit the boxes into an average car. 

Take advantage of their delivery option and reduce your stress levels. 

Within an hour of getting home and moving the equipment, i was all up and running. 
    Everything cabled using manufacturer supplied speaker cable but will be swapping that out this weekend with the Cambridge Audio stuff i got off you guys. 

I found some YouTube videos as well explaining how to use the banana plugs i purchased with the Onkyo audio inputs, so will give that a try tomorrow. 

I am heading back up to Belfast today (Tuesday) and I'm thinking that i may need
     3 x [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]QED Profile eFlex 1M HDMI leads. [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Perhaps even 4.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Can you do anything further on price on these please? [/font]

Regards,
    Vinny
    Hi Vinny,

thanks a million for the kind words - I've passed your kind comments onto George ( The Tattooed guy - he is a pussycat really and he is a complete Audio Anorak / he just LOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEESSS his hifi!) thanks again!

On the QED Profile HDMI leads - they are £24.95 each, but they are better value in Euro - at €29.99 - so if you like we will do them at €80 for the 3 for you which is a cracking deal - if you need them sent out to you just give us a holler - I have also noted this price with notes on your account so you can just ask the guys to check your account if they query the price ;)

Thanks again and as ever keep us posted!
    ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭johnj1969

Hi how much is the Onkyo TX-RZ800 AV Receiver in £s and €s?
    Thanks.

johnj1969 wrote: »
    Hi how much is the Onkyo TX-RZ800 AV Receiver in £s and €s?
    Thanks.
    Hi Johnj, thanks for your post

The RZ800 is currently listed as £599 / €799 and is available to order via our website - http://euro.richersounds.ie/cssearch.aspx?searchterm=z800&swapstore=1 - for despatch from our UK warehouse on a 3-5 day delivery

Cheers
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭johnj1969

Hi guys, 

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks John, 

2) Banana plugs for that speaker system. How many would be required?  24??

Ideally,  I'd like to be setting this all up this weekend if the price matches my limited birthday budget. I have a short time frame before the wife cops on and the opportunity is lost.

Many thanks. 
    Hi,

How are you finding the Onkyo bud all round? 
    I am in the midst of a change.
    The Onkyo is a serious contender at the quality and price-
    5.1+, Atmos (or DTS:X), is more  than enough for me...Thanks.

• Advertisement

Hi,

5.1+, Atmos (or DTS:X), is more  than enough for me...Thanks
    Hi, 

Finding it great so far. It was easy enough to setup. 
    Speaker package came with speaker wiring but i will replace with the CA cables i got. 

Love the fact that it has so many HDMI inputs. I already have TV, Xbox, BluRay, Firestick, Chromecast, UPC Box and projector all connected. 

Remote looks complex enough but you get used to it after a brief read of the manual. 
    It could do with back-lit keys though. It's a shame that it doesn't. 
    However, i discovered an Onkyo Android app that allows me to connect to it over the wifi network and control it as well. 

I updated the firmware by downloading from the Onkyo website onto a clean USB key, inserting that into one of the  USB ports and selecting the firmware update onscreen option. Looking forward to doing that again when the update for DTS:X is released. 

In terms of sound, i can't fault it. It is a few generations better than what i had before. 
    Everything very clear and crisp. 

I may be biased as some of my first receivers 20yrs ago were Onkyo and Nakamichi. 

But this is well worth the money compared to other options in a similar price bracket. 
    Read the reviews on Amazon if you need any convincing. 

If you're around the Dublin area and need to check it out then give me a shout. 

Any other questions, feel free to ask. 

Hi,

5.1+, Atmos (or DTS:X), is more  than enough for me...Thanks
    Hi, 

Finding it great so far. It was easy enough to setup. 
    Speaker package came with speaker wiring but i will replace with the CA cables i got. 

Love the fact that it has so many HDMI inputs. I already have TV, Xbox, BluRay, Firestick, Chromecast, UPC Box and projector all connected. 

Remote looks complex enough but you get used to it after a brief read of the manual. 
    It could do with back-lit keys though. It's a shame that it doesn't. 
    However, i discovered an Onkyo Android app that allows me to connect to it over the wifi network and control it as well. 

I updated the firmware by downloading from the Onkyo website onto a clean USB key, inserting that into one of the  USB ports and selecting the firmware update onscreen option. Looking forward to doing that again when the update for DTS:X is released. 

In terms of sound, i can't fault it. It is a few generations better than what i had before. 
    Everything very clear and crisp. 

I may be biased as some of my first receivers 20yrs ago were Onkyo and Nakamichi. 

But this is well worth the money compared to other options in a similar price bracket. 
    Read the reviews on Amazon if you need any convincing. 

If you're around the Dublin area and need to check it out then give me a shout. 

Any other questions, feel free to ask. 

Thanks Wandererz, always good to get feedback from happy customers :)

Brian

Hi guys, 

I have a few questions. 

Less than 11 months after the above purchase the TX-RZ800 receiver seems to have an HDMI board failure. It does not output video via either of the two HDMI out ports. Not to my TV nor to my projector which both worked previously. I've changed hdmi cables and done a reset of the unit to no avail. 

How do I raise a warranty support call? And can i drop the unit to yourselves? 
    There doesn't seem to be an authorised repair center listed in  Ireland. 

Or what is the procedure? 

Regards, 
    wandererz

• Company Representative Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi guys, 

I have a few questions. 

Less than 11 months after the above purchase the TX-RZ800 receiver seems to have an HDMI board failure. It does not output video via either of the two HDMI out ports. Not to my TV nor to my projector which both worked previously.  I've changed hdmi cables and done a reset of the unit to no avail. 

How do I raise a warranty support call? And can i drop the unit to yourselves? 
    There doesn't seem to be an authorised repair center listed in  Ireland. 

Or what is the procedure? 

Regards, 
    wandererz
    Hi Wandererz,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your amp. You can certainly drop the amp back up to us at the store and we can send it off to Onkyo for repair.

If you send it back well packaged (preferably in its original packaging) to:

7 Smithfield Square North
    Belfast
    BT1 1FN

If you have the original receipt please put it in with the unit or failing that if you include your name and address and a description of the fault we will get that sorted for you.

Kind regards

David

@David:

Thanks for the prompt reply. 

What if I don't have the original packaging? Can i drop off the unit to yourselves "as is"? 
    I've really not had to return anything ever so didn't keep the packaging. 

@David:

Thanks for the prompt reply. 

What if I don't have the original packaging? Can i drop off the unit to yourselves "as is"? 
    I've really not had to return anything ever so didn't keep the packaging. 
    Wandererz,

even better if you can drop it in to us! That saves the 'courier risk!' 

We will box it up for you and send it back to an Onkyo Approved service agent for you and send it back to you as soon as its sorted.

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.