Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phd Transfer upcoming... Advice?

• 13-04-2016 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    im due to have my PhD Transfer interview in the coming weeks and im looking for advice on prep for it. I have had to submit 2 documents (10k wrds each), a proposed methodology report (in point form) and a introduction (approx 4-6 pages) to an internal examiner and my supervisor. The field of research is in communications and i am starting to get the imposter syndrome fear as it approaches. Im unsure of what to expect and have only been told that I shouldn't be worrying as it is more so a constructive conversation that anything else... I still have been aked to open the procedure with a 10 min presentation.
    Im looking for advice on what to include in the presentation and what to expect to be asked about. Im a part time student so am not surrounded by other postgrads who have just been through a similiar process.
    Im researching our of DCU, if anyone has any advice it would be welcomed.
    Thanks

Advertisement