Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did you ever just want to go away for a few days

Options
  • 13-04-2016 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭

I'm coming out the other end of a horrible two week viral dose. Missed a paid up week in Spain, to look at damp miserable days here.

I just want to get on a flight anywhere.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Have the same issue here, having a rough time health wise and looking for a quick break at the months end

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭fits

Me too. Think i'll head for Camino for a week and pick up where I left off five years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

With skyscanner.ie you can type choose Everywhere and it will pull up flights for the different countries from Dublin airport (or other airports). Might help narrow down your focus. For example just did that and got a flight to Bologna for €102 heading out 19th April returning 26th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

YES. Took a mental health break of a four-day weekend when I lived in Texas, took off into the wine-growing Hill Country near Austin, stayed in a sweet B&B near an herb farm, got a massage and bought an Amish quilt, ate when I felt hungry and slept whenever I felt tired, had a long tub soak, and came home with an enormous amount of stress relieved.

I really, really need to do this soon. I live in Ireland now, ffs. Lots of Americans would give their right eye to vacation here, and I LIVE here. I should just get in the car and drive until I get to somewhere I like the looks of. From my experience so far it could be twenty minutes away. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

With skyscanner.ie you can type choose Everywhere and it will pull up flights for the different countries from Dublin airport (or other airports). Might help narrow down your focus. For example just did that and got a flight to Bologna for €102 heading out 19th April returning 26th.
    and somewhere like Bologna is the centre of that Emilia-Romagna region where parma ham, parmesan cheese, pancetta, salamis and a whole heap of goodies come from.

Way better than a tediously boring beach holiday which leaves you with sunburn and your netherregions ruined by sand and salty water (a deadly combination)

And the 10 day forecast for weather for Bologna, sunny and between 22 and 25 all week. Sounds like a perfect place for a quick long weekend away to.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

jesus lads, you might be tempting me into these Bologna flights now myself :P had been talking about a 3-4 night getaway with the missus, there are some good deals out there for the next few weeks on skyscanner.. saw Nice for 71 return with ryanair although that was searching about 2 days ago may have gone up but thats great value. a great relaxing part of the world too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭mattser

Delighted others are thinking like I am. Thanks for the ideas. Let's just go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,837 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Bologna is a beautiful little city. Incredible food and a really nice chilled out feel about the place.

BOOK IT!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

mfceiling wrote: »
    Bologna is a beautiful little city. Incredible food and a really nice chilled out feel about the place.

BOOK IT!!

Almost as good as eurodisney I'd say?!
    :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement