Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urine as a fertilizer...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,530 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

depends on what you're using as a dressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Best applied during darkness :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,530 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

anyway, i often urinate in the garden; just a few places i can use which are out of sight of the neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭taxusbaccata

Yes. I frequently urinate into a container and add to my plants. Lots of macro and micronutrients. It only smells if bacteria break the urea into ammonia which is highly potent to our olfactory complex (nose/smell). We waste so many nutrients putting our bowel and bladder waste into the sea causing polluting eutrophication. With regard to bowel waste nature is telling us to stay clear until it's ready - about a year and all the harmful bacteria are dead from bacteriophages and you could eat it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Think I'll pass on the faeces diet.
    I regularly add urine to the compost bin, best accelerator of all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

If you're around Kilbarrack and see me pissing on a hedge, it's not only because I'm locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

I frequently irrigate my compost heap with urine.

Advertisement