Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Openelec forked to LibreElec

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

Forks are good, so don't worry. It's like a dope injection for the guys that decided to fork, because now they have to prove that they can walk the walk. In the same time the original project has to improve hoping that the existing user base won't follow the fork. So, enjoy! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I am looking forward to the 'competition' :D

From what I have read today there are 'improvements' coming in LibreElec that were refused in OE for a long time.

If they continue to answer user's requests in this manner they are assured of (at least) a big number of converts ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Using OpenElec on my pi. Hope this doesn't cause too much disruption but definitely time to make sure automatic updates are off for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Anyone know what happened? I assume there was a difference of opinion?

I was going to donate to openelec.tv, but I think I'll hold off now and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Anyone know what happened? I assume there was a difference of opinion?

I was going to donate to openelec.tv, but I think I'll hold off now and see what happens.

From what little I could garner, the original founder wanted to continue with his vision, and the other devs wanted something a bit different.

It appears all 24 of the other devs departed to fork OE and see their vision materialise. (a reference to 25 - 1 I read)

Other devs have joined both projects.

I saw today where there is some development of facilitating the adding of TBS drivers (for TV tuners) into the main release, something which has been strongly refused for the past few years in OE.

There are a few other items I hope LE will be willing to address also.

attachment.php?aid=16

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭human 19

d31b0y wrote: »
    Using OpenElec on my pi. Hope this doesn't cause too much disruption but definitely time to make sure automatic updates are off for now.

Same here. VU+ duo2 streamed into the kitchen via powerline adapters.
    A better menu system would be my first wish rather than constantly having to hit the back button...and the submenus constantly disappearing because the cursor went outside the field on the home menu.

Feature requests forum page http://forum.libreelec.tv/forum-18.html

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Was away for a week and came back to find my Raspberry Pi running Kodi had hung. It turned out to be filesystem corruption on the SD card, so I did a reinstall.

Coincidence, I'm sure. :pac:

Advertisement