Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complicated change of address situation

Options
  • 13-04-2016 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,

I recently changed over to Electric Ireland when a salesperson called to my door approx. 2 weeks ago. I explained at the time that we had just purchased a new property and would be doing some refurbishment to it before moving in. I was told that this would be no problem and that my account could move with me.

I've now received a letter to the new address saying that electricity will be cut off to it as there is currently no account holder since the previous owners moved out. I need to maintain power at the new address to allow the refurb work to take place.

I called customer services on Monday who told me that my only solution would be to setup a new account at the new address and then cancel the account at the old address when we move - this would incur a €50 cancellation fee.

If the power is cut to the new house this would incur a €70 reconnection fee. I don't want to leave electric Ireland as a customer and intend to see out the 12 month contract I currently have as a minimum, so I don't see why I have to pay the cancellation fee. An alternative would be to setup the new account without a minimum 12 month period and allow me to transfer when we make the move. I was told by customer services this was not an option however.

Could you please let me know if there is anything else which could be done in this situation?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi The Last Beep,

Thanks for your message.

In order for us to look into this fully for you could you please send us a private message with the following details?
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    We can then look into your query.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Registered Users Posts: 16 The Last Beep

PM Sent

Thanks for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi The Last Beep,

Thank you for that.

We will respond to your PM as soon as we can.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Advertisement