Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AAI National Road Relays - Raheny - 17.04.16

Options
  • 13-04-2016 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭

Road relays is on this weekend.

It's one of the most prestigious titles for clubs and the senior men's will as ever be incredibly competitive. Donore will be looking to retain the title against the threat of Ennis Track and Raheny again. Raheny could put together a truly formidable team if they have all of their top men running.

Not sure who else will feature - maybe Sligo back again after winning in 2013 + 2014? Anyone else?

The competition in the master men's race is possibly even keener with any number of clubs capable of putting together a winning team.

I don't know that much about the senior women's, but I'm presuming it would be between Leevale and Crusaders?

Raheny women are legally obliged to win master's gold - I think it will be 9 in a row if they win this year???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

what time does this start on Sunday folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Duanington wrote: »
    what time does this start on Sunday folks?

2o'c, nice and civilized.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Man I love this race. Sadly we've no men's team this year (couldn't contribute myself as I'm a bit banged up), but may just head out to watch it to bask in the excitement, and catch the greatest upset in 9 years. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

Man I love this race. Sadly we've no men's team this year (couldn't contribute myself as I'm a bit banged up), but may just head out to watch it to bask in the excitement, and catch the greatest upset in 9 years. ;)

tell us more :)

tell us more :)
    Rumours of a group of TAC runners in drag, trying to wrestle the masters title from the Raheny wimmen. :)

• Advertisement

Rumours of a group of TAC runners in drag, trying to wrestle the masters title from the Raheny wimmen. :)

Knowing our luck we'd probably lose!

Knowing our luck we'd probably lose!
    Are you running?

Are you running?

yeah, we have a good few teams entered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Love it too. Probably event of the year imo. You get to run your race, then watch the real runners do their stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Myles Splitz

Provisional Entries

However I am sure there will be a bit of chopping and changing before Sunday

Gonna be interesting to say the least :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

Provisional Entries

However I am sure there will be a bit of chopping and changing before Sunday

Gonna be interesting to say the least :o

I had completely forgotten about DSD's senior men's team, which looks very strong, and the same with Kilkenny. If the strongest runners among those entered turn up, it could be a fantastic race between 4 or 5 teams. It'll be hard to run away on the 3rd leg with that depth.

For the men's 35+, Rathfarnham look very strong with Newbridge, Donore and Sligo possibly in the mix too? Not sure about the other teams.

Raheny don't appear to have a women's 35+ team, which means there'll be a new winner for the first time in 9 years, I think. I presume that's just a typo/admin error of some kind though (as they don't appear to have a 50+ women's team either which they would be favourites for).

Men's 50+ has to be Raheny again, possibly by a literal mile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Myles Splitz

Sacksian wrote: »
    I had completely forgotten about DSD's senior men's team, which looks very strong, and the same with Kilkenny. If the strongest runners among those entered turn up, it could be a fantastic race between 4 or 5 teams. It'll be hard to run away on the 3rd leg with that depth.

For the men's 35+, Rathfarnham look very strong with Newbridge, Donore and Sligo possibly in the mix too? Not sure about the other teams.

Raheny don't appear to have a women's 35+ team, which means there'll be a new winner for the first time in 9 years, I think. I presume that's just a typo/admin error of some kind though (as they don't appear to have a 50+ women's team either which they would be favourites for).

Looks to be a few missing alright. I know our Senior B team omitted also (unless the captain made a balls of it ;);) )

Interestingly no C Crowley on the Crusaders Senior team. Can't see Leevale being beaten here. Reckon could be interesting battle for 2nd though with Cru and Sli Chulainn, Deidre Byrne is in flying form at the moment.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Looks to be a few missing alright. I know our Senior B team omitted also (unless the captain made a balls of it ;);) )

Interestingly no C Crowley on the Crusaders Senior team. Can't see Leevale being beaten here. Reckon could be interesting battle for 2nd though with Cru and Sli Chulainn, Deidre Byrne is in flying form at the moment.

Crowley is injured, I believe.

Even if Traynor is out? some mention of the possibility on AAI.

davedanon wrote: »
    Even if Traynor is out? some mention of the possibility on AAI.

Maybe closer to 1200m then!

Damien Martin ran 4:53 in the Open mile last night and two of their other 50+ men ran 5:05 and 5:09. I'm not an expert on the category but I'm not sure other 50+ teams would have that type of depth.

My money would be on AAI mistake! as is their forte :D

Forgot about Ciaran Doherty on the 2 mile leg for Letterkenny 35+ - he ran 9.44 for this last year, giving them a 6-second lead going into the final mile. A stonger last leg and they could easily win it.

Good luck anybody racing today!

Sli Cualann win the masters ladies title!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

Good stuff, any chance of posting other results as you have thanks!!

Donore won masters men - Leevale leading senior ladies.

• Advertisement

Leevale senior ladies winners

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭AJCOT

Fantastic!

Ennis currently leading mens senior, Raheny second

Raheny take the win

Raheny women are legally obliged to win master's gold - I think it will be 9 in a row if they win this year???
    :cool: thanks for keeping the faith Krusty :cool: A medal was always in the plan, from fourth last year, it was just a question of which colour. Coachy told us the colour was gold and what coachy wants, coachy gets ;)

We sure did. Don't think we could have executed it better, in any way. Over the moon and so proud of my fellow team mates. Sli Cualann women also got bronze in the senior race. A great day for Sli Cualann women.

383503.jpg

Great day of racing today. We were out in force, although we sadly didn't trouble the engravers, so to speak.

Congrats on the gold, btw.

Great day's racing and weather, I really missed running this last year. The atmosphere on the final stretch is so brilliant! I love racing the national novice xc too but I think the relays has the best buzz of any club event on the athletics calendar.

Roll on 2017!

• Advertisement

davedanon wrote: »
    Congrats on the gold, btw.

Thanks! :)

Advertisement