Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oldbridge Station - New Entrance

Options
  • 13-04-2016 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭

So I see they are working on the new entrance opposite the Supervalu turn in Sallins

Anyone have any idea will they leave the other entrance or close it off ?

Bit worried it might turn into a rat run !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

Spoke with the builder these evening, Road is to be opened in 11/12 weeks time when the new lights are in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

MotorMike wrote: »
    Spoke with the builder these evening, Road is to be opened in 11/12 weeks time when the new lights are in place.

Who is building this latest set of homes?

Who is building this latest set of homes?

Same builder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

That junction is going to be some pain when it's finished. The lights will take ages and the traffic jams will be longer. Roll on the bypass.... (which, by the way, is featured on flightradar maps already! :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

coffeepls wrote: »
    That junction is going to be some pain when it's finished. The lights will take ages and the traffic jams will be longer.

Why will it take ages? It is true however that the existing congestion due primarily to right turning traffic either sides of the Canal will have additional car trips but people have to live somewhere, don't they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

HonalD wrote: »
    Why will it take ages? It is true however that the existing congestion due primarily to right turning traffic either sides of the Canal will have additional car trips but people have to live somewhere, don't they?

Somewhere else preferably :pac:

MotorMike wrote: »
    Same builder

Enovale?

I have no problem with people living somewhere - there is a general problem in Sallins with traffic because it's the main route from the Maynooth direction to Naas, for all traffic, commercial too. The bypass will alleviate that - but so far there's nothing started on that. Loads of plans and promises and money set aside.
    So - I would reckon a new crossroads with pedestrian crossings, filters etc will definitely slow down the traffic just a tad more. Of course it will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

I have no problem with people living somewhere - there is a general problem in Sallins with traffic because it's the main route from the Maynooth direction to Naas, for all traffic, commercial too. The bypass will alleviate that - but so far there's nothing started on that. Loads of plans and promises and money set aside.
    So - I would reckon a new crossroads with pedestrian crossings, filters etc will definitely slow down the traffic just a tad more. Of course it will.

I didn't say any different but your statement that the lights would take "ages" because of this doesn't make sense, and especially for the reasons you outlined above.

I didn't say any different but your statement that the lights would take "ages" because of this doesn't make sense, and especially for the reasons you outlined above.

Well I can't explain it any better. Wait till the new junction is up and running and we can see how it fares.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭wilser

Roll on the bypass.... (which, by the way, is featured on flightradar maps already! :D)

20 years waiting on the bypass,
    20 years ago we where told it was ready to start, funding was ready, builder was ready.
    So wouldnt be counting on it just yet.

New traffic light poles are in now with the wires hanging out of the top of them

Now speed ramps going in to the estate.

Why they didn't just close the old entrance I will never know

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Now speed ramps going in to the estate.

Why they didn't just close the old entrance I will never know

I saw them working at it this morning. Is there ramps there now? It looked like they were just putting in a pedestrian crossing just before the first right.

guil wrote: »
    I saw them working at it this morning. Is there ramps there now? It looked like they were just putting in a pedestrian crossing just before the first right.

Neighbour said there were ramps going in there

Also marked the road further down near the pillars for another ramp

I love how they installed the ramps but put no markings or warnings

Saw a few cars get air yesterday evening ! lol :pac:

I love how they installed the ramps but put no markings or warnings

Saw a few cars get air yesterday evening ! lol :pac:

Yes I would assume the markings are to follow? No idea they were there and no signage either

Yes I would assume the markings are to follow? No idea they were there and no signage either

I'd hope the markings are on them when I get home

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

New entrance looks like it's almost ready to be opened.

guil wrote: »
    New entrance looks like it's almost ready to be opened.

Yeah just the additional lights on the poles and the road needs to be finished inside the estate

• Advertisement

New entrance open since yesterday

All good so far going in and coming out. Speeds things up being a resident if anything

Parents in law found it a lot handier than waiting to get out at the t junction further up. Hopefully it won't become a rat run and turn the estate into a bypass

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Naas Man

Does anyone remember the first time a set of lights was placed on the junction? There was bedlam for two days, they had to turn them off. The traffic was nearly back to Naas!
    When the schools are back in three to four weeks then you'll see the difference the new lights will make!
    School term will be the real acid test!! I suspect things will not be all smooth.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Dreading this when the schools are back. Sallins is a nightmare at the best of times so I can't see this doing much favours for rush hour

Advertisement